Search found 241 matches

by BMJedi
06 Jul 2011, 23:40
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic VIII
Replies: 32
Views: 22123

I don't know if you remember, but the trouble with the Vault of Time is that you can only get the key to it on July 24, and you have to be strong enough to defeat the Unicorn King on that day. And you have to have had all 12 obelisks collected by then, I think, or he won't drop it. I've always been ...
by BMJedi
27 Jun 2011, 14:57
Topic: Imagine Arcomage...
Replies: 15
Views: 6715

I wish you could go to Las Vegas and play Arcomage for real money! I would totally book a trip and go to any hotel that had a fantasy theme and real Arcomage tables! I've never gambled before in my life, and I think I'd keep my bets very small and play for fun only if I ever tried it, but wouldn't i...
by BMJedi
20 Jun 2011, 00:13
Topic: using a controll pad for might and magic 8
Replies: 3
Views: 1747

Moderators, could you merge this thread with the other one, please?
by BMJedi
18 Jun 2011, 19:31
Topic: What classes from MM7 did you miss going into MM8?
Replies: 23
Views: 7067

I miss the druid the most, since that's what I always played in MM6 and MM7. You can use the MM8che to put the druid back in, and I usually do. (Start with either cleric or "necromancer", edit in the other magic schools. I also miss the archmage, because I will not play a lich, for heaven'...
by BMJedi
18 Jun 2011, 19:06
Topic: using a controll pad for might and magic 8
Replies: 7
Views: 2957

BTW - you do know that you can look up and down with PageDown and Delete, right? So, you could disable mouselook in the .ini as suggested and then use the two keyboard keys. A programmable mouse can take some of these functions with its extra buttons. What I wish could be done would be to be able to...
by BMJedi
18 Jun 2011, 18:20
Topic: MM8 Bug thread. (renamed)
Replies: 19
Views: 8759

Thanks very much for this research, UHO! I've quit wasting my time casting the Shield spell in my MM8 game, and you've explained why the centaurs in Ravenshore were so devastating to my low-level party. The player is basically defenseless against the fire arrows, as neither Shield nor Fire Resistanc...
by BMJedi
17 Jun 2011, 14:48
Topic: might and magic 8 for windows 7
Replies: 8
Views: 15970

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but you can avoid all these headaches by buying the GoG.com version of the game. I had one issue with the music on the GoG.com version - installing the Grayface patch makes it stop playing, but all I had to do was set mp3=1 in the .ini, and it works beautifully - it will...
by BMJedi
17 Jun 2011, 14:42
Topic: MM8 - barbarian fortress - a second secret door?
Replies: 2
Views: 2406

Nah, I figured out that the creature I heard was a straggler from upstairs.

I think the blue outline coming from wizard eye is just a fluke in this case. I consulted a couple of guides, and nobody says anything about anything else besides the dragon egg being in there.

Thanks anyway, though.
by BMJedi
16 Jun 2011, 23:26
Topic: Map of the MM6-8 planet
Replies: 51
Views: 30728

Hmm, I see Enroth (upper left), Jadame (upper right), and what looks like it says "Antagarich" (lower right).

What about Erathia?
by BMJedi
16 Jun 2011, 22:52
Topic: Which MM has the best character customization rules?
Replies: 20
Views: 7002

I wanna add that although I prefer MM6's system, I do think that it's way too permissive when it comes to weapons. Like someone else pointed out it makes no sense to have an Archer class if everybody can master the bow so I only allow him and the Knight to master it. That way, the Knight does at le...
by BMJedi
16 Jun 2011, 14:48
Topic: MM8 - can't find Sandro
Replies: 24
Views: 9075

There's Sandro the Necromancer and Sandro the Lich from Heroes, and Sandro from MM5. A curious combination. There are actually people named Sandro too :P Maybe the original Sandro was so famous and powerful, he became almost a demi-god, and evil necromancer wannabe parents among the people started ...
by BMJedi
16 Jun 2011, 14:21

And who is "Gygax?" Gary Gygax is the author, creator, and later the executive producer of the Dungeons and Dragons fantasy RPG system in the 1970's and 1980's. I and many other people credit him with being the first to take materials and ideas from Tolkein's Lord of the Rings, which had ...
by BMJedi
15 Jun 2011, 22:04

I hate classes, alignments, and any other hobgob. Hm, that's a very interesting way to look at character customization. I've always thought that the classical four-way division of RPG party function was useful, but that individual npc's or players should not be limited in their ability to multiclas...
by BMJedi
15 Jun 2011, 21:45

GrayFace patch + Run as admistrator and it works like a charm. Mama mia! D'oh! The Grayface patch seems so obvious to those of us experienced with these games, I can't believe that we didn't think to mention it! MM6, MM7, and MM8 do not work on Windows XP, Vista, or 7, without the Grayface/Mok patch.
by BMJedi
15 Jun 2011, 21:00
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 366
Views: 252738

Fantastic, Maestro! I hope maybe you will be able to make a mod from your expertise.
by BMJedi
15 Jun 2011, 20:47

Also, make sure User Account Control (UAC) in the control panel has the slider all the way at the bottom, effectively disabling it. It wreaks havoc with games.
by BMJedi
15 Jun 2011, 20:32

Which MM has the best character customization rules?

Hello, I know that this has probably been discussed to death in earlier threads, and in fact, I'd love to be linked to those threads if you know of any; however, it seems we have a group of new players in here this summer, so I'd like to try to start a new discussion about this. I am finding that I ...
by BMJedi
15 Jun 2011, 19:38
Topic: MM8 - barbarian fortress - a second secret door?
Replies: 2
Views: 2406

MM8 - barbarian fortress - a second secret door?

Hi, I just completed the barbarian fortress and got the quest dragon egg (yes, I found that secret door using my dark elf's master perception), and yet wizard eye is detecting what appears to be a hidden area marked in blue in the center alcove of the basement floor, and I can hear something moving ...
by BMJedi
15 Jun 2011, 16:31
Topic: MM8,5 - Echo of Destruction
Replies: 366
Views: 252738

Is this something we can download and install, or is it a work in progress? I'd love to have a mod.

I noticed that the water was shimmering as well as the trees waving.
by BMJedi
15 Jun 2011, 16:25
Topic: MM8 - attacking Necromancer's Guild breaks the game?
Replies: 10
Views: 8564

I think I managed to get that door open again after triggering the plot event. You have to undo the levers in order again, and they still won't move out of order, and then you have to click on the beam to move it back and/or push one of those buttons over to the side again. I didn't mess with it muc...

Go to advanced search