Search found 108 matches

by Arqane
19 Oct 2006, 17:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Sorcery Skill
Replies: 12
Views: 4347

Off topic : The sequence of creature to take action in combat is now more complicated by appearance of “initiative” concept. When one of our unit take into action, and we decide the unit to “wait”, how can we determine the new sequence ? It is very annoying and dangerous that we don’t know when wil...
by Arqane
18 Oct 2006, 21:22

It's the same thing as saying you start over at 0.1, 0.2, or 0.3, and then count your Initiative as 10, and then doing the somewhat overly-complex math to turn the initiatives into decimals and run them through a loop adding their initiative each time until they get to 1.0, and restart the whole pro...
by Arqane
18 Oct 2006, 20:04
Topic: Battle Dive of Imp Griffin
Replies: 17
Views: 5823

I have a suspicion that AI-led Imperial Griffins will only target units which it knows it'll hit, i.e. units that won't act before it's next action. Yeah, that's for sure. I've seen that lots of times as well. If they don't get an auto-hit this way, they will do a standard action instead. The griff...
by Arqane
18 Oct 2006, 19:47

Well, 10 + x% is very close, but you have to change the numbers slightly when adding as opposed to subtracting (100-33%=66, 66+50%=100). The actual numbers, if you wanted to do it this way are: No Sorcery = 10 Init Basic Sorcery = 11.1 Init Advanced Sorcery = 12.5 Init Expert Sorcery = 14.3 Init Tha...
by Arqane
18 Oct 2006, 19:24
Topic: Dungeon troops better led by a demon lord?
Replies: 14
Views: 4784

I much prefer knight heroes for the troops. Even with the -2 Leadership (which is pretty easy to make up with Knight's leadership), it's still extremely powerful. Dungeon troops have great stats, but there's fairly few of them. Defense is much more important than offense in my opinion. They've alrea...
by Arqane
18 Oct 2006, 03:31

-The base Initiative of any hero is 10. -Sorcery adds +x% to the 10 Initiative if you cast a spell for 1 turn -Only one hero has a specialty that will change base Initiative. -'Mass' spells do not take Sorcery into account, they are already 50% faster (I'm almost 100% sure, someone correct me if I'm...
by Arqane
16 Oct 2006, 18:46
Topic: The best level 4 creature
Replies: 29
Views: 9844

Yeah, I suppose that's the problem with potentially the most powerful of a tier. It's much more likely to be targetted, making it less powerful than it could have been :D .
by Arqane
16 Oct 2006, 09:47

Raiders hit fourth because the AI targets them and they are fragile, thus it is hard to build a substantial supply. Offensively they are top notch though. Stat-wise, Raiders are either number 1 or 2 in every category. They've got double the hit points of almost every other tier 4, and only 1 defens...
by Arqane
15 Oct 2006, 18:20

Yeah, it's very situational. I also chose the Grims because, while they're extremely hard to use well, they're extremely powerful when done right. They're excellent high tier killers, and can wreak havoc on the rest if you do it right.
by Arqane
12 Oct 2006, 09:47
Topic: nature's luck without nature's luck?
Replies: 44
Views: 10986

Well, the town that gives a luck bonus on the defense might have something to do with it. Though it's not supposed to be that much, there might be a bug about it. Also, I could pretty easily see the town bonus stacking past the normal 50% bonus. It would be fairly easy to overlook that. Anyway, just...
by Arqane
11 Oct 2006, 18:29
Topic: Master of... something
Replies: 16
Views: 3506

Well, I suppose it would be nice if the skills gave you the non-mass version of the spell. If you learned it from the Mage Guild (or from another means like Power of Speed), then you would get the Mass version of the spell.
by Arqane
11 Oct 2006, 18:25
Topic: Duel Hero!
Replies: 6
Views: 3005

I like the different Russian names. Irina is rougly translated Aeris (though that's a bit overused).
by Arqane
10 Oct 2006, 06:24
Topic: I do not give up with academy!
Replies: 105
Views: 19912

Well, I'd have to argue that on small maps, Academy also does well. Strictly speaking, on maps that don't have guards between the main castles, Academy will even clean out the Necros in a rush, I've done it a few times. Necros can't do much against Academy's lower tiers, especially if you go for gol...
by Arqane
10 Oct 2006, 03:16

If I am forced to do creature artifacts just to be equal with other races, it doesn't sound fair. You need 35 Mercury and 35 Sulphur to give your stacks the initiative others already have. So somewhere on month 4 you are probably on par with others, IF YOU PAY FOR IT. Initiative is crucial. (but so...
by Arqane
09 Oct 2006, 18:13

Why does Academy have the lowest overall initiative? :( That I think showes really in the endfight, which is why they never seem to have a chance. Dungeon 144 Academy 132!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven 144 Inferno 147 Necro 139 Sylvan 156 Ofcource this isn't the whole truth as initiative is differ...
by Arqane
07 Oct 2006, 16:59
Topic: Next Town - Barbarian?
Replies: 31
Views: 6115

ThunderTitan wrote:Skull of Markal - best news i heard in quite a while. And there are Tomes for each school too.
Is it just me, or am I the only one that thinks the Skull of Markal will end up dropping in Markal's campaign missions?
by Arqane
06 Oct 2006, 06:27
Topic: The most USELESS spell
Replies: 71
Views: 14924

Just a general post since it's now on the topic here. One reason I tend to dislike mods, is that they all have a tendency to become overpowered, no matter how good the intentions are of the people. I also respect people for making them, and doing fun stuff with the game, but unfortunately they alway...
by Arqane
05 Oct 2006, 04:16
Topic: The most USELESS spell
Replies: 71
Views: 14924

Well, they're not useless by any means, but the least useful would be Curse/Word. Mostly because I have won battles because of all the other spells. Wasp Swarm with it's slowing effect has saved me a few times. I remember a few battles with lots of Master Hunters in particular that I wanted to slow ...
by Arqane
05 Oct 2006, 04:02
Topic: Error in C3M2 walkthrough.
Replies: 9
Views: 3868

Been a while since I did that map, but I seem to remember proximity of your hero having alot to do with it. If your hero was only about 1 day's march from the enemy, they might just charge you. If you're well clear, they'll sail around and cause no problems.
by Arqane
05 Oct 2006, 03:59

Yeah, I was never fond of the genies in H5. You can still use them decently if you've got them, but their main idea was mostly lost. In other Heroes games, a random spell was less likely to be the same as you could normally cast with your hero. Also, you didn't have an even better (mass) version tha...

Go to advanced search