Search found 241 matches

by BMJedi
23 Apr 2008, 16:51
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: cant reinstall might and magic 7
Replies: 3
Views: 2016

Does that 'sp2' mean the official game patch? I know that Mok's Windows XP patch only works after the official game patch is installed. Also, make sure you have the right windows compatability mode selected. There's a really good troubleshooting guide on this website. Here's the exact link: http://w...
by BMJedi
21 Apr 2008, 16:45
Topic: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!
Replies: 544
Views: 411759

MM7 Walkthroughs

Thanks, BDJ, that's the best map-based guide source I've ever seen! I know right where those signal fires are, now. I'd like to pose an idea to the community: Could someone with the right organisational/writing skills do up a brief FAQ/Walkthrough/Guide to BDJ's new mod? I wouldn't ask BDJ himself t...
by BMJedi
20 Apr 2008, 22:01

Spoiler Request - Stables in Harmondale

I need help, please. I can't figure out how to get the stables in Harmondale activated. The stablemaster says something about lighting signal fires to set up an ambush for Grognar and the goblins who will appear and attack, but I don't know where to find any 'signal fires'. Also, I thought they migh...
by BMJedi
20 Apr 2008, 20:13
Topic: Should the Merchant skill effect the whole party?
Replies: 15
Views: 6007

Yeah, it's tedious, but that tediousity is a part of the game, that's what makes it classic. I don't think that it's fair either that a cleric, or whatever, can sell his/her goods at about the same price as a master merchant, it doesn't make any sense AT ALL! Well, maybe a little bit, but not a who...
by BMJedi
19 Apr 2008, 18:24

Count Zero

Does anybody know anything about Count Zero and the lost 'ONEs". I found him on Emerald Isle and didn't understand what he wanted me to do. So far, I'm having a wonderful time with this great work of art! (Yeah, I consider mods as works of art to be admired, enjoyed, and appreciated for their c...
by BMJedi
20 Dec 2007, 04:02
Topic: Are there any joint MM/Baldur's Gate fans here? An idea.
Replies: 3
Views: 2132

Are there any joint MM/Baldur's Gate fans here? An idea.

Hey, friends, I got another one of my crazy ideas tonight and started trying it. I'm wondering if anybody else in the community might be interested. I'm a HUGE Might and Magic 6 and Might and Magic 7 fan, and I was thinking about making a connection to my Baldur's Gate fanaticism. What I'm doing in ...
by BMJedi
20 Dec 2007, 03:59
Topic: Might and Magic X proposal from a diffrent point of View
Replies: 66
Views: 43868

Why are people spending so much effort writing design ideas for a MMX for which there is no indication that it will ever be produced? Is it 'hope which springs eternal within the human breast' that someone from Ubisoft is reading all this and is planning to design a MMX? If the 'powers that be' were...
by BMJedi
20 Dec 2007, 03:47
Topic: A Public Offer to the Celestial Heavens MM Community
Replies: 24
Views: 12204

I am not a candidate for this 'apprenticeship', but I would be delighted if any one or two people out there were, and we the MM community actually wound up with useable mods. I have a question - Is there any chance of a legal 'cease and desist' derailing this idea, or is the MM intellectual property...
by BMJedi
30 Nov 2007, 05:18
Topic: Might and Magic X proposal from a diffrent point of View
Replies: 66
Views: 43868

Is there actually a chance that we'll get a MMX from Ubisoft? Even if it's not as good as MM6 and MM7, (just as HOMM V is arguably not as good as HOMM I, II, III, or even IV), I would be grateful for there to be a future for the franchise. As far as potential party interaction, my vote is for only t...
by BMJedi
20 Oct 2007, 20:03
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Where do you put downloaded maps?
Replies: 2
Views: 1178

Thanks, Phoenix, I got it to work now.
by BMJedi
20 Oct 2007, 02:35
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Where do you put downloaded maps?
Replies: 2
Views: 1178

Where do you put downloaded maps?

