Search found 293 matches

by myythryyn
25 Feb 2007, 04:34
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: lol...Bug, first five minutes of playing HOF :) Rebels map
Replies: 14
Views: 4259

im not sure how to change zones, but i have a feelling its not the problem. i just uninstalled HOF. yah i keep forgetting HOF a totally different .exe file. glad i dont have to uninstall HOMMV. im used to expansions that are just that, not completely seperate games. i re install the game, i dont add...
by myythryyn
25 Feb 2007, 04:24
Topic: Computer controlled armies always retreat
Replies: 10
Views: 4562

ahh yes, the constantly fleeing AI heroes. it has been reported that this is bugged. if you play on hard or higher, the AI never flees. but if you play on normal or lower, you are stuck with a cowardly AI and you hardly ever get to finish a battle with the death of the enemy. ive played maps where i...
by myythryyn
25 Feb 2007, 00:40
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Help on Starting Resources Scripting
Replies: 21
Views: 7545

this post discusses how to change a multiplayer map to single player https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4191 as well as gives other good advice, and Pitsu made a document you can read too about scritping https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5430 once you get t...
by myythryyn
25 Feb 2007, 00:29

Also, do I need to put "end;" on the last line to let the computer know that the scripting is done? And does there have to be an order to scripting? Oh yeah, this is a multiplayer map. bingo.....bang....dead in the water :) you said the multiplayer word while talking about scripting. that...
by myythryyn
25 Feb 2007, 00:25

yah i guess no one else has had this problem. i dont have any mods of any sort. im not sure what to do. i guess i could try a complete re install. i would rather not go through the hassle of installing HOMMV, then HOF, then repatching and resetting things. anyone have any ideas what could be the pro...
by myythryyn
24 Feb 2007, 19:53

to add a bonus to an existing number of resources, you need to do this local current; -- first declare the local variable current1 = GetPlayerResource(PLAYER_# WOOD); -- this gets the current resource amount, wood in this case SetPlayerResource(PLAYER_#, WOOD, current1 + 10); -- then this adds +10 t...
by myythryyn
24 Feb 2007, 08:11

lol...Bug, first five minutes of playing HOF :) Rebels map

Lol, so im not having a good time with HOF. I havnt even played the game five minutes, and ive found a game crashing bug. ok first off, i thought id try out one of the maps that came with HOF. i loaded up "In search of power". and its messed up. player one, which is supposed to be inferno,...
by myythryyn
23 Feb 2007, 21:06
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 221621

you might want to wait until the next patch comes out, i have heard that it will finally support making campaigns. of course, who knows when nival will ever release that patch, or if the campaign editor will even work properly:) i have a question too. im trying to use the settownbuildinglimit comman...
by myythryyn
23 Feb 2007, 20:32
Topic: Messages in Heroes 5 map
Replies: 2
Views: 2101

message boxes can be created.

the steps to do that are in this post....

viewtopic.php?t=3793&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

read page three, halfway down is some nice pictures explaining it, and the actual command
by myythryyn
23 Feb 2007, 20:28

here is the commands i use in a map for starting resources SetPlayerResource(PLAYER_#, WOOD, #); SetPlayerResource(PLAYER_#, ORE, #); SetPlayerResource(PLAYER_#, MERCURY, #); SetPlayerResource(PLAYER_#, GEM, #); SetPlayerResource(PLAYER_#, CRYSTAL, #); SetPlayerResource(PLAYER_#, SULFUR, #); gold ca...
by myythryyn
21 Feb 2007, 04:15
Topic: Battle for Androna Map Mishap Pic... Funny
Replies: 5
Views: 3245

darn i thought i fixed that....well at least it gave you a laugh :) the same kind of thing happend in one of my tests. here is the post with a screenshot of a beached elf....luckily it was the AI hero, and not mine. https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4071 hmmm, i wonder what i n...
by myythryyn
17 Feb 2007, 15:59
Topic: Nival's latest spelling error :)
Replies: 29
Views: 9323

ahh, but.... what about the spell "raise dead"? applying the definitions you provided above for the word raise, this is what the spell is called - raise dead = "to increase" dead - nope, the spell doesnt do that ="to lift"dead - nope spell does more than that = "to...
by myythryyn
17 Feb 2007, 05:14

Rise = to return from death But i do love that "spare hero" part :) lol ok ill agree that rise is a word, but its being used wrong. the correct way would be to ask... "Do you command them to rise from the dead?" not "Rise them?" which im certain is incorrect. or it sho...
by myythryyn
16 Feb 2007, 20:50

lol, i havnt encountered the spare the hero problem, though now that i think about it, i remember thinking how funny that question sounds. i just dont understand how such obvious spelling errors can happen im sure there must have been lots of internal testing on the necromancy changes, how could the...
by myythryyn
16 Feb 2007, 20:43

Nival's latest spelling error :)

maybe this has been noticed already, i didnt see any posts about this, but Nival has done it once again with another spelling error. when you are playing undead and you are given the screen where you confirm if you want to use your dark energy, you are asked "you can rise this many things it wi...
by myythryyn
16 Feb 2007, 20:28
Topic: HOF : custom PWL load screen files messed up
Replies: 4
Views: 4138

would i be able to send you my map file neckie? this is one thing im not very sure about is the proper settings for the PWL files. as well its very confusing that all my PWL loading screens worked fine up till i installed the expansion pack,now they are warped. so i dont understand what the expansio...
by myythryyn
16 Feb 2007, 20:25
Topic: ToTE -Transform Town Values Changed(HOF as well)
Replies: 12
Views: 7521

In my test map, i've tried the command and here is the result : @TransformTown("Town",0) - invalid town type #0 @TransformTown("Town",1) - invalid town type #1 @TransformTown("Town",2) - invalid town type #2 @TransformTown("Town",3) ->Haven @TransformTown(&qu...
by myythryyn
16 Feb 2007, 14:42

so im totally stuck. as far as i can tell, there is nothing wrong with the syntax of the command and i cant get any town to transform. it worked before the expansion and patch, now it doesnt work. can anyone with HOF please check to see if the TransformTown command works? open the console and type i...
by myythryyn
15 Feb 2007, 15:48

ToTE -Transform Town Values Changed(HOF as well)

ok here is my story... im working on a necromancy story map. there is a town that for very important plot/story reasons becomes converted to a necropolis. so i used this command TransformTown ("townname", TOWN_NECROMANCY); before i upgraded to HOF and installed the patch, the above command...
by myythryyn
15 Feb 2007, 15:40
Topic: HOF : custom PWL load screen files messed up
Replies: 4
Views: 4138

ok thxs pitsu, ill try to do those things tonight. im just suprised no one else has replied. maybe im the only one with this problem? i would think that alot of people would have had this happen by now. anyone with HOF out there? are you PWL loading files working ok? maybe its somehow a graphics thi...

Go to advanced search