Re: David Mullich Interview

A transcript would be nice
by vhilhu
15 Apr 2012, 17:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Blackhole is probably going bankrupt
Replies: 38
Views: 23166

Mozared wrote:So where's UBI's side of the story?
Because Ubisoft is a much larger and more notable institution than Black Hole, it's probably in Ubisoft's PR interests that they won't comment - because commenting would give much more light to this story regardless of the content of their comment
by vhilhu
22 Mar 2012, 23:51
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 101
Views: 160923

Public Domain (might not fit the actual homm2 palette)
by vhilhu
19 Oct 2011, 17:59
Topic: One last wish, please hear me out
Replies: 17
Views: 8558

There is no "pure logic" in your post, or in real life in general. First part of the phrase is your opinion,based on nothing . First you say: "To OP:" Then you say: "Every one ,who does not agree with you -you place into the category of trolls or idiots ,who do it for lols ...
by vhilhu
19 Oct 2011, 17:27

Why the game which requires support of flamming fans must be rated high ? Here you imply that a lack of flaming anti-game trolls means an abundance of flaming fans, that flaming must be some kind of cosmic constant when it comes to discussing & rating video games. This doesn't make sense. The i...
by vhilhu
19 Oct 2011, 17:09

Anyone who takes Metacritic or Amazon ratings into consideration, be it a Ubisoft manager or average Joe deciding whether to buy something or not, is a friggin' moron [...] No, I am not implying that gaming magazines or websites are any better But how should the "average Joe" decide which...
by vhilhu
04 Oct 2011, 12:40
Topic: An inauspicious parallel between Heroes VI and TA Kingdoms
Replies: 9
Views: 11653

HoMM has always been very influential in Eastern Europe, most of which is slavic-speaking. Recently in China there seems to have been increasing interest in HoMM. That is why the two "good" factions in Heroes VI are slavs (Castle) and east-asians (Sanctuary). I too hate this pandering of ...
by vhilhu
04 Oct 2011, 11:58
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 172293

I did some statistics on the unit concept arts shown in the original post! In the upper row is the number of units without magical glowy/fiery/flowy/windy/"aura" parts (counting weapons in). In the lower row is the number of units with such parts. ------------------ haven ***** * ***** ***...
by vhilhu
04 Oct 2011, 05:57
Topic: An inauspicious parallel between Heroes VI and TA Kingdoms
Replies: 9
Views: 11653

they made it like a documentary and had you play through all essential battles in their game history. What failed them was that you didn’t care enough for any side to push for them; they were just characters in a fictional history. I don't share that sentiment... that sounds like just the kind of p...
by vhilhu
01 Oct 2011, 18:49
Topic: Breathing new life into Heroes of Might & Magic
Replies: 60
Views: 33122

Re: Breathing new life into Heroes of Might & Magic

The only game that came with a good solution for the basic problem is H4. Teaming up heroes exponentially increases tactical play and allows even low level heroes to play a decisive part. The fact that heroes are strong compared to creatures, while considered flawed by some (definately not by me!),...
by vhilhu
01 Oct 2011, 18:20
Topic: Yet Another H6 Rant?
Replies: 14
Views: 9365

I disagree. There's some very powerful imagery about heroes riding horses... like Napoleon, or Richard Lionheart, or Aragorn. There's something very specifically _heroic_ & kingly about riding a horse and galloping around the map, while a hero riding a flashy fantasy creature makes it another w...
by vhilhu
28 Sep 2011, 16:46
Topic: Yet Another H6 Rant?
Replies: 14
Views: 9365

I would like to add mounts. In H5 every faction had a unique mount that fit its faction. Haven - Horses Dungeon - Giant Lizards Sylvan - Unicorns Necropolis - Phantom Horse (unsure about that) Academy - Elephants Stronghold - Buffaloes Fortress - Mammoths Inferno - They don't need any hindering mou...
by vhilhu
18 Sep 2011, 04:20
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 94951

Hello. I do not share or understand the sentiment behind the title of the thread: "A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game". "ended my love for this game"? Do you mean, ended my love for the Heroes of Might and Magic/Might and Magic: Heroes franchise? If a ne...
by vhilhu
07 Nov 2010, 12:57
Topic: hero-levels-up window screenshots through the series
Replies: 0
Views: 1410

hero-levels-up window screenshots through the series

Hello,

could you post screenshots of the hero-levels-up window from Heroes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5?
by vhilhu
15 Sep 2010, 11:58
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod
Replies: 309
Views: 251781

Hello; I found a HoMM2-style basilisk the other day, in Public Domain:

http://opengameart.org/content/heroesof ... e-basilisk
by vhilhu
12 Sep 2010, 22:51
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Any other old forum people coming back now that H6 started?
Replies: 55
Views: 21788

I even remembered my password.

Has there been a release of WoG in recent times?
by vhilhu
26 Aug 2008, 22:38
Topic: Elemental/Mechanical Dragon Evolution
Replies: 13
Views: 7671

The Magma Dragon was massively unpopular when it first came, but I have always supported it, as i do now.
by vhilhu
26 Aug 2008, 22:36
Topic: Mega Dragon Evolution
Replies: 30
Views: 14275

All are ugly as hell. The graphic designers must've been drunk or something or, "Hey, know what would be totally awesome?" "Another dragon??" "HELL YEAH! THOU ART BRILLIANT!"
by vhilhu
26 Aug 2008, 22:32
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Yet Another Online Heroes!
Replies: 24
Views: 11530

At least the title is appealing.
by vhilhu
26 Aug 2008, 22:29
Topic: Insectoid Evolution
Replies: 19
Views: 8819

So these polls still keep going >_>

Anyways. HOMM3 Dragonfly. It doesnt look that good, but i have really good memories of that unit. Amongst other perks gave fortress caster almost always the first spell. :please:

Go to advanced search