Search found 293 matches

by myythryyn
06 Apr 2007, 15:48
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Elevation causes really bad lag
Replies: 17
Views: 8452

Elevation causes really bad lag

Hello, im making a map, and im a little confused. the map takes place in a moutainous/hilly area, with the center part of the map being a big mountain platuea, with elevations around 35-50. Ive made maps before with elevations, but this map for some reason when the player enters the elevated mountai...
by myythryyn
06 Apr 2007, 00:42
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Tribes of the East Screenshot
Replies: 113
Views: 26123

Tribes of the East Screenshot

so we finally know what the next faction will be. A behemoth would have been alot more fitting than that...dragon, it doesnt go with the theme...and it has a head that looks more like "Alien". The tambourine has to go. It is too modern day looking. Give the shaman a staff/bone, or shaker w...
by myythryyn
02 Apr 2007, 14:28
Topic: H5 Editor problems
Replies: 12
Views: 10914

interesting, thxs for sending me that file Pitsu. it actually looks quite nice, i might consider keeping it :) the PWL file you sent looks perfect, no graphics glich. so the trick is to use the DDS converter you have provided a link to? and then watch for the mipmap setting? mipmap should not be > 1...
by myythryyn
01 Apr 2007, 05:04

hmmm, well you might have the same....bug? that i have. before i installed HOF, all my PWL load files looked fine. then i installed HOF, and ever since then, all my pics look exactly as you described. i thought it was my file, so i sent the map to someone to take a look at. they reported that there ...
by myythryyn
30 Mar 2007, 05:38
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: The Death of PC Gaming
Replies: 33
Views: 8912

If you think pc gaming is dying, you need to look at the success of World of Warcraft. actually, you should really consider the success of world of warcraft more as being one of the causes of the death of PC gaming. In my opinion online games like WOW are killing PC gaming. why? millions and millio...
by myythryyn
27 Mar 2007, 14:58
Topic: H5 editor capabilities
Replies: 4
Views: 7050

that sounds really intresting Neckie, making cut scenes is definetly been something i would be interested in doing. they would add some personality to maps. but i dont think id want to add my voice to a cut scene:) so if you could instead have a bottom section of the screen a message box with writte...
by myythryyn
26 Mar 2007, 13:57

about PWL files, here is a post describing the process of makinga loadscreen PWL file https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4191 if you want a map to study, dowload my latest map, Lord Garrick Stahlrad, on the news page of celestial heavens, look in the map file with winrar, winzip...
by myythryyn
24 Mar 2007, 23:30
Forum: News
Topic: Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps
Replies: 64
Views: 22104

Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps

@ Logan : if you are updating maps, then update Fury of the Elements. Author Myythryyn, from Canada. but i hope you have learned two things from this debate. 1)it may be just a game, but map makers take their creations seriously, and do not like having their maps posted "unknown" author. i...
by myythryyn
23 Mar 2007, 17:08
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: 1.41 - autosave fix actually "works"?
Replies: 9
Views: 2621

actually, i dont rely on just quick save. ill use quick save the most often. but i also manually create save games once in awhile, like when i finish playing, or once in awhile while im playing too. ill usually have four or so saves i rotate through. i never use autosave, it just takes too long its ...
by myythryyn
22 Mar 2007, 19:34
Topic: lol...Bug, first five minutes of playing HOF :) Rebels map
Replies: 14
Views: 4259

wow....im simply amazed. the game after patch 1.3 reads map files as packs? why did they change that? that is very stupid thing to do....oh wait this is Nival, and should be expected. so, when you load the game .exe file, as its loading, it then looks in the map folder, and then reads every map file...
by myythryyn
22 Mar 2007, 14:09
Topic: Creatures XP system proposal for Heroes 6
Replies: 26
Views: 5807

myythryyn, "Hearts of Iron" (a Second World War game) features troops experience, and it works exactly in the way described. When new recruits are added, the experience is averaged. It is not that the most veteran units suddenly "unlearn" things. Is that the unit as a whole acts...
by myythryyn
21 Mar 2007, 23:37
Forum: News
Topic: Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps
Replies: 64
Views: 22104

Mapmakers, Reclaim your Maps

i suppose i should contact them as well, though id rather instead ask them to remove my map. its an embarassment that my map is on their website. but im sure they wouldnt listen, its part of the risks of releasing a map into the public domain i guess. there is absolutely no excuse for them putting &...
by myythryyn
21 Mar 2007, 21:35
Topic: question about cold steel
Replies: 10
Views: 2700

since you bought HOF your fine then. I just wanted to make sure you werent waiting for patch 1.5, cuz you might be waiting a very long time :) the necromancy changes are big. i found the damage from cold steel not very impressive, but i think if you add up all the small damage from all your attacks ...
by myythryyn
21 Mar 2007, 20:25
Topic: question about cold steel
Replies: 10
Views: 2700

does anyone know when the 1.5 patch will be available and where can i get some additional info? are you asking because you dont have HOF and are playing by the old rules? if i were you, i would just buy HOF. thats what i did as soon as i learned that nival favored players with HOF and only gave the...
by myythryyn
21 Mar 2007, 14:42

ok Apocalypse, im just not sure i like the idea of removable skills. how does a creature forget a skill? i suppose the creature could still know how to do the skill, but just doesnt use it and uses the new skill instead. i always think of skills as something learned, and usually you can unlearn some...
by myythryyn
21 Mar 2007, 13:53

that is an interesting idea Apocalypse. would this ability to train creatures be a built in "racial skill", something like creature training that all heroes have? the only problems i could see, is since it wouldnt make sense that skills could be unlearned, you would be stuck with whatever ...
by myythryyn
21 Mar 2007, 13:44
Topic: H5 - Single to multiplayer?
Replies: 2
Views: 1953

here is how you can change maps from multi to single player and vice versa https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4191 as for copying terrain, i dont know of anyway to do it. i once tried to select, copy and then paste terrain objects onto another map, but that didnt work either. i ...
by myythryyn
21 Mar 2007, 13:38

i agree with jolly joker. the only games i can think of that had creature xp, such as age of wonders, and disciples, all had single creatures not stacks. creature xp works great when you have single creatures, but when you have stacks, it gets too complicated. i would personally hate that everytime ...
by myythryyn
20 Mar 2007, 17:00
Topic: 1.41 - autosave fix actually "works"?
Replies: 9
Views: 2621

i dont use autosave because it makes the turns even more longer than they already are....
i would rather use F5 for a quick save when needed.
by myythryyn
17 Mar 2007, 04:25
Topic: H5 Editor map-objects
Replies: 6
Views: 4086

thats because nival had the incredibly brilliant idea of removing those objects from your menu. nival decided that since those objects serve no purpose and were only used for decoration, then they must be removed, after all, who wants decoration for their maps. this also for some reason falls into w...

Go to advanced search