Thanks, Petter

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Thanks, Petter

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 00:33

*Smooches*

(No responce needed.)

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Dec 2006, 02:00

Hold on there, what has been going on to warrant such a gesture of affection? And Scarlett's return, for that matter? I request a public investigation, immediately!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 21 Dec 2006, 05:32

It does seem a little out of the blue, but then what do I know? :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 21 Dec 2006, 07:06

Scarleta returns!! I have alredy been asking myself if you weren't absorbed into one of your maps and started a living there :P
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 13:32

Well, I wasn't going to tell WHICH of Santa's helpers sent me a gentle reminder that folks over here still cared about me. *sniffle* But I think he 'outed' himself on another thread.

I'm seriousely touched that I was missed. (I thought you'd all be happy that I shut the heck UP for a while! ;) ) But life got complicated.

First, I was SO CLOSE to finishing that stupid campaign of mine - then realized that I had sent out my last 'Test' version with the last map giving starting people at the 1/2 way point with 200 Black dragons. 8| Good Greif! That one was just to let me see if the last 'events' were 'firing' correctly! Gag! Then I figured out that I had apparently deleted the copy where I had done TONS of corrections. I threw a major temper tantrum over that one! You might have heard it all the way over at your homes around the world. I was really TRING to finish that thing before H5 came out.

Then H5 DID arrive, or at least the Demo Version, and I can't play it on my computer. Major Sadness. I could probably run it on my son's computer, but I don't think he would like having his mom hang out in his room - bumping him out of his World of WarCraft time. *sigh*

I have gotten rather hooked on Civilization III and have been playing that for a few months. However, I'm quickly getting tired of it as it doesn't have a 'story line' like Heroes does. It is rather the same thing over and over again.

My Haunted House project pretty much took over my life this summer and fall. We had a new 'partner' that was promising to build us this big, beautiful temperary building in a prime location to make mega bucks. He as also going to cover the cost of a HUGE ad campaign that would make us some major money. (He was the manager of a company that provides those big fancy temp stages for county fairs, etc. He was going to build a 60X60 foot temp building using stage flooring turned up on their sides for walls. He was even talking 2 40 foot towers with search lights on top and a big screen TV out front running promotional ads and clips of scary movies to entertain the crowds.) It was a grand and gloriouse plan. My crew worked our BUTTS off all summer building new props and stuff to put in this grand adventure.

Yep. You guessed it. Anything that sounds to good to be true, probably is. The guy was full of hot air. HIS boss had never approved ANY of this. Allegidly, he was going along with it at first, then pulled the rug out from under the project in late August. Right before we were supposed to start building in early September. We were all crushed.

Then - a mirical happened. (or so we thought) A long time customer of mine who owns a small theatre (live shows are theatre - movies are theater) came into my shop. He said he did not have a show for October and we could run the show in his building if we would split the gate with him. We were thrilled! We re-worked all our sets to fit into the new location. Then he said we couldn't move into the building until the middle of September when his current show ended. Bummer. AND we had to get our own insurance for the run of the haunt (That was another $410 I didn't expect to pay and didn't have.) Then, it came to we had to get it all OUT in just THREE DAYS to make room for his next show. Then we had to leave room on the stage AND in front of the stage for his rehearsals.... His list of demands got longer and longer and crazier and crazier as time went on. I was about ready to have a nervouse break down. (I was seriously having thoughts of suicide this guy was making me so frelling crazy!) With all those hassles, on TOP of running my costume shop - NO one got any publicity done! So here we were - with my entire group having to drive across town every night to work on this project with a screaming maniac telling us Not to mess up his theatre - don't touch any of his 'stuff' - Don't leave food or messes in his dressing rooms (even though it was HIS STAFF people who were making the messes and leaving half eaten food back there, my people always ate before arriving and carried our make-up cases back and forth each night.) Then he started complaining that he wasn't making any money off the haunt and he had to close his "Only profitable show of the year" early to make room for us and his electric bill was going to be through the roof and didn't I think I should pay 1/2 of that also? (Even though He and another person LIVED at the theater and he ran rehearsals through the entire time - he felt that the EIGHT nights we were open there doubled his electric bill for the whole month... never mind that the weather had turned bitter cold.)

Oh! And did I mention that a fluke accident broke my driver's side car window out the Friday night before Halloween on Tuesday? Yep. Bitter cold, driving across town for 4 more nights and I had no freeking glass in my car! Then, the haunt lost so much money and we had to tear down the haunt, move it store it, take down Halloween at the costumes shop and drag out the Christmas stuff that I didn't have the time or the money to fix my car window until DECEMBER 4th when my car got TOWED from a parking garage while I was sitting in court doing nothing. Yep. Jolly wonderful life I lead.

Last YEAR - someone stole my credit card number and was making a bunch of charges on it. I reported it and got most of the charges taken off my bill. They caught the woman that did it and I had to go sit in court for her preliminary trial. Well, she waved her rights to that because there was a witness there - me - and they move on to the next phase which will be the real trial in about 8 to 12 weeks. The DA's office will call me if they need me. But this means that I had to take off work, go downtown and sit in a court room for about an hour and a half while they discussed this. When I went back to the parking garage, my car was gone! I asked the parking attendent about it and she started screaming "It's not my job! Call these numbers!" I asked her what was up with that because I parked where she told me to park and she screamed "I told you to park on the 4th floor at any reserved number - NOT a reserved number with a name on it!" I told her that I didn't see any spots without names on them and parked at one with a STREET name on it. Apparently, there is a business named after the street and I used one of thier spots. But there I was, stranded down town in the freezing cold with no car and no cell phone. When I asked the attendent where I could find a pay phone, she started screaming "Not my Job" again. I walked next door to the bank and they let me use their phone. By this time, I was SO ANGRY that I was about to cry. (Women do this. When we socially can NOT yell at people, the emotions normally turn to tears.) My mom came to get me. When I got to work and started making phone calls, I found out that the tow bill would be $150. I called the owner of the parking garage and explained my situation. She agreed that the attendent had been unclear about telling me where to park AND she had 'a bit of an attitude' so the garage payed for the tow.... but I still had to go across town to get my car! At least the empound lot was close to my cheep mechanic, so we dropped my car off to get the window fixed while we were down there. It took 2 days to fix it and cost $100. Funny thing was, as soon as we got the window fixed - the weather warmed up!!! I have actually driven with the window down since it got fixed!

