Search found 1648 matches

by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 20:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?
Replies: 48
Views: 7610

sorcery i usually pick erratic mana instead of arcane training, and for destruction usually ice instead of lighting for perks Erratic mana in stead of arcane... yeah... that could work... if the cost reduction is uniformely distributed between 0 and 50 percent it would give an average of 25 which i...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 20:34
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: changes to skill requirements for ultimate skills
Replies: 71
Views: 40770

you really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Never played Sylvan(well... maybe just a little bit)... :p So ok... you win ... ballista is fine... anywho, the point is that if you look at the original requirements for getting the ulitimate specials, they took four trees with LOTS of "subo...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 20:23
Topic: your opinion on Raise Dead & Ressurect in 1.3
Replies: 85
Views: 14655

brillant :)
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 20:19
Topic: Enlightment, is it finally worth picking now?
Replies: 48
Views: 7610

I really like it for my warlock + luck and empowered spells and a massive spellpower is very effective. What is your skill tree for a warlock?... Mine has no room for Enlightment... although I admit It woud be rather nice to have it. I have the following dream tree: Destructive Magic: M of Fire, M ...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 20:12

Make it cost 15?!? Do any of you people play Necro at all? If so good luck casting it with a necromancer at all with all his knowledge... Making it harder to get, requiring a specialization and then ensuring that you will hardly be able to cast it with the only faction that can make full use of it ...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 20:07

people accepted that a nerf was in order... not necesarily this one...
It is clear that it isn't the best balancing choice...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 20:04
Topic: Ultimate abilities - too hard to get?
Replies: 10
Views: 2537

have you EVER tried to get the ulitimate special for any of your characters BEFORE this mod? it was full of non-optimal skill choices, and required FOUR complete trees, instead of 1.3 trees. *shudder* Nope I never tried because was nearly impossible... and I find it great that this mod fixes that. ...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 19:47

to balance the spell numbers out, I would also recommend "demoting" a level 3 spell to level 2. any suggestions? Earthquake maybe - and give it a very weak effect when cast w/o any proficiency in summoning magic Like that all the magic schools will remain balanced as number of spells per level.
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 19:40
Forum: Campfire
Topic: EnoughT (from H5)
Replies: 14
Views: 2857

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 19:22

spamming this spell is somewhat overpowering... I mean it has more power than an average DD spell of second level... if it were level 3 and with a higher cost... it would have been ok to not nerf it... But if you take 2 heroes with the same spell power and let's compare this spell to other spells: A...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 19:10

yeah.... ok... this wasn't exactly the topic here... the thing is Warmachines are unlikely to be offered to a ranger and there are other more useful skills: like logistics for example
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 19:06
Topic: That's ENOUGHT !!
Replies: 72
Views: 10027

yeah... i guess that it should be a native english speaker who makes the tooltips and all the text in the game... or at least someone who speaks impecable English... because if not... everyone has his own way of speaking a foreign language wich is tied to the logic of his native language. And so... ...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 18:23

Metathron wrote:Why would he have to give up Archery?

Because you would like to get Flaming arrows also... to increase the usefulness of the ballista wich in end-game becomes kinda weak...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 18:14

I think it's good they way they are Nothing was more annoying prior to this patch like a mage that took your castle and spammed raise dead. it is a rather cheap spell and if the armies were small or medium sized you could lose the battle just because of the mage's huge mana pool with wich he could r...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 18:05

I posted this in another thread... so sorry for those who read it twice. I have a humble suggestion to make: I must say this mod is great but I would love that the ultimate would fit better in the optimal skill tree of every hero. I mean: -for necro: power of speed it's just plain useless for a necr...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 17:59

Well that's what I was afraid of... There are some requierements that aren't in the optimal skill list for the class hero. Meaning: -for necro: power of speed it's just plain useless for a necromancer. If you have attack with a necro IMHO you would definately get Battle Frenzy and Archery. I mean I ...
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 17:20

What are the requierements for the ultimates in that mod?
by okrane
Sep 23 2006, 14:44
Topic: 1.3 Academy
Replies: 179
Views: 33942

ok... so let's start make a list of what is in order to balance Academy and then someone make a little mod. Here's what I believe it should be done: - M Gremlins should heal infinitely but at a reduced power. - Reduce resource cost of some buidings: Mage Tower -5 sulphur, also Raksasa's building cos...
by okrane
Sep 22 2006, 8:59
Topic: Let's balance Academy...
Replies: 26
Views: 4474

I suggest another tweak for academy... the artifacts you create increase power with the increase of hero knowledge. I mean if at knowledge 3 you create an artifact with +1 to life, when you reach 5 knowledge automaticaly the artifact becomes +2 to life. This way you don't have to return to town and ...
by okrane
Sep 21 2006, 10:57
Topic: An interesting flashback
Replies: 179
Views: 31256

What's the point to all this talking and bringing forward other games...
We agree that we disagree... So we should just try to do something constructive... if it can be done...

Go to advanced search