Your ideas for new Artifact Combinations

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
Artifact Combinations

Your ideas for new Artifact Combinations

Unread postby Artifact Combinations » 07 Jan 2006, 22:43

I think Equilibrius should add some new artifact combinations like those from "The Gathering Storms". Post your ideas about combination artifacts and what effect it should be when you have all of theme equiped here.

Here's one of my ideas:

1. St. Ranan's staff
2. Ankh of Life
3. Orb of Ressurection - hero with expert ressurection skill can ressurect fallen heroes after battle.

Hero wearing all of thiese artifacts can summon all fallen units (all at least most of theme) after battle.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 07 Jan 2006, 22:45

Ups! This guest am I. Why wasn't I loged in automactly when I came?!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Your ideas for new Artifact Combinations

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Jan 2006, 01:03

Artifact Combinations wrote:I think Equilibrius should add some new artifact combinations like those from "The Gathering Storms". Post your ideas about combination artifacts and what effect it should be when you have all of theme equiped here.

Here's one of my ideas:

1. St. Ranan's staff
2. Ankh of Life
3. Orb of Ressurection - hero with expert ressurection skill can ressurect fallen heroes after battle.

Hero wearing all of thiese artifacts can summon all fallen units (all at least most of theme) after battle.
Well all of them would mean that you wouldn't lose any creatures ever... Gaining +25% to Ressurection should be more than enough.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 08 Jan 2006, 14:03

I thought for artifact combination for each fraction:

CHAOS:

Grants all friedly targets with Cat Reflexes and Bloodlust:

DEATH:

Casts automatically Mass Curse, Mass Weakness & Mass Sorrow when combat starts

LIFE:

Casts automatically Mass Bless and all Mass Wards when combat starts

NATURE:

Grants all friedly targets with Unlimite Retaliation skill and Snake Strike/ or Fortune/ or Giant Strength

ORDER:

??? I've got no idea

MIGHT:

Grants all friendly targets with Antimagic or just give them Immune to Magic skill

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2006, 15:33

To powerful.But,combining shield and armor of something should give some great effect.Maybe even one other artifact can be added.Example:shield of life+armor of life+angelic blade blesses the whole army and grants the hero with guarding angel and/or heavenly shield,or it could grant the hero the ability to cast guardian angel at half cost,even if he doesnt have the spell.For order this could be shield of order+armor of order+wand of ice bold grants all creatures immunity to cold spells and effects,and the hero can ignore wards when casting spells,or all of his spells could cost less,or he can cast hypnotize at half cost.

And I think there already is a combination of saint ranans staf,ankh of life and orb of ressurection.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 08 Jan 2006, 16:11

DaemianLucifer wrote:To powerful.But,combining shield and armor of something should give some great effect.Maybe even one other artifact can be added.Example:shield of life+armor of life+angelic blade blesses the whole army and grants the hero with guarding angel and/or heavenly shield,or it could grant the hero the ability to cast guardian angel at half cost,even if he doesnt have the spell.For order this could be shield of order+armor of order+wand of ice bold grants all creatures immunity to cold spells and effects,and the hero can ignore wards when casting spells,or all of his spells could cost less,or he can cast hypnotize at half cost.

And I think there already is a combination of saint ranans staf,ankh of life and orb of ressurection.
IMPOSSIBLE!! Orb of ressurection doesn't exist :P
There is combination og GM ressurection, ankh of life and St. ranans staff you get 100% ressurect.

Another idea:
1. Angel's Blade
2. Demonary
3. Laprecheun'r ring
4. Fireproof Boots.
5. Mages Robe
6. Spear of Centaur

Effect:
Theres no affection on morale if you have units of different aligment in this heroes army.

Trang Oul
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trang Oul » 08 Jan 2006, 19:18

Cornucopia - Crystal Figurine, Gem Casket, Flask of Mercury, Brazier of Sulfur
Gives 2 gems, crystals, mercury and sulfur each day

Armor of Undead King - Armor of Death, Shield of Death, Soul Stealer, Amulet of the Undertaker, Hideous Mask
Casts Mass Sorrow, Mass Curse, Mass Weakness, Mass Cancellation and Plague when battle begins.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2006, 20:17

Sauron wrote: IMPOSSIBLE!! Orb of ressurection doesn't exist :P
There is combination og GM ressurection, ankh of life and St. ranans staff you get 100% ressurect.
Ups,my bad.

How about maratheas mug+cards of prophecy+four leaf clover=negates morale penalty for mixing creatures.

Adamantine armor+adamantine shield+bull rune axe(is that the one that gives + 40% to attack?If its not,then its axe of legends,I always mix those two)=cast blood frenzy and celestial armor at the begining of the battle.

