Search found 129 matches

by AngelEyes
26 Jul 2007, 19:50
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: combat skills
Replies: 4
Views: 2066

Re: combat skills

I usually use auto-combat when I the heroes games. That's usually not a good idea, as you will often lose mana and a few troops even in battles that should be a cake walk (flyers are especially vulnerable to this). These small losses can add up in close games. When you go to fight that tough hero a...
by AngelEyes
26 Jul 2007, 14:34
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: The price of loyalty campaign: final map
Replies: 16
Views: 5737

Ok, finally found my PoL CD and dug up some of my saved games so I could replay this mission. The first time through I got crushed. Red had Dimension Door and ambushed me while I was conquering the swamp area. He had about 350 Bone Dragons while I only had 20 Titans. I really had no chance here. So ...
by AngelEyes
23 Jul 2007, 17:09
Topic: The price of loyalty campaign: final map
Replies: 16
Views: 5737

It's true that having the Battle Garb of Anduran really helps out this mission (then again, what mission wouldn't it really help?). But, if I remember correctly, to get the final piece of the Battle Garb, you have to beat a very difficult, optional mission first. I really have to find my PoL CD so I...
by AngelEyes
16 Jul 2007, 14:40
Topic: Heroes 2 under XP
Replies: 15
Views: 5423

Funny this topic should come up, since I recently reinstalled Heroes 2 (Original, not Gold) on my XP machine for nostalgia. Anyways, it installed fine and I was able to play no problem in Win 95 compatibility mode. However, when I installed the 1.3 patch, the game started crashing constantly after l...
by AngelEyes
29 Jun 2007, 21:26
Topic: Custom Maps question
Replies: 25
Views: 5472

Thanks for that information. So for HoF there are tow autoexec_a1.cfg files; one in the H5 directory and the other in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V\Profiles directory. Should both of these be changed? I only altered the c:\<Heroes5 Install>\Pr...
by AngelEyes
29 Jun 2007, 15:36
Topic: Custom Maps question
Replies: 25
Views: 5472

2, Open the file autoexec.cfg situated at: c:\program files\ubisoft\Heroes of might and magic 5\Profiles\ 3, Add setvar ai_time_limit = 18000 to the end of the file Once I did those steps above (mentioned in the tweaking link), the AI turn time went down drastically. The game is much more playable ...
by AngelEyes
04 Jun 2007, 17:27
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: God of War II
Replies: 36
Views: 8506

Good job, stefan.urlus. I'm very far into the game right now, with most weapons and upgrades. I'm playing in Titan mode, which is considerably harder than Normal mode from GoW1 (especially some of the bosses). Good fun though.
by AngelEyes
23 Apr 2007, 17:03
Topic: Okami
Replies: 1
Views: 1960

Agreed 100%. Has a lot of unique elements, notably the brush system and the cell-shaded graphics as mentioned above. This really is a special game that shouldn't be missed.
by AngelEyes
09 Apr 2007, 19:26
Forum: News
Topic: Performance Tweaking Utility
Replies: 26
Views: 9294

Wow, so the default max AI turn length is roughly 60 seconds? No wonder the turns take so long sometimes! Especially when playing against 4-5 AIs.

I’ll have to give this utility a shot and see if it makes any difference.
by AngelEyes
05 Apr 2007, 15:13
Topic: Unfair Hostility to Heroes 5 and Nival >.<
Replies: 135
Views: 26560

as I stated above though, the gamebreaker for me is the AI turns, I don't want to play a game where the opponents turns take significant time .... and some of the turns can take minutes to complete - Not Good! Agreed completely. While I like the game a lot and think it has a lot of good things goin...
by AngelEyes
31 Mar 2007, 13:19

OK, beat GoW1 last night...fantastic game! :-D The upgraded Hades magic just totally mowed down the baddies in some spots; I don't think I could have won with out it! The only question I have is what was I supposed to do with those Muse keys I found? I'll eventually give it another go-around and may...
by AngelEyes
27 Mar 2007, 12:53

Well, after playing through GoW1 now for a while (I’m at the temple on top of the Titan), I can really appreciate the great things people say about this game. It has a very epic feel to it, fun combat, and some interesting puzzle sequences. Looking forward to playing the rest of this and moving on t...
by AngelEyes
21 Mar 2007, 15:50

stefan.urlus wrote:good work angeleyes ... whaddya think of GoWI?
So far, so good. I'll have more time to play tomorrow night...
by AngelEyes
20 Mar 2007, 16:37

dallasmavs41 wrote:After beating GoW2, it just continues in how good the first game was.
Excellent. I just borrowed my friends' copy of GoW1 and am playing it now. GoW2 should be arriving today. :D
by AngelEyes
14 Mar 2007, 17:32
Topic: Black Dragon spell immunity
Replies: 17
Views: 5521

This basically means no dragogeddon strategies or attacking with the dragons and casting aoe to hit those who surround it. I really wish they'd change this. I think the Warlock's racial ability is kinda 'meh' to begin with, but taking away the black dragon/Armageddon tactic just doesn't sit well wi...
by AngelEyes
14 Mar 2007, 17:26

I've only played the 1st one briefly. I keep meaning to borrow my friend's copy of GoW1, but never seem to get around to it. I'll definately have to get my hands on it before GoW2 arrives in the mail!
by AngelEyes
13 Mar 2007, 18:31

I just ordered my copy today. The reviews and user comments look very promising so far. Hopefully this translates into an excellent game...
by AngelEyes
07 Mar 2007, 15:17

Very much so. Seems like there a lot of good, late-generation PS2 games out there and GoW2 should be one of them.
by AngelEyes
07 Mar 2007, 15:16
Topic: The Amphibian Race
Replies: 23
Views: 9716

Clearly a lot of time went into this. Sounds like a very interesting concept.
by AngelEyes
13 Feb 2007, 13:56
Topic: Necro balancing after 2.1 changes
Replies: 5
Views: 2496

I think I remember once coming across an Amulet of Necromancy artifact (or something like that...) once in the game that raised the raised %. Did this artifact change along with the skill?

Go to advanced search