Problems with crash when splitting army

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Lappen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problems with crash when splitting army

Unread postby Lappen » 05 Dec 2006, 16:20

When I get monsters that want to join and I have all 7 slots full on the hero this happens.

I merge 2 stacks to get one slot free.
I try to drag and drop the monster stack that want to join to that slot – not working
I try to split one monster stack between the hero and the “garison” and when in the middle of that - Game crashes and the tell Microsoft about this problem box is showing up.

Have had the same error multiple times when playing the first campaign as haven on difficulty easy

Info
Heroes of Might and Magic V (European title)
Patch 1.1
Patch 1.4

No cheats, hacks or cracks

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Dec 2006, 17:53

You are not the first to experience it.I hope it will be fixed in future patches but it may not be present in HoF for all I know.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 06 Dec 2006, 05:45

Ways arround this. If you have two stacks of the same creature, merge them but leave 1 in the 2nd stack. You can then exchange the creatures you want for the single unit. Painful I know, but only known way except saving before every encounter and loading when you find friendly creatures. As for the Garrison problem, I don't have a clue about that, unless you can do the split in your own army and just leave one stack.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

Blaze85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Blaze85 » 06 Dec 2006, 10:02

Or you attack with a free slot. If they don't join, you can still split your stack right before the battle in the tactical phase.

Lappen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lappen » 06 Dec 2006, 20:24

Thanx for the answers, sucks that it is a known error that havent been fixed yet :(

Return to “Heroes V-VI”