I just downloaded a map to see if I could get it to work. The mapmaker's readme says to copy the file into the Homm5 maps folder.

But there is no 'maps' folder anywhere I can find in the Ubisoft/Heroes5 directory.

Help, please. Where do I extract downloaded maps?
by BMJedi
17 Oct 2007, 03:57
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Homm I Soundtracks
Replies: 9
Views: 3228

Homm I Soundtracks

The best game music I've ever heard is in the Homm I soundtracks, and I still play Homm I regularly just so I can groove to these marvelous orchestrations. I would love to know the original source material of each castle theme. I''ve found one of them: The warlock music is based on the Bach Gavotte ...
by BMJedi
17 Oct 2007, 03:45
Topic: Heroes II Soundtrack
Replies: 25
Views: 49887

Way cool to find a long overdue thread about the superlative HOMM music tracks! I'm starting a separate thread about HOMMI, but I have one thing to contribute here, maybe. I don't listen to the original HOMMII tracks, I only listen to the music from the expansions. And, I'm pretty sure the Sorceress...
by BMJedi
14 Oct 2007, 18:08
Topic: You knew it was coming... favorite M&M game!
Replies: 60
Views: 21356

MMIX was one of the biggest dissapointments of my life. They lost me the first time I pulled up the character inventory screen. "WHAT? No paper dolls to play with? What were they thinking! Playing dress-up with my paper dolls was my favorite part of the game!! Were they TRYING to make the game ...
by BMJedi
07 Oct 2007, 19:52
Topic: No walking sounds for MM6 or MM7
Replies: 5
Views: 4106

I'm all too familiar with this frustrating problem, though I only have it in MM6 - in MM7 my walksounds work just fine. What I've discovered with my particular computer, strangely, is that I get full walksound in MM6 spontaneously after leaving the computer on for 24 to 48 hours. If I must restart o...
by BMJedi
24 Sep 2007, 02:14
Topic: Starting to play M&M
Replies: 17
Views: 6094

"...that thing they want in townhall..." If you mean the Chime of Harmony, it's the last thing you'll find in the Temple of Baa in the Castle Ironfist region. The Shadow Guild dungeon where you rescue Sharry is also in Castle Ironfist - you have to do a lot of travelling back and forth in ...
by BMJedi
19 Sep 2007, 04:19
Topic: MM7: I'll start my first "No Elemental magic" game
Views: 7442

Undead HO, I see what you mean about substituting Alchemy skill and buying scrolls and potions in place of actually casting the spells. I'm not saying it's not possible, just that it seems like it would be tedious, at least to me. I'm not a fan of attack magic, (too much of a Yodaphile, I guess), bu...
by BMJedi
18 Sep 2007, 23:18
Topic: They just don't make games this good anymore!
Replies: 12
Views: 5427

They just don't make games this good anymore!

I've recently started replaying MM6 and MM7 after several months (years?) playing Neverwinter Nights, Titan Quest, and Sacred. Once again I am struck by how darn GOOD MM6 and MM7 are! They have the most addictive character progression system I've encountered in 10 years of gaming. (Oh, just one more...
by BMJedi
18 Sep 2007, 22:58
Topic: MM7: I'll start my first "No Elemental magic" game
Views: 7442

This idea makes me think how tedious travel would be with no teleport spells.

Also, don't you have to have a Fly spell to get to a few important areas?
by BMJedi
15 Feb 2007, 02:57
Topic: HOMM III in 1024 Resolution?
Replies: 4
Views: 2978

HOMM III in 1024 Resolution?

Please help, anybody. I play my games on a 70 inch JVC hi-def D-ILA television that only accepts 1024 by 72? resolution. Is there any way to play HOMM III on my 70 inch using the required 1024 res? I saw an earlier thread that implied that it's impossible, but I was wondering if anyone's created a n...

Go to advanced search