First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 19 Nov 2006, 22:34

That looks like a German BF109 fighter plane

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 19 Nov 2006, 22:53

I don't see why it should be problematic for anyone that they inserted a plane into a map as a easter egg or whatever. Maybe it's just something that you don't get? If I had to guess I would have to wonder whether the tank and the plane models were simply ripped from another of Nival's games, perhaps Silent Storm?? I thought I read that Heroes 5 used a modified SS engine?

Anyhow, it's funny how easily some people on here get their own panties in a bunch. Your mothers should go buy all you crybabies some pampers because the impression that you give is that trolling is about all you are good for.
Edited on Sun, Nov 19 2006, 19:16 by Shad0WeN

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Nov 2006, 23:14

Shad0WeN wrote:I don't see why it should be problematic for anyone that they inserted a plane into a map as a easter egg or whatever. Maybe it's just something that you don't get? If I had to guess I would have to wonder whether the tank and the plane models were possibly ripped from another of Nival's games, perhaps Silent Storm?? I thought I read that Heroes 5 used a modified SS engine?
I get the easter egg.What I dont get is:Only one hero model for every faction because theres no time;enought,and similar things,in multiple patches because theres no time;no caravans in expansion because theres no time;yet there is plenty of time to put in crappy easter eggs.
Shad0WeN wrote: Anyhow, it's funny how easily some people on here get their own panties in a bunch. Your mothers should go buy all you crybabies some pampers because the impression that you give is that trolling is about all you are good for.
Edited on Sun, Nov 19 2006, 15:55 by Shad0WeN
Says he in such a constructive maner.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 19 Nov 2006, 23:28

DL, have you ever tried making a def for h3wog? then you should know how easy it is to do 1 frame, but how hard it is to make a fluent animation. for 20 such easter eggs time, you could get maybe 1 fully made hero model. but considering there are just 2 easter machines so far, i guess homm couldnt have been improved much with the time nival would have had got to spend in some other way.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby asandir » 20 Nov 2006, 00:24

Is this kind of thing the bonus we get in repayment for the bugs and the excellent support Nival provide, or even in compensation for the marvelous paperdoll?

Nival, hear this, spend less time on frivolities and more time coding something reasonable!
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby Elvin » 20 Nov 2006, 01:16

I don't know,WW2 machines in Ashan tells me of poor taste and badly conceived imagination.Then again I've had hints from other things...
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

djaydjay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby djaydjay » 20 Nov 2006, 10:36

I really don't get all the complaints upon this simple model.

I need to test the graphics. I go ask the graphist, can you give me a tremendous model of a dwarf with fire effects in 5 minutes ? Of course, the artist will tell, give me two secs just to get you out of my desk. Then, I waste time with nothing to do since the artist will give me the model in two weeks. Then my boss arrives the next day. What have you done with the graphics engine ? Nothing, I am still waiting for the final model to be achieved. And then the project is late. Time wasted -> 2 weeks.

Or, I take the engine of a last project (say silent storm) and test the modified engine with an older model of a tank. Time wasted -> none.

And then include a bit of "humour" in any map (time wasted -> 2 seconds).

We can discuss the sense of humour of the devs, but i really don't get the trolling attitude of some people in the forum.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 20 Nov 2006, 10:50

Who knows, maybe the plane came to Ashan through a plot hole :D

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Nov 2006, 11:45

vhilhu wrote:DL, have you ever tried making a def for h3wog? then you should know how easy it is to do 1 frame, but how hard it is to make a fluent animation. for 20 such easter eggs time, you could get maybe 1 fully made hero model. but considering there are just 2 easter machines so far, i guess homm couldnt have been improved much with the time nival would have had got to spend in some other way.
I know how it differs,especially if you already have a model somwhere in the archive.However,thinking of an easter egg usually means that you had nothing better to do with your spare time,and they were complaining how they had not just no spare time at all,but not enough time as well.

Vokial
Pixie
Pixie

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby Vokial » 20 Nov 2006, 13:16

Haha Call of Duty + Heroes 5 HoF = Hitler in Ashan :P

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby Marzhin » 20 Nov 2006, 16:23

They should have made a crashed spaceship instead of a WW2 plane. That would have been quite useful in my maps taking place in the old MM universe :P
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Nov 2006, 16:45

Just like the Kilrathi ship (from Wing Commander) in one of the Ultimas (6 or 7 I think).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Nov 2006, 17:47

Well we could always pretend that the Ancients ships looked like WW2 warmachines. Just aks L.Ron and Tom. :devil:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 20 Nov 2006, 17:48

But nival never made something in space,so including such a thing would make no sense for them to do.

Leprechaun
Leprechaun

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby 1979 » 20 Nov 2006, 19:37

Don't get me wrong, I like easter eggs in games, but I like funny or interesting ones. This one is just kind of... there.

SAITAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby SAITAN » 21 Nov 2006, 00:38

a plane and how do you beat the agreal mission the 3 and agreal is no demon but a warlock dinosaur+staff+casts spells+hatesdemons=warlock

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 21 Nov 2006, 08:13

Yep this is true, however he did have the skill set when he was with inferno. Anyhow, I have to agree that it is not very interesting.
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

SAITAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby SAITAN » 21 Nov 2006, 14:32

where do you get the game

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

First a Tank, Then...

Unread postby Crusard » 21 Nov 2006, 15:20

A plane is just boring. Even an UFO would have been funner!
==============
I still don't get that stupid WoG puzzle.

Return to “Screenshots”