Buglist

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 10 Mar 2006, 23:35

The only problem I have encountered is that the campaigns no longer play their movies... I only see the text and don't hear anything when I start :| seems like i'm the only one and just was unlucky since noone else has had problems with that one :ill:

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 11 Mar 2006, 14:17

Justice wrote:The only problem I have encountered is that the campaigns no longer play their movies... I only see the text and don't hear anything when I start :| seems like i'm the only one and just was unlucky since noone else has had problems with that one :ill:
Did you install the full videoes? IIRC, you need them in addition to the main WoG pack? That adds the campaign intro videos- but it is an additional 40MB. In an effort to accomodate people with slow connections, these were separated from the main WoG installation, as it does not have an effect on playability.

Of course, if you don't want to WoGify a campaign (and you will have unpredictable results if you do!), you can always run them from the SoD executable instead (though this will require you put the CD in the drive, if you do not have a no-CD patch installed)

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 11 Mar 2006, 15:56

I did take both the videos and additional battlefields and have installed them... I'll survive without the videos though. It was just if anyone knew what was wronge and to confirm I was the only one who was unlucky with that. As you say, I can just put the CD in and play the normal mode if I am desperate to see them :S

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 12 Mar 2006, 05:30

Justice wrote:I did take both the videos and additional battlefields and have installed them... I'll survive without the videos though. It was just if anyone knew what was wronge and to confirm I was the only one who was unlucky with that. As you say, I can just put the CD in and play the normal mode if I am desperate to see them :S
Did you try putting the CD in the drive while playing them using WoG? I'm not certain if it works but I suspect that you may need the CD in anyway if it does.
- Fnord

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 12 Apr 2006, 17:32

When on magic plains with a hero with enhanced luck(30% chance to give fortune up to three stacks) in battle the luck bonus apllies to ALL enemy units and not to a single one of my units.

Tessera
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tessera » 13 Jun 2006, 22:19

Here's one for you...

I have the most current version of WoG installed. I can start games just fine, and play them as long as I want. However, when I try to load a saved game, it crashes, every single time. Looks like a C++ error from what I'm reading. Lists the command line for the executable, then under it says "abnormal program termination" and goes to desktop. I've tried it with five saved games now, and every one of them has crashed on loading, without fail.

L_Devil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby L_Devil » 07 Sep 2006, 11:32

Bug in "hour-glass of devlish hour" artifact (I have polish version and I'm not sure about translation) - I had summoned great demon, to fight as my hero, and after the fight, he said that my soul is not worth anything to him, he would leave but with small gift... then, three devils attack me. But now I can select "I want to summon demon" - So i summon him again and defeated devils... and all things started again! Again he says that my soul is not worth anything to him, again he tryies to attack me, and again I can use him to repel devils... and again

And next bug (but I spotted it in SoD, before I used WoG):
On cused land, where I'm not able to cast spells, my enemy should not cast as well... but he does do.
Raise the flag of piracy, sing the song of victory
Glorious in battle are we
We've never known defeat, we never will retreat.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 07 Sep 2006, 17:47

L_Devil wrote:Bug in "hour-glass of devlish hour" artifact (I have polish version and I'm not sure about translation) - I had summoned great demon, to fight as my hero, and after the fight, he said that my soul is not worth anything to him, he would leave but with small gift... then, three devils attack me. But now I can select "I want to summon demon" - So i summon him again and defeated devils... and all things started again! Again he says that my soul is not worth anything to him, again he tryies to attack me, and again I can use him to repel devils... and again
That shouldn't occur. Are you able to reproduce this bug or did it just happen the one time?
L_Devil wrote: And next bug (but I spotted it in SoD, before I used WoG):
On cused land, where I'm not able to cast spells, my enemy should not cast as well... but he does do.
You know you can cast level 1 spells on Cursed Land, right?
- Fnord

L_Devil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby L_Devil » 09 Sep 2006, 11:13

That shouldn't occur. Are you able to reproduce this bug or did it just happen the one time?
Oh, suprise... It happened one time. I can't reproduce bug on other map
Oh... I didn't know. If so, sorry, this isn't bug ;)

But now I had a new bug:

When "Give artifact each level to hero" is on, and the map goal is to capture artifact - there is chance that you will recive it by this ERM script. (it's very big bug, if you need to capture low-level artifact). For example I needed to capture ring of life, there is a chance that my hero will get it on the some level (third in my case - so, after finding three treasure chests I won scenario :/ )

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 09 Sep 2006, 18:14

L_Devil wrote:
Oh, suprise... It happened one time. I can't reproduce bug on other map
Okay, if it occurs again, try loading the autosave and see if it reproduces and if so, send me the autosave.
Oh... I didn't know. If so, sorry, this isn't bug ;)
[/quote]

Right. It was changed in one of the official patches I believe.
But now I had a new bug:

When "Give artifact each level to hero" is on, and the map goal is to capture artifact - there is chance that you will recive it by this ERM script. (it's very big bug, if you need to capture low-level artifact). For example I needed to capture ring of life, there is a chance that my hero will get it on the some level (third in my case - so, after finding three treasure chests I won scenario :/ )
It is a bug I guess, but we have no ERM scripting method of checking the special victory conditions yet, so at the present time there's no way to correct this.
- Fnord

Boooster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Boooster » 07 Oct 2006, 00:14

Just a quick bug... My vamp lord henchmen seem to die everytime they take damage. Tried this on Deception Pass, and kept dying (even after taking 4 damage). is this a known bug?

