The Cultist → The Ship

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Elkor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Elkor » 20 Nov 2006, 20:33

Hi!

I need some help at this map.I installed the 1.4patch and tring to do this map on easy and at the second week fifth day a big sylvan army come with upgradeed water elementals and treeant,i can't beat them,what can i do?

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 25 Nov 2006, 10:47

I did it on heroic in a minimum possible number of days, 7 or 8, I dont recall correctly. The best thing you personaly could do is to follow the road east to the first junction and get as many joins possible. Then go north and west to the underground entrance, then follow the road north to the Spectrals. I recommend you kill them, thus keeping your elves, it shouldnt be to hard, then go through the garrison. Once on ground level get the Cerberi to join and when you attack the town you should be more than capable to take it. I did by not taking a single join (didnt have time) and with pitiful stats (although I was able to summon cca 30 Fire Elementals) so you should manage.

Elkor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Elkor » 26 Nov 2006, 00:50

HMm i attack the spectrals and there are 33 dragon:(

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 27 Nov 2006, 07:10

Yes, but you have > than 100 elves. Just clone them and sorround them with other stacks, it is a piece of cake. If it's too hard for you try to get a good terrain formation so the Dragons cannot reach you.

Elkor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Elkor » 02 Dec 2006, 18:13

Sorry,but from where?i get from the first master hunter and the second near the stone desposit.Where can i get more?Wich are join to my army?

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 04 Dec 2006, 09:52

If you have Diplomacy you have a pretty good chance that each of the stacks can join you. If you (probably) don't, just restart until you get that join or two. I know that all the way back when I was playing the campaign the 1st time I was joined by Unicorns and one Hunter group. But still, the Dragons really shouldn't be a threat. What are your stats/skills/spells?

Elkor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Elkor » 04 Dec 2006, 13:32

Expert:Gating,attack,logistic,luck,defense

Attack:9

Defense:2

spellpower:4

luck:3

Sorry have you got msn messenger?

Elkor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Elkor » 04 Dec 2006, 13:42

Expert:gating,attack,luck,defense,logistic

Have you got MSN messenger?

Rainalkar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Rainalkar » 05 Dec 2006, 10:06

Sorry no, I could install it but I am not anywhere near my pc now. I don't know how you played the previous missions, but if you didn't rush you could have gotten some very good spells on mission 3. If you didn't I hope you did take Phantom Forces on mission 2? It should be quite enough (if you have enough mana).

Personaly, I played this campaign during my rush attempt (http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=4), but if you just played normaly then you should be level 24 or so which is fairly high and your hero should be rather powerful. You can't possibly have only those skills because that is only hero level 14 and you are certainly much higher than that, so I guess you didn't mention the abilites (at least) you got.

Your skills also are really not top of the notch. Dark/Light would suit you very nice, as would War Machines on this particular mission (and on mission 5, if you are willing to make a trip to buy the machines). Attack and Defense are decent skills but aren't really the best choice for this campaign.

Don't know, really. If you are really having that much of a problem there is a walkthrough here https://www.celestialheavens.com/539. If you just follow the instructions you shouldn't have any problems (I didn't when I tested it on heroic). If it's still hard for you, try to get the Archdevils to join you (located on ground level somewhere in the middle but a bit up and right). Hear you

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby archcorenth » 14 Feb 2007, 05:11

That's wierd that you say you didn't find the use for the blue keymaster tent as I'm looking at this walkthough because I never found the use for the green keymaster tent and was wondering if I missed anything.

For my way through the map I used all sylvan troups except for devils and pit lords. I found it made the map very simple as you could always easily summon creatures from a slyvan town, whereas there were less place to summon from the inferno town. Considering the last mission, I wish I had cause for inferno troups in the inferno mission.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Grail Quest » 27 Jul 2007, 14:53

The Blue Border Guard is somewhere in the NW and just opens up neutral stacks and treasure. The Green Border Guard is behind the Green Garrisons, and far East of Erewel; it has a Vault of the Mages.

A surprisingly straightforward mission, even on Heroic! Strange after The Conquest, but oh well.

Maybe Diplomacy helped, but the initial joins made the troop desertion almost a non-issue. I thought the cut-scene meant a one-time troop loss; taking off 2 units per stack (from stacks of 6+ only) was not visible until I happened to open the console and see the reports.

Took the three sylvan towns once I noticed Erewel wasn't going to do anything other than sit there and accumulate troops. Got about a week's worth of reinforcements, then headed down. The Inferno town was almost fully built, except for 2 buildings (boosting Hell Charger and Overseer growth). Erasial had a sizable force, but having more than 100 Master Hunters and close to 100 Druids must have done the trick because auto combat did it without smashing my army. After that, I continued to build Sylvan forces and arranged for a sizable reserve force to accompany Agrael topside.

