Search found 857 matches

by vhilhu
17 Aug 2006, 08:28
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Devil Evolution
Replies: 56
Views: 34462

quiz answer: ThunderTitan?
i have been on this forum for a few days but some things like who are top-posters are always so obvious.
by vhilhu
17 Aug 2006, 04:37
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Are war machines of any significant use?
Replies: 37
Views: 11657

maybe when sieging a castle there should be another option - cancel siege? it makes sense too. or the castle towers are coming to chase you and kill all your troops while you run away.
by vhilhu
17 Aug 2006, 04:34
Forum: Articles
Topic: Artificial Intelligence
Replies: 9
Views: 6667

Artificial Intelligence

in wog the AI is not so good.

except when he has expert scouting and gets gold dragons to join him for free on week 2. i restarted that map.
by vhilhu
17 Aug 2006, 03:38
Topic: Artifacts
Replies: 70
Views: 33327

Artifacts

increases hero's attack by +3

says my moonblade description.
by vhilhu
17 Aug 2006, 03:32
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Devil Evolution
Replies: 56
Views: 34462

quite off-topic:
why do i get the feeling that daemianlucifers number of posts decrease every day? i saw yesterday a 10 there, now its 8, does it mean that posts delete by themselves?

btw i voted H5 arch. steroids and space suits rule.
by vhilhu
16 Aug 2006, 12:33
Topic: Expansion HOMM 5
Replies: 525
Views: 134677

but when my town is maxed out i can still recruit less than 2000 gold worth of sprites. while i can recruit 9400 gold + 2 gems worth of dragons. and the cost really shows their usefulness.
by vhilhu
15 Aug 2006, 17:31

basically barbarians did conquer the Roman Empire, because byzantium was not much of an empire anymore, just a quite big country. until Justinianus came and made it empire again. and then madyars (barbs once again, low-tier) took byzantium's balkan peninsula. who in H4 was 4+ per week? in some expan...
by vhilhu
15 Aug 2006, 16:58
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H-V Map Editor, "Now that I've played much of the game&
Replies: 44
Views: 22881

i havent got any expansion :(
but homm3WOG and homm5 are both better than homm4 anyway.
ill keep making my wog map.

but i can hope some brushes will be built-in by ubi. i hate seeking patches and fanmade tools over the internet. lazy me.
by vhilhu
15 Aug 2006, 16:45

fine, if you want a better historic example, take this: finno-russian war. per 1 dead finn there were 5 dead russians. tier difference. but still finns ran out of their "high-tier" troops, russians didnt, although they lost more, they still had larger masses in stock. conclusion: Finland g...
by vhilhu
15 Aug 2006, 13:29
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H-V Map Editor, "Now that I've played much of the game&
Replies: 44
Views: 22881

maybe 2 different map editors? HOMM III map editor was less powerful than HOMM IV, but it took 5 times less time to make a detailed map. in HOMM IV, eg placing trees was a routine pain. trees should already have premade groups, elseway it takes forever. that(too time-needing) is probably the main re...
by vhilhu
15 Aug 2006, 12:35

but eventually barbarians (low tier) conquered romans (high tier), right? and im not saying that low and medium must get stronger, i say there should be more of them compared to level 7. maybe eg citadel/castle bonus shouldnt affect 7. level? i think 1 level 7 per week would be enough. but i for exa...
by vhilhu
15 Aug 2006, 09:57

no, i think it that eg hordes of imps should later in the game make a stronger part of the army than devils. like some critic said about Emperor: battle for Dune: all tactics are replaced by the race of who can get the superunits first.
by vhilhu
15 Aug 2006, 09:18

the medusa unit itself should be weak and slow. the deathstare ability (or stonegaze) should kill a very small amount of troops, like 1 per 15 medusas. this way it makes medusas into a unit which is weak against lowertier enemies (like hordes of imps) but good against uppertier enemies (like a pack ...
by vhilhu
15 Aug 2006, 00:13
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version
Replies: 153
Views: 141058

is wog still alive? :S i mean last news on http://wakeofthegods.strategyplanet.gam ... news.shtml were posted on 2004.

btw i dont know how did it happen, but my skeletons are actually stronger than skeleton warriors.
by vhilhu
14 Aug 2006, 23:12

no, i just checked again HOMM IV Medusa stonegaze rightclick info: "This creature's Stone Gaze attack has a chance (depending on the strength of the creature) of killing enemies instantly by turning them into stone." the strength must mean unit level or PEON(peasant equivalent opponent num...
by vhilhu
14 Aug 2006, 21:18

FORTRESS i want fortress(homm III swamp/reptile castle) back. with a new name, this one doesnt really describe it. medusas would fit right in. hydras are in dungeon already, but lizardmen and dragonflies and basilisks and wyverns are still out there! if they (ubi) cant think of enough units, they co...
by vhilhu
13 Aug 2006, 22:06
Topic: Artifacts
Replies: 70
Views: 33327

Artifacts

i am playing my first FFA vs computers and i found without description Helm of Chaos.

And i found Moonblade, a purple sword that is, as i found out, actually a shield! so i have 2 swords equipped on the same time. this(HOMMV) is a seriously buggy thing. btw i have collector's edition.

Go to advanced search