Search found 241 matches

by BMJedi
15 Feb 2020, 15:40
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]
Replies: 8269
Views: 6263851

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 22.09.2019]

Hello, I have a game going where I've started in Enroth, and I'll soon be trying to promote my druid to Archdruid with the Temple of the Moon quest, which requires you to click on the altar inside the Free Haven Temple of the Moon at exactly midnight on a full moon. I can't see any way to tell the p...
by BMJedi
10 Feb 2020, 16:41

@Templayer, okay, I found the links to Character Creator Unlocker in the Tracker. The download gives me a blank text document, and a WinRar error message that says "Unknown method in character selection text. Operation failed." I tried downloading it from both of the offered links (direct ...
by BMJedi
09 Feb 2020, 17:04

@Templayer , thank you for the quick reply. I can't find an "unlocker" to look at settings or unlock character classes and races available to each continent. Can you help? The tracker seems to be written for people who are working on debugging and creating assets for the program, and it's ...
by BMJedi
09 Feb 2020, 14:18

This has probably been asked before, but the thread is huge. I want to play the merge starting in MM6, but I'm a little worried about skills such as Alchemy that don't exist in MM6. Have any trainers been added in MM6 to accommodate the new merged skill system?
by BMJedi
25 Aug 2019, 16:59

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 10.06.2019]

I just wanted to say thank you for all this incredible work. I discovered it via a Let's Play on YouTube, so I installed it and starting playing starting on Enroth yesterday. It's incredible to see all the familiar places in beautiful widescreen aspect. I haven't played far enough yet to know whethe...
by BMJedi
29 May 2018, 13:38
Topic: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers
Replies: 19
Views: 14496

Re: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers

@Bandobras, are you sure about that? All the sources I can find say that armor provides no damage reduction at all, only a reduction in enemy chance to hit, and the damage I see in the game seems to bear that out. Where are you getting your information? Mine came from here: https://grayface.github.i...
by BMJedi
28 May 2018, 21:58

Re: Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers

Quick addendum - It occurred to me that the very complicated monster to hit formula works out to being reduceable to rolling a d4 to hit. Interesting.
by BMJedi
28 May 2018, 21:55

Is Armor Worth It? Interesting Numbers

So, I was really curious about game behavior I've been observing in MM 6, 7, and 8 about enemy hit rate versus armor class. So, I looked up the formula. It's (Monster Level * 2 + 5) divided by (Monster Level * 2 + 10 + Player Armor Class) That alone didn't tell me much. What exactly does, for exampl...
by BMJedi
27 May 2018, 14:21
Topic: MM6che, MM7che, and MM8che Character Editors Where?
Replies: 2
Views: 13484

Re: MM6che, MM7che, and MM8che Character Editors Where?

@Avonu, Thank you! You just saved me a whole day's worth of play. I won't have to restart to fix some things that I changed my mind about.
by BMJedi
26 May 2018, 20:33
Topic: MM6che, MM7che, and MM8che Character Editors Where?
Replies: 2
Views: 13484

MM6che, MM7che, and MM8che Character Editors Where?

Hello, does anyone know of a safe, currently active link to download the MMche character editors? All the links I can find through searching are dead as of May 26, 2018.
by BMJedi
29 Mar 2017, 20:45
Topic: M&M 6-8 grayface patch mp3 music not working (solved)
Replies: 15
Views: 12085

Re: M&M 6-8 grayface patch mp3 music not working

I stopped using Grayface's patch for this very reason. Setting the .ini file according to advice doesn't work. The music will not loop, no matter what I do. The patch also cuts off footstep sounds. All the sound works perfectly on GoG's default version, so I just use that now. There's nothing in the...
by BMJedi
17 Nov 2015, 17:01
Topic: MM7 Walls of Mist Question
Replies: 8
Views: 9363

Re: MM7 Walls of Mist Question

Thanks for the info and advice, everyone. :)
by BMJedi
15 Nov 2015, 20:00
Topic: MM7 Walls of Mist Question
Replies: 8
Views: 9363

MM7 Walls of Mist Question

Hi, I was considering replaying MM7, but thinking about the Walls of Mist light side quest is almost making me not want to. I don't want to feel forced to have a sorcerer in my party for the grandmaster invisibility, and it's too hard to keep trying to beat the timer with only master invisibility. M...
by BMJedi
11 Nov 2015, 17:50
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Paul A Romero & Rob King. What exactly is the job distribution between the 2?
Replies: 3
Views: 3342

Re: Paul A Romero & Rob King. What exactly is the job distribution between the 2?

Paul A Romero composes the music on the piano. You can give him full credit as the composer of the music. Rob King does everything else, including the electronic orchestrations of Romero's piano scores, mixing, programming tracks into the game design, and adding any sound effects. You can give Rob K...
by BMJedi
25 Jun 2015, 01:28
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: MM Duel of Champions? Any love here for it?
Replies: 0
Views: 2900

MM Duel of Champions? Any love here for it?

Hey, I was looking for info on story lore about Masfar, "Father of Titans" from MMDoC, and I can't find any. Usually, I can find any answer imaginable about the MM universe from the experts here. However, I wonder, can anybody tell me whether there's a reference to Masfar in Homm 5, 6, or ...
by BMJedi
27 Feb 2015, 18:06
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Don't waste money on Heroes 3 HD
Replies: 3
Views: 3941

I bought it and spent over 60 hours replaying Restoration of Erathia. It looked really good on my big screen TV, better than the HD Mod. I knew what it was when I got it, and I got my money's worth out of it. Now that it got me in a HoMM 3 mood, I'm continuing to play Armageddon's Blade and other ex...
by BMJedi
27 Feb 2015, 17:48
Topic: Lore question - Who are the titans and why serve wizards?
Replies: 23
Views: 14871

MM9 was the game I made the "not speak of it" comment about. It's a pretty standard reaction to it, since it was released in an unfinished state. A few people seem to appreciate it for its Nicolai references, but I never played it long enough to see those. It was just too no-fun as a game ...
by BMJedi
27 Feb 2015, 15:10

Yes, I came to like HoMM IV quite a bit, and I spent a lot of time playing it. I've always defended it when other fans complained about all the changes to gameplay. I just didn't like that they destroyed Enroth in the story arc after all those years I'd invested in playing in it and trying to save i...
by BMJedi
23 Feb 2015, 14:35

Land of the Giants is from MM7. You get there by the teleporter outside of Harmondale, very late in the game. It is populated by mobs of titans.
by BMJedi
22 Feb 2015, 20:36

I found this interesting link through a search for more information about the Contested Lands and Harmondale as related to the bonus campaign in Restoration of Erathia that sets up MM7. The information there implies that the creatures in the Land of the Giants are native to Antagarich and Enroth, an...

Go to advanced search