EDIT: It appears that when the vampire lords attack a living creature (that it can drain life from) their health drops to 0 (but only when they reach lvl 2+), so the next attack no matter how low in damage will kill it. Anyone have any ideas for a workaround? I think vamp lord henchmen would be extremely useful and would like them to function properly.

L_Devil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby L_Devil » 08 Oct 2006, 13:29

Shooting towers makes full damadge on creature, that block their attack
for example:

I had a dracholiche, which was skill 20% chance for block damadge. It taked shot from a main shooting tower during siege of city, block it and get full 120 dmg. After that two next towers shots. He did not block any of this and he get about 100 dmg from each. Strange?

Arkas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arkas » 06 Nov 2006, 01:55

Enhanced Commander Artifacts can give their secondary skill to the Hero permanently. And it seems to break secondary skills (or maybe they are already broken, I'm not sure I'm relatively new to WOG).

1. Take a hero with 8 skills, (or 10 if you have them turned on)
2. Equip a Commander artifact for a skill you don't already have.
3. Level up, if the commander artifact skill comes up as a possibility, choose it.
4. Remove Commander artifact, skill remains, one level lower (from advanced to basic, if it hit expert, you get to keep it at expert).
5. Go after the next commander artifact for a skill you don't have.

My Hero had 16 skills at Expert. A force to be reckoned with :)

Now to the weirdness:

1. Resistance skill (gained from one of the commander artifacts) worked for a long time, then it stopped working for a week or so, then it started working again.

2. First Aid (Not gained from commander artifacts) Tent Stopped working for a while as well, troops all F***'d up and the Tent skipped it's turn in combat on several occasions.

3. Tent locked up a couple times, hard freeze had to shut down. This occurred when the enemy was among my ranks on the left hand side of the screen within melee distance. Tent gets the turn and while moving the cursor up towards my troops, if the cursor touches the enemy -> Freeze.

I'm not sure if these issues are related to having 16 secondary skills that otherwise work great, or if they are tied to certain scripts or other problems, etc... I do have all enhanced artifact/secondary skill scripts ON.

EDIT: Also related, is that the 9th and 10th secret skills are no longer available when you level up if you use the "trick" above or any option that grants you extra skills (enhanced War machines).

For example, if you have 7 skills, and as the 8th skill you choose one of the War Machine skills (with the enhanced options) and you are granted the other two War Machine skills, those two skills will count as your 9th and 10th skills, and you will not be given the option to choose any further skills during level ups. It's really kind of a balancing factor though IMO. Just thought I would mention it anyway.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 09 Nov 2006, 09:23

PyroDrew wrote:*Garrisons retain creature growth even after the human conquers them sometimes. I don't mind the AI unknowningly using garrisons to grow their creatures, but a human can easily abuse this by placing 7 dragons in a garrison at the end of the week & the next day have 14 dragons. I believe this is caused by:
1>AI conquers neutral garrison
2>AI leaves garrison empty
3>Human conquers empty AI garrison (no battle = garrison retains growth rate)
4>Profit
Yes, I see the problem. I think I've fixed it. Would you able to test this if I send you the corrected script?

¤The level 8 dwellings become visible on the map when the AI flags them.
This doesn't happen to me. However, sometimes when an AI or human conquers an underground anti-magic garrison a small area on the surface directly above is revealed. Not a big deal.[/quote]

Strange. I'm not too sure what would cause this.
- Fnord

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 09 Nov 2006, 11:04

This doesn't happen to me. However, sometimes when an AI or human conquers an underground anti-magic garrison a small area on the surface directly above is revealed. Not a big deal.[/quote]

Strange. I'm not too sure what would cause this.[/quote]

This happens to me too... I thought it was supposed to happen so we knew if the enemy had level 8 creatures...

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 09 Nov 2006, 17:22

EDN wrote:
This doesn't happen to me. However, sometimes when an AI or human conquers an underground anti-magic garrison a small area on the surface directly above is revealed. Not a big deal.
Strange. I'm not too sure what would cause this.
This happens to me too... I thought it was supposed to happen so we knew if the enemy had level 8 creatures...
Yes, it is supposed to happen for the level 8 dwellings. I don't know what would be causing it for the anti-magic garrisons though.
- Fnord

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 12 Nov 2006, 22:25

3.58f patch will not load the game now.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 12 Nov 2006, 22:34

Ummm, nevermind. I'm making myself confused now.

Tessera
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tessera » 08 Dec 2006, 15:44

Tessera wrote:Here's one for you...

I have the most current version of WoG installed. I can start games just fine, and play them as long as I want. However, when I try to load a saved game, it crashes, every single time. Looks like a C++ error from what I'm reading. Lists the command line for the executable, then under it says "abnormal program termination" and goes to desktop. I've tried it with five saved games now, and every one of them has crashed on loading, without fail.
Five months and no reply?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 08 Dec 2006, 16:15

Ups, I forgot that this thread still exists, till today.

Anyway to your reply Tessera. This can be caused by many things, first, sometimes help to do again new install of HommIII. with WoG over, when this is not the case here will be library conflict out of WoG. First candidates, coming to mind, are graphics and other drivers, reinstalling DirectX also cannot hurt. Experts say, that disabling some of advanced function in graphics driver can help too.

It's depend on many things, so I may also toss into the defragmentation of hdd. For future examination we will need to know more things like: Applied patches? Your graphics card? Windows version? If that was ever working on your computer, running applications and such..... details. ;)
Bug in "hour-glass of devlish hour"
:D
Hourglass of the Evil Hour
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Wake of Gods”