Search found 241 matches

by BMJedi
14 Jun 2011, 23:22
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM8 - attacking Necromancer's Guild breaks the game?
Replies: 10
Views: 8564

This bug is more serious than I thought - even with Dyson Leyland in my party, the cutscene with the destruction of the skeletal transformer will not play after we bar the door and walk into the chamber. I read about a bug where if you have ever spoken to him and turned him down for joining, your ga...
by BMJedi
14 Jun 2011, 23:03
Topic: MM8 - attacking Necromancer's Guild breaks the game?
Replies: 10
Views: 8564

MM8 - attacking Necromancer's Guild breaks the game?

Hi, I think I just almost broke my MM8 game irreparably, I had a full party of five, and I didn't want the loser (15th level vs. our 35th level) Dyson Leyland in my party, so when I talked to him and he asked to join, I said no. Then I attacked the Guild, defeating all the necromancers easily. But t...
by BMJedi
14 Jun 2011, 14:42
Topic: MM VIII Installing problem
Replies: 5
Views: 2862

I remember having this same problem about five computers ago, when Homm3 first came out, and I couldn't install it until I got a new computer. In that case, it was because the old computer did not have enough memory, and I think the program didn't like that I was trying to play on a Windows 95 opera...
by BMJedi
14 Jun 2011, 00:52
Topic: MM8 - can't find Sandro
Replies: 24
Views: 9075

Ah, I was about to ask Mn what in the world he was talking about, but you other two guys explained it. @Mn, thanks for trying to help me. However, I was just trying to find Sandro as a quest-giver in MM8, and what I was missing was an elevator button. I actually wound up finding my answer at YouTube...
by BMJedi
14 Jun 2011, 00:36
Topic: Some Might and Magic articles
Replies: 4
Views: 2031

Hmm, very interesting. Your articles may get me to give MM4 and MM5 another chance. I'm still not sure, though, if I can get used to that square, 2-dimensional environment. The four cardinal directions of N-E-S-W are only four points out of 360 degrees. Starting in MM6, we have a full 360 degree wor...
by BMJedi
11 Jun 2011, 22:43
Topic: Anybody played other 90's New World Computing games?
Replies: 17
Views: 6984

I took a shot at starting MM4 and MM5 today, but I'm not going to be able to play them, because of the absence of turn and walk smoothly. After about five minutes, they started to give me a headache, because it was like trying to orient and walk around an environment by looking at nothing but a set ...
by BMJedi
11 Jun 2011, 22:40

Okay, I found it, thanks.

The problem is that you have to turn around and look into the hallway from inside the lift, and if you're trying to explore quickly, you'll run in and out of there and not ever see the buttons.
by BMJedi
11 Jun 2011, 18:23
Topic: Flamestryke's Sites Are Gone!
Replies: 7
Views: 3292

I'm very sorry to hear that she passed.

Moderators - could you please update the links?
by BMJedi
11 Jun 2011, 18:22

MM8 - can't find Sandro

Hi, I can't find Sandro in the Necromancer's Guild in Shadowspire. It looks like he ought to be in what looks like the central throne room doors, but the guards deny entry. I can't even find out what he wants for an alliance. I think I'm going to ally with the Church anyway, but I at least wanted to...
by BMJedi
11 Jun 2011, 14:29
Topic: Flamestryke's Sites Are Gone!
Replies: 7
Views: 3292

Flamestryke's Sites Are Gone!

Has anyone else noticed that Flamestryke's MM resource sites are gone?

It's a big loss, because I think his sites were the best "one-stop" resource for MM info.

Does anybody know what happened?
by BMJedi
07 Jun 2011, 18:44
Topic: Ultimate MM8 party
Replies: 73
Views: 53303

I recently started a five-member MM8 party based on Baldur's Gate 2. It's for fun, and for role-playing a "good" party, not for power. I have: me-sorcerer ("necromancer" NOT, photo swapped to young brown-haired human), Jaheira-cleric (blonde human with stern voicings), Anomen-kni...
by BMJedi
05 Jun 2011, 15:40
Topic: Might and Magic Portraits in .bmp or .jpg form?
Replies: 3
Views: 1877

Thanks, that utility is what I needed.

I see that the oval portraits are available, but that the paper dolls are in pieces and without backgrounds.

Would it work to make a screenshot of the inventory screen in game and then work with that?
by BMJedi
04 Jun 2011, 21:47
Topic: Might and Magic Portraits in .bmp or .jpg form?
Replies: 3
Views: 1877

Might and Magic Portraits in .bmp or .jpg form?

Hello, I'm interested in using the MM portraits and artwork in the infinity engine (Baldur's Gate), which would require some kind of .bmp or .jpg format. Has anyone found a way to post these portraits in the needed form? The default facial ovals would be nice, but rectangular .bmp saves of the paper...
by BMJedi
21 Apr 2011, 15:19
Topic: History of Might & Magic (includes Heroes and spinoffs)
Replies: 45
Views: 72556

I nominate Dave-O's timeline for a sticky. It is a very useful reference document, and it should be easily available to find and refer to.
by BMJedi
12 Feb 2011, 15:02
Topic: MM6 Memory Crystals and Oracle
Replies: 51
Views: 22631

The best way to fight them is to take your time, and have a very strong party with high armor class. No, Armor Class doesn't help at all. Magic Resistance probably should help. The main advice is to kill them quickly with all available fire power. So the best advice is take off armour (unless you m...
by BMJedi
07 Feb 2011, 20:55
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Homm2 Can't Beat Final Battle
Replies: 8
Views: 4314

Thanks for all the good advice. I'm actually thinking at this point that I should have done the gauntlet map and tried to get some troop numbers, and that taking the magic crown was a huge mistake. The trouble with going back now is that I would have to replay the Corlagon map, and I really don't ca...
by BMJedi
06 Feb 2011, 22:58
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Homm2 Can't Beat Final Battle
Replies: 8
Views: 4314

Homm2 Can't Beat Final Battle

Hello, I just replayed the homm2 good campaign, and got through all the scenarios without any serious problems winning, except for the final map. I took the crown instead of the extra army, so no help there. It starts with three different castle types, all very spread out, so no combining armies. Ro...
by BMJedi
28 Jan 2011, 15:02
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Necropolis 3 Cloak of Shadow Bug?
Views: 3055

I replayed the map last night and finished it. I almost thought it was bugged again after I got my 20 bone dragons, because the exit portal didn't seem to be open. I discovered by accident (thank goodness) that Cyrus' exit portal does not give you the little "leaping horse" active cursor o...
by BMJedi
27 Jan 2011, 16:41

Best bet would be to replay the map. Though it will probably be a pain in the ass. Yeah, I think what happened was that I had Isabel take some of the wizard castles. The map seems to be hard-coded for Markal to do all the adventuring while Isabel stays home and waits for the elves, and if you do it...
by BMJedi
27 Jan 2011, 01:06

Necropolis 3 Cloak of Shadow Bug?

Hello, I'm playing Markal's campain, and the map is completely beat, except that the Cloak of Shadow movie never fired, Markal can't get it from the city he's supposed to get it from, and the map seems to be bugged, because Markal can't go through the portal to find Cyrus. Does anybody know about th...

Go to advanced search