I recommend AGAINST doing the Shadow Dragon quest. For me, all it did was remove the Shadow Dragons and give about 13000 XP. "Failing" the task did not close off the path at all since I could kill all 33 of them without any troop losses. Lots less XP, but 100 Hunters are way more useful. And if you can muster 100 Hunters, your forces are probably sizable enough to handle the final encounter.

Basically blitzed it and finished on Month 2 Week 4 Day 7, which included a short side trip to a witch hut underground that improved my Leadership.

Lots of other permanent bonuses down there, though.
Edited on Fri, Jul 27 2007, 10:59 by Grail Quest

ghostspartan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby ghostspartan » 14 Mar 2008, 03:30

even on easy i have trouble finishing this mission.the AI keeps killing agreal be4 i can get my troops upgraded or enough to pwn the remaining sylvan heroes.

ghostspartan6
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby ghostspartan6 » 14 May 2008, 02:47

what a pain.when i capture the demon town after capturing the town just right of where agreal starts the misson,the game crahes.

koffil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby koffil » 17 May 2008, 12:38

19 level hero (Wyngaal) is a "low"?this hero took and slay most of the me thing that was on the above world. and more one come-in easy difficulty

and what about screenshot of the underground?

and how can I get avatar?!

sorry about the english, a.r koffil
Edited on Sat, May 17 2008, 08:48 by koffil

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 25 Sep 2008, 04:50

concerning the Dragon's Quest:

if you bring the Shadow Dragons 500 hunters instead of 100 they will also give you the Dragon Flame Tongue artifact (+2 attack, +2 defense, 50% protection from cold spells)

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Peredhil » 21 Jun 2009, 01:45

Quite easy.If Agrael don't go sideways, day 1- kill green hero S, day 2- took Sylvan town S, day 5 get Inferno,day 8 get NE town(through underground), day 13 get NW town.Only with Exp Logistics.The 2 main Green heroes are pathetic indeed.

Wystaan is lv 16 with skills at basic.

Heroic, 1.6
Edited on Sat, Jun 20 2009, 21:50 by Peredhil
Hard work is good for soul,but ale is better.

some_pete
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby some_pete » 27 Jun 2009, 16:04

Another mission where you need a bit of luck, I think. I had a very mighty green hero come through the caves with dragons and ents around week 4 and sweep the floor with Agrael. I had other green heroes come overland with a superior stack on the eastern side early. Last game, I decided to leave the sylvan city south for the time being, went straight for the subterranean city and took that easily (the inferno hero hadn't even left to take a single mine yet) and went back up to first take the southern city which was a tough fight and then I got lucky and caught the main green hero with no dragons and only some 10 ents and a few misc. troopies: a few meteor showers later I owned the map. No more resistance after that. Sheer luck I caught him at that time. Lots and lots of attribute improvement spots on this map. For some reason the tunnel dragons' quest didn't resolve even though Agrael had the 100 hunters in his army, so I killed them for a nice 10k XP. 31 shadow dragons ... the final fight was easy: I saved and did it twice actually, first with a lvl 20 elvish sidekick hero with 700 master hunters in 3 stacks, 76 elder druids +22 emerald dragons; second time with Agrael which was a bit messier but the gated units finally won the day. I just about fell off the chair when the AI's 18 dragons killed 248 cerberi on the first attack. Fortunately they had gated already.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 07 Oct 2012, 02:13

1) There is no harm in not doing the dragon sidequest. You can still explore the entire map and get all the stat boosters.

2) If you have a triple flaming ballista build, it's actually easier to take out all 3 Sylvan towns first, and THEN take the now nearly completely built Inferno town underground. Just keep on hiring more sylvan creatures, also some stacks of sylvan creatures will join you, which makes things much easier (I got over 100 master hunters just from neutral stacks joining me, and over 50 blade dancers)

Sunlover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby Sunlover » 04 Apr 2014, 00:48

There are many ways to solve this chapter, as have already been posted -- wanted to share mine as well since it's a little unique. :)

This was on Hard difficulty, vers. 1.06, Agrael had expert logistics, pathfinding, and an interesting 3 schools of magic (destructive, light and dark), and enlightenment. I am trying to run through all the scenarios once to max out each character's stats, and once for speed ignoring stats. This was the maxxing stats run...

