Search found 293 matches

by myythryyn
26 Sep 2006, 06:19
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: i just submitted a map, anyone want to test it?
Replies: 7
Views: 4987

thxs, i actually just resent the map :)

i discovered when you add town specializations afterwards, it erases your custom name, a couple towns werent named properly.

so i fixed that.
by myythryyn
26 Sep 2006, 05:55
Topic: i just submitted a map, anyone want to test it?
Replies: 7
Views: 4987

i just submitted a map, anyone want to test it?

hello, i submitted 6 player too big for you map. The map is called Battle for Androna. It is multiplayer which unfortuately means no scripts, but i did put signposts with some backstory to read, and custom town bios. the map should be mostly balanced. i filled in the text submission page, and zipped...
by myythryyn
22 Sep 2006, 17:17
Topic: H5 editor performance
Replies: 13
Views: 8013

its not just the trees, its the animations of every object. trees may be the worst, but they are not the only problem. i made the first half of the map the desert and lava area, and i still had the same slowness i have now. i only recently added trees. the problem mainly occurs with the placing of o...
by myythryyn
21 Sep 2006, 23:45
Topic: H5 editor performance
Replies: 13
Views: 8013

im at the point of almost getting fed up with the editor. its so laggy, choppy and slow when you make "too big for you" maps and start to have alot of objects. even things like loading the map, and saving the map take time. im about 75 percent done now, and have placed alot of objects now....
by myythryyn
20 Sep 2006, 23:15
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What do u always pick?
Replies: 51
Views: 15385

I've always taken and always will take the experience no matter what..I've always thought that experience was much more important.. i used to do the same thing until i started playing on hard lvl. i took xp so i could have a strong hero. then i met the AI army. Sure i had a strong hero, but the AI ...
by myythryyn
20 Sep 2006, 17:21
Topic: What do u always pick?
Replies: 51
Views: 15385

it also depends on the style of map you are playing. if its a HOMM campaign map, then i always pick gold. you reach the lvl caps so easy in the HOMMV campaing maps, some maps i wasnt even half way done and i would get that annoying message that ive reached the lvl cap. then have to read that message...
by myythryyn
10 Sep 2006, 17:20
Topic: map editor has 8 town limit - nival has to change this
Replies: 109
Views: 22689

I think, that Heroes V is a game that needs a tight "environment control" because otherwise things will run out of every order. i do have to wonder, with the specific rules of HOMM V, was this game inteneded by the developers to ever be in an epic scale? or was this game more designed for...
by myythryyn
08 Sep 2006, 20:13

its more a shame that nival has put a hardcoded eight town victory condition. when the editor is released, and the public finds out about this, there is going so many angy upset people. the forums will be filled with complaints about this terrible limitiaton. ive been waitng months now for the edito...
by myythryyn
08 Sep 2006, 18:18

No, you can NOT put more than 8 towns on the map. But there is no set 8 town victory condition. You can set any victory condition you like. ok but jolly joker said there was an eight town set victory condition, and you can place more than eight towns... so we have two conflicting statements of info...
by myythryyn
08 Sep 2006, 17:38

Qarl, you say you are playing with the map editor beta. you have said that you can put more than eight towns on a map, right? can you please clarify, or repeat, is there an eight town capture hardcoded victory condition? if this condition is in the beta, do you think it will be in the released versi...
by myythryyn
08 Sep 2006, 14:53
Topic: A fixed victory condition of 8 towns in the editor
Replies: 3
Views: 1982

capture eight towns and you win? yes, players you can put as many towns as you like, but remember if any player captures eight they win. or you have to destroy your towns, to stop yourself from winning. and you just never know when the AI might win the game, without you even knowing in some cases, h...
by myythryyn
05 Sep 2006, 23:45

the editor may be in beta, but for some reason, nival is considering placing an eight town limit on maps.

it would be a big mistake if nival releases the map editor with an eight town limit. im hoping that they will change that and increase the limit.
by myythryyn
05 Sep 2006, 22:53

map editor has 8 town limit - nival has to change this

hello, ive made a poll about if eight towns is enough when making maps, in the other forum linked here... http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1851065692/m/6441064774 and the results are very clear. players do not want an eight town limit in the map editor. you can read the linked post for more ...

Go to advanced search