Search found 129 matches

by AngelEyes
29 May 2008, 17:35
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Demoniac
Replies: 31
Views: 13977

I voted Marius, just because of the Inferno's penchant for racking up large numbers of demons. It takes a little planning, but those pit lords can really start swelling your demon ranks, and Marius' specialty can really make this ability shine. On a side note, I agree that the Inferno heroes -- espe...
by AngelEyes
09 Apr 2008, 17:14
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: New H5 maps Discussions
Replies: 16
Views: 7827

Ed Robinson wrote:It seemed to me, back when (Heroes 3 or 4) that you could visit an allies castle but I was unable to enter theirs.
This is one of my minor gripes about the game. I used to like being able to enter my ally's town and learn spells (or maybe even buy artifacts). Wish they'd put this back in.
by AngelEyes
09 Apr 2008, 11:42
Forum: News
Topic: Ken Levine Loves Heroes II
Replies: 28
Views: 10179

HoMM2 was always my favorite of the series. It had that special charm that you don't see in many games today.

Now why wasn't Star Control 2 on the list??
by AngelEyes
07 Apr 2008, 15:19
Topic: Soldier's Luck in TOE
Replies: 7
Views: 5986

I would think they would too, but I didn't see them listed in the 3.0 manual under Soldier's Luck.

I started wondering about it while playing Necro and the Torpor never seemed to happen even with Soldier's Luck.

Maybe I was just unlucky.
by AngelEyes
07 Apr 2008, 14:04
Topic: Soldier's Luck in TOE
Replies: 7
Views: 5986

Soldier's Luck in TOE

I was wondering if Soldier's Luck applied to the new creature abilities in TOE. Specifically, are Assault, Torpor, Taunt, and Force Arrow affected?

Thanks!
by AngelEyes
03 Apr 2008, 13:23
Topic: Ultimate Rage - when?
Replies: 15
Views: 7905

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you need the Pendant of Mastery for this.
by AngelEyes
31 Mar 2008, 01:32
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Replies: 53
Views: 20161

Agree w/ Vampirism. I would select Armageddon if Warlocks could cast it w/o hurting their black dragons, but sadly, they can't. :(
by AngelEyes
27 Mar 2008, 13:55
Topic: New H5 maps Discussions
Replies: 16
Views: 7827

I played a map called "Vampire Lover" recently that I really enjoyed. It's a single player scenario where you get to play as Ornella (sp?). It looked nice and played really well.

Not sure if the map is new, but I recommend it.
by AngelEyes
17 Mar 2008, 14:27
Topic: Whats your favorite skill?
Replies: 28
Views: 12464

Logistics - A must have!
Mentoring - Great mid to late game.
Master of Mind - Grants two of the best mass-spells in the game.
by AngelEyes
11 Mar 2008, 14:47
Topic: Best level 3 spell
Replies: 24
Views: 11328

Yes, Master of Mind does indeed grant you two of the best mass-spells in the game. Maybe it should be broken up.

I've actually only gotten Blade Barrier once or twice, so I haven't had a chance to play with it too much yet. How is it different than Firewall?
by AngelEyes
10 Mar 2008, 14:00
Topic: Best level 3 spell
Replies: 24
Views: 11328

Confusion is definately my favorite spell. Expert + Mass Effect is truely devestating. This should really be a level 4 spell, IMO.
by AngelEyes
17 Feb 2008, 15:04
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Sins of a Solar Empire
Replies: 18
Views: 9378

This looks really interesting. I always loved the 4x games (MoO1 is still the definitive 4x game to me!) and this looks really good. I'm kinda curious as to how exactly they blend in the RTS elements. Do you know if a demo is available?
by AngelEyes
10 Jan 2008, 20:17
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 6 creature
Replies: 11
Views: 3886

Dread Knights all the way!
by AngelEyes
03 Dec 2007, 16:12
Forum: News
Topic: Termination at GameSpot... Scandal?
Replies: 26
Views: 12523

Corporate shenanigans at its best.
by AngelEyes
23 Nov 2007, 03:25
Topic: ToTe-needs tweeking
Replies: 12
Views: 3734

saugeen, you may also want to defrag your hard drive and make sure your computer doesn't launch any programs at startup. Check in Start > Programs > Startup and clear out anything you don't need. Every little thing helps!
by AngelEyes
22 Nov 2007, 18:24
Forum: Articles
Topic: Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A
Replies: 92
Views: 52534

Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A

For the Biara fight, casting Puppet Master on one of the devil stacks was key. Then I Frenzied the group of nightmares blocking the castle gate. The logjam of pit fiends, succubi, and nightmares behind the walls was ripe pickings for my mind-controlled devils. Biara couldn't keep up with my casting ...
by AngelEyes
09 Nov 2007, 19:04
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter
Replies: 61
Views: 39247

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter

"With this Cyclop + 6 Chieftain strategy, the enemy hero hardly has a chance to cast anything! In my game the battle was over before the enemy hero even acted!"

Very interesting...I hadn't thought of this. I might have go back and re-load my save to try this strategy.
by AngelEyes
09 Nov 2007, 19:04
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter
Replies: 61
Views: 39247

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/720
by AngelEyes
07 Nov 2007, 14:20
Topic: the Ultimate Skills in TotE
Replies: 19
Views: 5899

It seems a lot easier than it used to be to go for the ultimate. I managed to get the ultimate Barbarian skill during the campaign without using the memory mentor. Really came in useful too. :)
by AngelEyes
05 Nov 2007, 15:04
Topic: Stronghold campaign - Shatter Dark or Luck?
Replies: 12
Views: 3809

I took on the siege battle with Expert Shatter Dark and it wasn’t easy at all. The enemy hero cast Frenzy and Puppet Master on my troops ad infinitum . If I’m reading the manual right, Expert Shatter Dark reduces 4th and 5th level spells by one mastery level. As far as I can tell, though, Frenzy and...

Go to advanced search