changes to skill requirements for ultimate skills

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 24 Nov 2006, 01:10

the only changes are to the dwarf skills noted above, so you can go ahead and just grab the mod from here:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm5/ ... ck_HOF.pak

if you don't want to wait for me to pack it up nice with the readme file and put it in the mods section.

if you are using IE, don't forget to give it the right name when you save it.

(IE tends to try to change .pak files to some other extension).

put it in your dataa1 directory.

NOTE:

do NOT use this version with the original h5 game, it will fubar your skillsets. only use it with HOF. use the one in the mods download table for h5.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Dec 2006, 22:59

For those who use this mod how often does the a.i. come after you with the ultimate skill?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 06 Dec 2006, 23:03

it hasn't happened yet in over 30 games I've used it with so far.

the way the AI develops is typically by maxing base skills first, then going after perks and feats, so it would truly be a miracle if the AI managed to pull it off, without some scripting help.

It's still theoretically possible (and far more likely still than the original skill paths), that the AI could mange to get an ultimate special on any given map, but I wouldn't expect it on any map that doesn't allow for the AI hero to get to at least level 30, or somehow has a ton of skill tents available.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 13 Dec 2006, 16:56

Well, a big thank you to Sir_Toejam.

I used this mod combined with his easier hard mode start and I was able to get Nature's luck on the map disputed lands. I still had a decent challenge from the enemy armies because they were much bigger than on normal. It's fun to get the ultimate. I got it at level 19...My only surprise was that the path includes Elven luck which is even more powerful.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 13 Dec 2006, 23:33

well, it just made sense that an ultimate special that involved luck would have the luck tree as a prerequisite.

yog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problem with ossir_soldierluck in HOF

Unread postby yog » 18 Dec 2006, 18:19

Does the HOF edition include the ossir_soldierluck? Because when i run HOF ossir still got the original Magic resistance. :(

I have put the ossir_soldierluck.pak in the dataa1 folder.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 20 Dec 2006, 05:04

oops, no.

i'll fix the ossir mod for hof.

thanks

Ashur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

uhuh...

Unread postby Ashur » 15 Jan 2007, 14:00

This is verry cute and all but What abouth Patch 1.4? (2.0 for Hof);| Couse you know your work is great but slightly out of date and it irks me that i cant use your great mod....

P.S i edited stuff around had fun and and 2 ideas id like to sugest... First

Your Cold Steel+Master Mind+Banshe houl+spirit link is great
but i changed the recuirement for Spirit link from master of curses to master of PAIN...
First... the necromancer feeds of of PAIN to regain mana... Second area effect decay is waay neat,:hoo: and the +4 spell power to unholy word? I liked the fact of my enemyes dieing more than them being unabel to kill my creatures fast(weakness and suffering)

the second thing is.... Herald of death.... this is more from heros 5 camping....
:devious: You see Markal starts of with leadership anddddd Diplomacy.... Now herald of death is actualy quite usefull but you must pic the dam recruitment... i tell you the Main hero(Markal or some other) never almost visits the town and only when he needs spells or something the rest of reinforcments come from killings(skeletons archers) and summon creatuers..... So yeah i made herald of death recuirement diplomacy....

Thats all but mainly as i said.... i can edit it for my self... But i know only how to edit i have nooo idea how to make it 1.4 compliable....(and Hof compliable) So ahem plz do just that couse the ultimates really enhance the game for me and with out them its kinda feels unsatisfying :S

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 15 Jan 2007, 17:05

If you read page 5 youll find the hof mod its there ST posted it or use this link https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm5/ ... ck_HOF.pak . Welcome to the Round Table.

Ashur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ashur » 17 Jan 2007, 14:39

:devious: Uhuh i know that ands i Did download that one and tryed to use it ... but it Dint work....

How ever after hour of tinkering iv fixed it and now it works :hoo:

So thx anyway....

craziii
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby craziii » 09 May 2007, 06:16

does the mods work with the latest patch versions? H5 1.5 and hof 2.1? does it work for campaigns? would be really nice if it does.

BigBadPig
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BigBadPig » 29 Jul 2009, 17:22

Don't think the awesome work will continue for the TotE (as it's a year 2009 now), but still, if anyone could cover the Stronghold - or at least give me some tips on what to do - it would be just great.

myk002
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: changes to skill requirements for ultimate skills

Unread postby myk002 » 09 Jan 2021, 14:05

Hi, I've updated this mod for Tribes of the East 3.1. I fixed the broken existing factions and added rules for Fortress and Stronghold. All factions tested in TotE 3.1. Here's a copy of the updated README in the file:

[pre]
Fast-Track Specializations

to install:

drop the .pak file in your data directory

updated 10/2/06; note the specific changes to ultimates for preserve, dungeon, and necropolis.
updated 01/09/21; updated for TotE 3.1, added Fortress and Stronghold factions

I have modified the requirements for the ultimate specializations for each faction. They are far easier to obtain; you should be able with complete and total focus to get them around level 16 to level 20, with 16 being the absolute minimum, and that only provided the hero starts with one of the required skill trees and perks.

I'm hoping this will add a bit of interest in going after these skills on custom maps and in multiplayer.

I wouldn't suggest using this mod for the single-player campaigns; or at least only if you are playing on heroic.

here are the changes:

general: all ultimate specializations require complete mastery of the basic faction skills (i.e., you must have all specializations as one of the requirements). For example, Nature's luck requires rain of arrows, imbue arrow, and deadeye shot.

before you start thinking : "Yikes, those seem like hardly any requirements at all!" try it and see. I've tested with every faction, and the game requires expert skill levels in the base skills to accomplish the tasks at hand. However, if you do find it too easy (not including any maps that have skill trainers on them), do feel free to kick in commentary at the forum on the bottom of this readme.

Haven:

Unstoppable Charge

- Empathy (leadership)
- Retribution (attack)

Inferno:

Urgash's Call

- Teleport Assault (logistics)
- Swarming Gate (luck)

Dungeon:

Rage of Elements

- Secrets of Destruction (destructive magic)
- Erratic Mana and Magic Insight (sorcery)

Necropolis:

Howl of Terror

- Cold Steel (attack)
- Master of Mind (dark magic)

Academy:

Arcane Omniscience

- Counterspell (sorcery)
- Graduate (enlightenment)

Sylvan:

Nature's Luck

- Elven Luck (luck)
- Know Your Enemy (enlightenment)

Fortress:

Absolute Protection

- Preparation (defense)
- Sap Magic (destructive magic)

Stronghold:

Absolute Rage

- Retribution (attack)
[/pre]

I'll see if I can get it up on the CelestialHeavens mod page (https://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=527)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: changes to skill requirements for ultimate skills

Unread postby Pol » 11 Jan 2021, 21:48

"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”