Boots of speed+equaestrians gloves+breeze the falcon+sextant=gives+25% to all scouting skills(increases speed,scouting radious and seamanship.If any of those skills doesnt exist,hero gets them as basic skills)

Arrows of slaying+flaming+stunning+spider silk gives hero 1 bonus ranged attack and infinite ammo.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 08 Jan 2006, 20:27

DaemianLucifer wrote: To powerful.But,combining shield and armor of something should give some great effect.
It is my idea, but with combination of new artifacts. I havent written about them as I haven't enough time to think about them.

For each fraction-combination would be at least 3 artifacts of their god:

ex. for chaos
(only for chaos alligned heroes, it means nature & death as well will have the bonus)

mass bloodlust & catreflex would be the bonus

- ***'s Sword, gives +10 Att and f.strike

- ***'s Shield/Armour, +10 def M/R + hydra health

-***' Helmet, haste, +7mana/day

Each one is not so powerful ,but together reveal the pure Chaos power of their God (***). Just to think about the religions.

In my previous post are only special effects, have to think about order...

As for idea with combining the existing artifacts, it's not bad, but I like them as they're now :)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 09 Jan 2006, 13:08

Black Ghost wrote: In my previous post are only special effects, have to think about order...
Perhaps this would be good combination for order:

Artifacts:
1. Armor of Order (major)
2. Shield of Order (major)
3. Sword of Order - do 35% more damage to chaos aligned opponentsž
4. Mage's Robe (major)

Effect:
Casts mass blur, mass slow and mass precision. Also, ice bolt and magic fist damage of heroes with this artifacts is increased.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 11 Jan 2006, 21:17

Or as for order to disable the opp. from casting spells :)
Yeah It would be realy powerful, but probably might be overpowered as well.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 12 Jan 2006, 11:51

Black Ghost wrote:Or as for order to disable the opp. from casting spells :)
Yeah It would be realy powerful, but probably might be overpowered as well.
I think that would be better for Might as they HATE magic.

Combination could be:

Axe of Legends (major)
Medal of Honor (minor)
Unnatural Armor (major)
Unnatural Shield (major)

What do you think?

george137
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby george137 » 12 Jan 2006, 23:46

How about a major-minor artifact that give lightning resistant?
Since we have a sugestion about an item that allows you to cast mass spells how about one that disables the ability to cast mass spells?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 21 Jan 2006, 20:40

Here's an idea for Death:

1. Demonary (minor)
2. Amulet of fear (minor)
3. Armor of Death (major)
4. Soul Stealer (major)

Effect:
Casts plague, life drain, mass curse and mass sorrow.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 22 Jan 2006, 12:54

george137 wrote: How about a major-minor artifact that give lightning resistant?
I like that idea. :) Mabye give resistance to non-fire/ice damage spells like implosion, desintegrate ?
george137 wrote: Since we have a sugestion about an item that allows you to cast mass spells how about one that disables the ability to cast mass spells?
Orb of Lesser Inhibition?

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Rife » 23 Jan 2006, 16:22

I'd like to see this one:

Wearing the Mantle of Spell Turning, Mirror of Revenge, and the Witch's Ring grants all creatures Retribution, Magic Mirror and Pain Mirror.

Not overpowered, especially since the heroes don't get the bonus, and still a nasty surprise for any opposing army whether magic or might based.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 24 Jan 2006, 21:47

Retribution+ Pain mirrior is too much :what: , it shouldn't reflect too much dmg as your troops will be nearly indestructible 8| . Single pain miror is better than efreet fireshield :devious:

But as for the idea of Mass Magic Mirror combined with Mass Pain Mirror it's too powerful even for 3 Major artifacts. :nervous: Consider those for TGS which affect only heroes.

Your idea is to have:
-mass misfortune on all enemy units
-magic morror on all your creatures
-pain miror on all your creatures
-70% resistance for hero
-mana drain [nasty tactic against benefitial spells]

so the enemy would be automatically-> :rip:

Fortotten to add, that the take only your RING, NECK & SHOULDERS.
You have still place for ex. shield+%def, sword +%att, and another ring (Ring of Permamency which negates all Dispels)
As I said, too anihilating for any army

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 00:25

But having magic mirror to all creatures is an excelent idea.And this sounds like a right artifact combination for that.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 26 Jan 2006, 07:11

Mass Magic mirror would be great particularly vs. Order, Death & chaos. But both magical & phisical (pain mirror) reflection is too much.

There could be some combination maby which could grant all creatures with pain mirror, but not with both spells...

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jan 2006, 08:05

An artifact giving all creatures pain mirror needs to be a hard one to get.A really hard one.So heres my proposal:Adamantine shield+armor+helm of comand+sword of gods+robe of the guardian.Maybe even some ring could be added here(wizards ring,just as a joke :devil: )

Return to “Equilibris”