Needless to say - my last few months have been a living hell. But it's ok. Things are looking up. Since everything went SO BAD for the haunt, even my husband has agreed to leave it alone until next spring and if nothing 'falls in our laps' and we have a SOLID location by the first of July, we will just call it off for a year and decorate our yard. So that worry - and expence - is off my mind. Christmas sales at the costume shop have been very good, so at the year's end, we'll be 'In the Black'. (For non-USAians - that means out of debt and turning a proffit.)

I've spent the last couple of weeks baking cookies and goodies for all my friends who worked on the haunt with us - NOT the theatre guy! :devil: - and the police, fire department and the City Council people. All of those people were SO HAPPY to get cookies, cakes and pies that it made the effort worth it all. Honestly, at the City Council meeting, you would have thought I was passing out $100 bills instead of little bags of cookies. *giggle* It made me much happier.

Then, I get home yesterday and find a package in the mail from a friend. Inside was a gift and a note that ended with "Stop by the forum sometime. We're still here." I just can't tell you how HAPPY that made me. When 'Life' just keeps throwing bad things at you, it's the little things that make one remember that the BEST part of life are friends.

I love you guys. I really do.

So yeah - a little spontanious Smooching is nothing compaired to what I actually felt about getting a letter and a CD.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Dec 2006, 14:45

I'll make you a deal: you pay for the plane fare, and I'll go and kill some of those pesky people for you. I'll bring my own little guillotine and everything ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 21 Dec 2006, 16:43

Poor Scarlett. ;_; I hope next year is better for you.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 21 Dec 2006, 17:10

Hi Scarlett, nice to have you back.

I've fixed you up with a christmas avatar to make you blend back in :)

(After the Holidays (or if you don't like it) you can find your old avatar here.)
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 21 Dec 2006, 17:21

When 'Life' just keeps throwing bad things at you, it's the little things that make one remember that the BEST part of life are friends.
Hi Scarlett and welcome back! We missed you.
Keep up the positive thinking I can feel in that phrase and things will turn out ok. :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 21 Dec 2006, 17:37

Ouch, bad things galore 8|

Well it can only go up from here, no doubt about it :)
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 21 Dec 2006, 18:58

Whooa! 8|

Well welcome back to the boards anyway ;)

Cute dog too :butterfly:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 19:41

Yeah - 2006 sort of sucked for me. But I'm looking forward to a better 2007!

Thanks for the Santa Hat, Roben! I was actually thinking that I should dig out my 'Elf' Avatar, but didn't know if there was enough time 'left' to bother with it. Then new look was another very sweet suprise. *smooches!*

Kalah, I'll call the travel agent as soon as I get through paying off all my other debts... but you have to promise to shove Ethric in your duffle bag and bring him along.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 21 Dec 2006, 19:45

Hi Sssssscarlett! It'sss good to sssee you again! :)
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 21 Dec 2006, 20:22

Yay! I'm glad you're back. I really missed you. -C
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 20:30

Vel's back too! Oh! How cool is that? Vel had been MIA for almost a year before I -er- went away.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 21 Dec 2006, 21:27

Scarlett! Whassup? Welcome back.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 21:31

Nuthin but YOU Vlad. :D

Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Fenris » 21 Dec 2006, 22:36

Cool, a Scarlett! Nice to see you. This calls for a Scarlett-is-back-dance. :oex:

Sorry about the bad year. Just say the word and I'll go ninja on any and all annoying persons.
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Dec 2006, 23:46

Thanks Babe! But I'm afraid the list is rather long. Even my 'Private' forum where my haunt buddies felt free to gossip about what we were doing, hoping to do, and ticked off about got 'infiltrated' by the 'enemy' who may have sabotaged our cool building. It was quite strange how everything was going GREAT until the NAME of the "Secret Partner" got posted on the forum. Within a WEEK, the whole deal folded with no good explinations. Things that make you go "Hmmmm".

Then we found out that TWO people - who were NOT supposed to be on the forum - printed out entire conversations about the theatre and gave them to the owner who was being so dreadful to us. This was a conversation that happened AFTER the show was over and people were complaining about having to get the stuff out so fast. Shortly after that, the owner locked us out of his building and we were VERY afraid we would not get the last of our stuff back. He DID manage to 'steal' a new ticket booth from us - but that's a long story. Let me tell you, this sad story just goes on and on and on. But I'll try not to bore everyone to DEATH with the gory details.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 23 Dec 2006, 15:20

Cheers to Petter for that great idea to send a gift !

And a longlasting and warm :hug: to Scralett. :)

When we already are on that topic... I think there are others who have not left us because we are so boring, but due to the fact that real life is not exactly a paradise. IIRC Rife once said that he is pretty much ending up on living on streets. Anyone heard of him?

Return to “Campfire”