Search found 1648 matches

by okrane
21 Sep 2006, 10:54
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Irresistible magic
Replies: 389
Views: 82533

They should be just immune to all spells cast by the leading hero, allied creatures and all ennemies that do not have irresistible magic. That was the strength of warlocks/sorcerers throughout the heroes game... their ultimate creature was immune to their devastating spells. So you could cast armage...
by okrane
21 Sep 2006, 10:48
Topic: 1.3 Academy
Replies: 179
Views: 51706

yeah... he got a little carried away... I agree with restoring the infinite repair ability of Master Gremlins (maybe at a lesser power) because a single shot repair is not very useful, and maybe genies should have the possibility to cast certain spells. And of course some resource decreases... The r...
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 19:14
Topic: Massive changes in resource demands! Different game now!
Replies: 84
Views: 23893

they simply forgot to modify Necropolis... amators...

where can we see this official info?
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 18:40
Topic: Irresistible magic
Replies: 389
Views: 82533

Irresistible magic

Do you think irresistible magic should affect your own creatures?... I belive it's a major downside not being able to cast spells like fireball or armageddon when you have only your black dragons... I used to use this strategy ever since heroes 1... If you get armageddon in your mage guild might as ...
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 17:42

yeah... got it now :D
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 14:40

For spells were duration Is the only thing dependant on Spell Power, their power is increased sub-linearly with each additional Spell Power point . I don't think hero spells are sublinear... they are linear if the information in the manual is correct. For example lightning does 11 + 11*SP. But the ...
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 14:33

Are there developers from Nival posting on this forum?
It would be interesting to hear their opinion... if they can expess it on English...
So how can we hear a word from the creators?
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 11:24
Topic: An interesting flashback
Views: 47286

JJ do you truly believe that H5 doesn't have any balance problems: meaning spells vs might, creatures vs creatures, faction vs faction? Or are you just unhappy about all blaming being done here?
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 11:14

Just an example... On hard difficulty (haven't played heroic yet) on week 3 got attacked by a large Sylvan army. I was with Academy.... and he came directly at my castle... I had only citadel built and I barely managed to beat him... with major losses. On the other hand with Haven, on the same map, ...
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 10:53

In HV it all depends on how many luck you or your enemy has...
and that's a synonime for "unbalanced"... :D
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 10:45

IMO DD spells, for wizards, are good in the begining... for those annoying stacks of druids or mages that rip your army to shreads in a single cast...and until you can get proficiency in magic schools i.e. in the begining of the game i find they are the spells to use(like you said ice bold + mark of...
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 10:33

Where to begin....balancing issues (and not resource alone). Magic issues..and how weak and pathetic is has become...hmm lets see. Artifacts, need more and more variety, and not to find a dozen 'four leaf clovers'. More types of buildings, make the sea more enjoyable, geesh this is a long list..and...
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 10:25

@JJ I totaly agree with you... each town and hero has a unique way of dealing with the game. But I still feel that due to the weakening of spells, magic heroes are having a bad time... and on a high difficulty i found it very hard to face a rushing Haven of Sylvan hero, even with Jhora... which had ...
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 08:27
Topic: less talk, more action
Replies: 41
Views: 12791

H5 can be modded it's true... but if anyone would have his own mod... what woud the game become... we must reach a common denominator...
that is a mod which everyone will play... if not how can we play on-line for that matter...
by okrane
20 Sep 2006, 07:55

So where does that leave Academy? In a very good situation, I'd think. You have lots of possibilities and chances. You may pick resources at start which will give you additional Gems; even if you play with random heroes you may get Havez. You may have a nice destructive spell in the guild (but Ston...
by okrane
19 Sep 2006, 15:40

Well... if neither grafics nor gameplay are enjoyable... then it's really a mediocre game... :(
by okrane
19 Sep 2006, 15:38

As for balance. Didnt you notice that every patch cuts old features and add other in so aggressive way that the game just tearing apart. It becomes "diffrent" - that is a certain sign that nival has no idea how to balance the game. I think Nival are just pure beginers when it comes to mak...
by okrane
19 Sep 2006, 09:46

the game actually runs smoother in 1.3 for me too... but the issue here was the balancing not the graphics... I think we all agree that the graphics are great.
by okrane
19 Sep 2006, 08:58
Topic: Do casting creatures need nerfing?
Replies: 34
Views: 10760

I just hope that all the talking we're doing here will finally have some use, because I get the feeling that the creators didn't spent alot of time thinking about fans when they made the game or released the patches... I belive casters should be nerfed when in small stacks and buffed when in large s...
by okrane
18 Sep 2006, 15:57

I totaly agree that academy is having a real hard time in the early stages of developement. I'm always very low on resources and my main hero can't handle tougher creeps... Even the fact that the wizard class hero receives only knowledge is annoying.... It could be useful for item creation... but us...

Go to advanced search