I head up north as soon as I pick up the nearby Master Hunter's stack. Once you get past the initial Blade Dancers, there is a stack of Elder Druids just off to the west which all but assures your easy victory. The 1st week I (in general) collect all the chests for gold for building up castles, except near the castle on day 6/7. I head north after the Druids, then east (flagging the hunter cabin) - sometimes that stack of Master Hunters nearby will join you, sometimes they won't -- nudge south to take out the Blade Dancers there and the gold/chests, then head east, hit the Skill Tree, grab the sulfur mine and beat the Blade Dancers, absorb or fight the Druid stack, and end up close to the castle on day 7 of week 1. I've touched the nearby Master Hunters stack who always seems to join you but left the chests there. I capture Hallin and immediately head west to flag the wood resource, beat the Hunters and grab the gold/leave chests, then beat the Unicorns and flag the gold mine. From there I head directly east, of course developing the castle at every turn. I beat down the enemies, leave the chests but take the gold and flag the mines of course.

Instead of heading east into faerie country, I head towards the Ancient Treants. I hit the experience obelisk, go west to scare off the elves guarding the Observatory/spell power boost, and then head north. Flag the hunter tower, and then head north. Just north of there is a group of Blade Dancers that usually join -- and the reason for my course alteration, the Boots of the Swift Journey. If someone cares enough about their character to get Logistics and Pathfinding in the first place, I don't know why you would leave these here for the AI to inevitably pick up. It helps significantly!! :D

I head NE from there, tap the Skill Tree to see if it'll give me any bonus abilities, scare off or defeat or absorb the Master Hunters guarding the Hill Fort. Promote anything that needs promoting, then head NW and W from there, beating down the Ancient Treants for resources and gold (leaving the chests), head SW then NW, beating the Silver Unicorns for the Crystal Ice shield, head SE from there taking out the Treants and the Unicorns for resources and gold, head NW and touch the blue tent, take out the last batch of Unicorns, head NW and W down the river, touching the water mill and coming out near the Blade Dancers guarding the horrible 250/day sack of gold. From there, I head a little S and then W to the SW stairwell to obliterate the Orange forces in a matter of a few days. I headed down on Day 7 Week 3 Month 1. By this time I'd developed the Elven town Hallin to have at least base level creature generators in every way except Dragons.

The advantages to trying things this way are:

1) Boots of the Swift Journey, of course

2) By leaving all the chests behind, you are setting things up for your drafted (hopefully) Elven hero to head up from Ur-Nebyzrias, pick up those chests, and power-level them up to about level 10-12 or so.

3) the Crystal Ice +2 defense shield

4) the Hunter cabins you flagged and left behind will greatly boost your Elven hero's ranged damage, especially if they hit the Hill Fort later or promote them in the city.

I did try a few times to head NE from the Hill Fort and take the NE town. That would ensure you have a significant boost in surface castles/ armies and ensure no AI green army comes along to take your leftover level-seeding chests. However, after troop attrition, your army has dwindled down pretty significantly. even if you pick up the Hunters from the Hunter cabin you flagged 3 weeks ago (for a total of 21), your army simply gets overwhelmed by Erasial and his legion. Unfortunate.

Going around the map trying to hit every stats booster definitely takes some time and intricate criss-crossing (even with Town Portal), but I ended up with (starting with a level 22 Agrael) level 28, 26 Att/12 Def/21 Spellpower/23 Knowledge and 345 Mana. My elven hero was pretty exceptional as well, especially with her 31 Defense.

For fun, and to give the AI a (small) fighting chance, I attacked the final castle with a mixed army: 376 Sprites, 262 Master Hunters, 41 Ancient Treants, 107 Druid Elders, 112 Cerberi, 48 Pit Lords and 17 Arch Devils. I did have the inevitable morale failures occur at times which made it amusing. I came out from the battle with 16 Sprites, 260 Master Hunters, 40 Druid Elders, 28 Pit Lords, 34 Ancient Treants, gained a total of 55000+ XP (which I didn't need by then). I laughably picked up Implosion in the final battle afterwards.

One final note, you can be the judge of whether it helps you enough to go for it or not: it might help earlier rather than later but to each their own - the Blue Gate opens to treasure as others have mentioned certainly, but it also leads to a 4-Leaf Clover, the Help of Dwarven Kings (+4 knowledge), and (after some Green Dragons), the Dragon Scale Shield (+3 defense and 5% initiative). [I figure after 8 years it's ok to post the specific bonuses found here ;) ]
Edited on Thu, Apr 03 2014, 21:16 by Sunlover

LunaticFringe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: The Cultist → The Ship

Unread postby LunaticFringe » 17 Sep 2021, 17:30

Green is OBSESSED with me. I can't leave my Infernal town for two seconds before one of those mofos comes after it. UGH!!!!

Return to “Articles”