Search found 129 matches

by AngelEyes
04 Nov 2007, 05:00
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM II: Best level 5 creature
Replies: 34
Views: 9925

Went with War Trolls. I like their ranged ability and they're particularly nasty led by their native Barbarian hero.

Honourable mention goes to the Champions due to their superior speed.
by AngelEyes
31 Oct 2007, 12:56
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Mass Effect
Replies: 174
Views: 154568

This looks good, but until it comes to the PC, I'll have to sit and wait. :(
by AngelEyes
23 Oct 2007, 15:47
Topic: Download my own personal H3 patch! (SoD or Complete)
Replies: 25
Views: 10015

How did you feel about the "mass spells" cost increase once you learn Expert of a magic school? I did notice there were some mana cost changes. However, it took my hero a long time (for some reason) to reach Expert level in any field of magic. By the time I got Expert, I already had a Kno...
by AngelEyes
18 Oct 2007, 19:34
Topic: Download my own personal H3 patch! (SoD or Complete)
Replies: 25
Views: 10015

I played through a map using this patch and I’ll offer these comments about the patch: 1) I played as Inferno. Reducing the gold costs on a lot of the units is a very good idea. They were ridiculously overpriced before. The stat changes to the creatures were too subtle for me to notice. I always fel...
by AngelEyes
18 Oct 2007, 13:47
Topic: UT III
Replies: 45
Views: 9228

I was into UT99 big time. Played in a clan and with my college buddies, etc all the time. IMO, it was the greatest multiplayer FPS ever made. Unfortunately, I found the last two sequels disappointing. I'm willing to give this a shot though. I just downloaded the demo last night and I'll give it a tr...
by AngelEyes
18 Oct 2007, 13:41
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The first TotE review...
Replies: 12
Views: 4001

I think sometimes these reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. I've read that game reviewers are usually under tight deadlines and have to review a lot of games per week. My guess is this guy only played it a couple of hours - tops - before moving on to his next review. NOTE: I haven't playe...
by AngelEyes
06 Oct 2007, 17:40
Topic: Battle for Wesnoth
Replies: 16
Views: 5400

I just started playing this, asandir. Playing through the Rise of Wesnoth campaign right now. Man, it really sucks when I lose one of my carefully leveled up creatures!

Anyways, its enjoyable to play overall.
by AngelEyes
06 Oct 2007, 17:38
Topic: HoMM II: Best level 1 creature
Replies: 24
Views: 5502

Halflings get the vote for me. Skeletons are a conditional #1 pick, provided you have necromancy + large stacks of peasants to slaughter.
by AngelEyes
06 Oct 2007, 17:35
Topic: What was the Forge incident?
Replies: 122
Views: 47872

I admit I was anti-Forge at first. Like some others here, I had only previous experience with the Might and Magic universe was Heroes 2. So, to me, the Forge felt very unnatural. However, looking back years later, I do kinda wish they had gone ahead with the Forge. I never really liked the Conflux a...
by AngelEyes
04 Oct 2007, 14:21
Topic: Best theme in Heroes III?
Replies: 30
Views: 11112

I loved the Inferno theme. I thought it fit those demonic nasties just perfectly.
by AngelEyes
02 Oct 2007, 15:36
Topic: Best theme in Heroes II?
Replies: 19
Views: 5619

Sorceress hands down. Honorable mention goes to the Knight and Warlock themes.
by AngelEyes
28 Sep 2007, 14:05
Forum: News
Topic: Version 3.0 Skill Wheel
Replies: 21
Views: 14538

This is really nicely done (As always!).
by AngelEyes
21 Sep 2007, 12:06
Topic: God of War II
Replies: 36
Views: 8620

I've been playing on and off too. Seems I get sucked into some other game just as I start to make progress in GoW2. That being said, this is def one of the best game I've played on the PS2 (along w/ GoW1).
by AngelEyes
18 Sep 2007, 13:19
Topic: Nice free games (ADOM, TR, SRO)
Replies: 17
Views: 8614

I played the Ur-Quan Masters at work a few months ago, did the whole game from memory, was ace! and just downloaded the Battle for Wesnoth .... very cool!!! That's pretty good beating it again from memory...there's a lot of locations and quests to remember! (Not to mention you have to be pretty goo...
by AngelEyes
17 Sep 2007, 21:45
Topic: Nice free games (ADOM, TR, SRO)
Replies: 17
Views: 8614

I would like to add The Ur-Quan Masters (http://sc2.sourceforge.net/) to the list, a Star Control 2 port. The latest version allows you to play on-line SuperMelee! vs your friends, which is a ton of fun!
by AngelEyes
28 Aug 2007, 22:45
Topic: You knew it was coming... favorite Heroes game
Replies: 59
Views: 14318

H2...it just had that special 'magic' to it. Superb game.
by AngelEyes
20 Aug 2007, 15:58
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod
Replies: 309
Views: 255837

PhoenixReborn wrote: Edit: According to this chart the warlock has a chance to learn necromancy. I don't remember that ever happening.
It happens, but its not common. Warlock is the only hero that can get Leadership and Necromancy.
by AngelEyes
10 Aug 2007, 13:33
Forum: News
Topic: EA Gains Ground Over Ubisoft
Replies: 26
Views: 7763

Re: EA Gains Ground Over Ubisoft

The only really costumer and independent giants I love out there gotta be Lionhead and Bungie, they do it great! They could kick Nival, Ubi and EA ass anytime. Bungie used to be independent. Unfortunately, they are now under the yoke of Microsoft, and seem to only focus on making Halo games (I want...
by AngelEyes
08 Aug 2007, 11:29

PhoenixReborn wrote:Seriously you guys ought to play each other, and stop doing a theoretical wrangle. I'd be very curious as to resutls.
I agree! I want to see what happens here! Although, it's going to be very important as to what map they play.
by AngelEyes
05 Aug 2007, 03:13

Of course 1 week's troops worth of Warlock's or Wizard's troops would beat one week's worth of Knight's or Barbarian's troops. But that's an extraordinarily naive analysis. Knight and Barbarian are the rush factions; Wizard and Warlock are the late-game factions. A Knight or Barbarian player will n...

Go to advanced search