Search found 108 matches

by Arqane
04 Sep 2006, 21:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: I looked for answer in forum BUT....
Replies: 11
Views: 3846

I know this might be a little late, but if you're playing mostly the campaign, I wouldn't recommend upgrading to 1.2. There's been alot of mention about the AI getting locked in 1.2, though I haven't had it happen to me. Still something to be aware of.
by Arqane
04 Sep 2006, 21:26
Topic: Conjure Pheonix is simply ridiculous
Replies: 63
Views: 13961

Yeah, in the campaign, you should expect everything to be a bit overpowered. You have many maps to find stat-boosting locations, and the artifacts tend to be powerful, too. I actually like the way they coded the Phoenix alot. Don't forget it's main drawbacks. -It does cost alot (20 isn't cheap if yo...
by Arqane
04 Sep 2006, 21:10
Topic: So I was playing HoMM3 in the past couple days...
Replies: 15
Views: 5000

One of the design decisions I've noticed in all the Heroes games is that you don't need to have a particular map installed in order to play a savegame from it. That means each save file has to contain all the information a map file has, thus making it larger than the map itself. Which is exactly wh...
by Arqane
04 Sep 2006, 11:27

Yeah, I don't really know why it's quite so slow. Maybe if it was trying to save a graphical state, but you really don't need that, especially since there isn't a mini-picture that I can remember (but then again it's late, maybe there is :) ). Still you never know... I was one of the root causes for...
by Arqane
04 Sep 2006, 10:48

So I was playing HoMM3 in the past couple days...

And what does that have to do with HoMM5? Well, a few things, but I'm only bringing up 1 ;| . I go to save my game right at the beginning of the first campaign by habit. After naming it, I hit the save button, and grab my drink by my side. It actually took me a few seconds to realize that the messag...
by Arqane
03 Sep 2006, 06:06
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 22393

Balance-wise, I think the Tier 7s are fine. Most of them are useful, and have a decent strategic purpose. I'll add all of them to my armies when possible because they're worth the extra firepower when all things are considered. That is, except for one. The Spectral Dragon, of course. Balanced or not...
by Arqane
02 Sep 2006, 22:41
Topic: Why the dungeon can not be a "might" faction...
Replies: 46
Views: 8447

Just use a Haven Hero with Dungeon units... works quite well :D . Maeve around L20 with Mass Haste, Mass Slow and Blood Furies is... well... funny :devious: .
by Arqane
02 Sep 2006, 08:16
Forum: Articles
Topic: Last But Not Least, the Haven Tips
Replies: 49
Views: 15879

Haven Strategy

Nice guide, although a few points could be debated like you see. Everyone's got their preference in how to play, and I think a few things were missed because they weren't all tested thoroughly (who can do that anyway?) like Klaus. As for my quick points: Haven is all about cost effectiveness vs. use...

Go to advanced search