Search found 5240 matches

by Elvin
02 Jan 2012, 20:56
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 26771

Dark messiah was loads of fun, it made me like first person games for the first time :)
by Elvin
02 Jan 2012, 09:14

That pissed me off the other day yes.. Online saves are not compatible with offline so if your saves are online and the conflux is down you are temporarily screwed. This had better change in the future.. Still, at half price? I wouldn't think much about getting it.
by Elvin
01 Jan 2012, 13:41

Before 1.2 it was a rather risky purchase - in that certain very annoying bugs could appear or not. 1.1 had returned a number of bugs that had been fixed and the picture didn't look all that appealing. Now there are still enough bugs for the devs to squash but frankly? It is so much better now, I'd ...
by Elvin
17 Nov 2011, 17:25
Topic: Exploit: Farming unlimited EXP for Dynasty Weapon
Replies: 11
Views: 11176

For the record the devs are aware of the exploit.
by Elvin
17 Nov 2011, 17:22
Topic: Please help! Stronghold Campaign 3
Replies: 2
Views: 2090

I'm surprised you had losses. I used to have those guys for breakfast, all it took was reinforcements on the panthers and an all-round slash. Rest were easy pickings with archery/counterstrike III and I also used vampirism to minimize losses.
by Elvin
13 Nov 2011, 14:36
Topic: Faction analysis: Stronghold
Replies: 4
Views: 3847

Re: unbalanced

But your stronghold Might heroes all have access to Mass Heal , Mass Life Drain, Mass regeneration. And they WILL spam these spells nonstop. With 1 charge no they won't. Life drain is fun but at 10-15% not really spectacular. A magic hero can decrease another's spellpower through his own and there'...
by Elvin
12 Nov 2011, 23:45
Topic: difference between factions' heroes?
Replies: 4
Views: 2749

I miss the faction specific skills of H5 and hope that the future H6 skill paths will be less uniform than they currently are. We have been pushing in this direction for a while. For now the only consolation is that not all skills/spells have the same usefulness for each faction and of course the fa...
by Elvin
19 Oct 2011, 21:28
Topic: One last wish, please hear me out
Replies: 17
Views: 8654

Look.. Someone who gives a game 0 because it lacks black dragons of because it lacks a hex grid is obviously a troll. Or has issues. If you paid any attention to the masterpost I am asking for honest reviewers and if you believe the game is worth 5/10 that is fair and I am sure you have your reasons...
by Elvin
19 Oct 2011, 20:22

mr.hackcrag wrote:Elvin, just get a bunch of trolls to rate it a 5/5 and it will balance out.
That comment is made of win :D
by Elvin
19 Oct 2011, 19:59

Ah the wonders of the internets :) Where derailing a thread is a lot more important than actually reading into it and contributing in some way. You know, the whole reason why threads get made. Yes when someone rates a game of this quality, regardless of bugs and issues as 0 or 1/5 he is a troll. Tha...
by Elvin
19 Oct 2011, 15:48

One last wish, please hear me out

Monday, the day I join the army draws close so this is my last chance to do something meaningful for the community. I also have one last request for you, anyone willing to spend a little time to help me out. Amazon and metacritic have an infestation of trolls that give 0/5 or 1/5 for the game on the...
by Elvin
16 Oct 2011, 14:06
Topic: Chronological order of missions? (spoilers)
Replies: 39
Views: 33535

In the meantime I decided to play them campaign by campaign instead of jumping around. I admit that I love putting the pieces together after I have seen the whole picture :) Starting with stronghold and sanctuary seems safer though, since they are outsiders and are less likely to be connected to the...
by Elvin
13 Oct 2011, 05:22
Topic: Fans for Heroes Campaign!
Views: 8846

If you preordered on ubishop, the game is available! Start dowloading!
by Elvin
11 Oct 2011, 21:00
Topic: Heroes VI first review - 8.5/10
Replies: 15
Views: 8123

A press version if I had to guess. The reviews I have read so far are kind to the game :)
by Elvin
09 Oct 2011, 16:38
Topic: Retaliation Poll
Replies: 28
Views: 12450

Some units have half range, also obstacles reduce ranged dmg. @ sim ret Yeah yeah some cases would make sense but you can't just take into account weapon length, reflexes, coordination etc for all units or how many of the defenders can pull off a successful hit when they are under attack and other s...
by Elvin
09 Oct 2011, 16:24
Topic: General Thoughts on the Homm VI Demo?
Replies: 37
Views: 18398

In all fairness you had probably been playing H3 for at least several years ;|
by Elvin
09 Oct 2011, 11:46

Having practiced aikido for some time I know well enough that it is possible to 'retaliate' simultaneously or slightly earlier than the attack comes. However that takes incredible coordination and mobility which can take a while to gain and more importantly be confident enough to use naturally under...
by Elvin
09 Oct 2011, 11:15

Counter attack of course. Sim retaliation was freaking annoying and made little sense too. I can see why nwc decided to implement it but it certainly alienated me, also I no longer see the reason to consider it when the first strike in H6 is nowhere near as decisive as in the past.
by Elvin
08 Oct 2011, 14:31
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Grail Stronghold
Replies: 12
Views: 6166

Grail Stronghold

A great idea - Though I'd rather see something more than just a lighting effect. Something to make the town look grander, more advanced.
by Elvin
06 Oct 2011, 22:37
Forum: News
Topic: RPGWatch Preview
Replies: 3
Views: 2373

RPGWatch Preview

Thanks guys!

Go to advanced search