Search found 72 matches

by loran16
05 Jun 2007, 15:25
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes III Expansion difficulty
Replies: 25
Views: 8511

For the main campaign in blade, the first two missions require early rushes. First mission, a rush immediately should be a really quick win. Don't bother the neutral towns, they have enough disabled resources that the mission should be over quickly. the 2nd mission , you NEED to rush. On your way so...
by loran16
31 May 2007, 13:58
Forum: Articles
Topic: Deconstructed, Part 3
Replies: 50
Views: 11639

Heroes V Deconstructed (3)

Seriously....who cares about the story? I like to know WHY I'm doing a certain mission, but besides that, HoMaM has always been about the gameplay. And Titan, what the hell is your issue with H5? The gameplay follows the same route as H3, which is universally acknowledged as the best of the first 4,...
by loran16
29 May 2007, 22:25
Forum: News
Topic: Scoop: Alternate Inferno Upgrades
Replies: 62
Views: 14144

Scoop: Alternate Inferno Upgrades

Intresting....the units here actually seem srtonger, as opposed to the dungeon alt upgrades....

Also, the pit spawn is a melee unit
by loran16
08 Mar 2007, 22:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: has anyone played the last Ranger Mission in 1.4?
Replies: 1
Views: 1354

has anyone played the last Ranger Mission in 1.4?

Im curious, has anyone played the last ranger mission in 1.4 with the necro changes?

It was my favorite mission ever in 1.0, since it was so ridiculously challenging and you felt like you were going up against epic opponents.
by loran16
08 Mar 2007, 22:33
Topic: !!! New Fortres tactic, or a copy of the old one? !!!
Replies: 18
Views: 6169

I just wanted to comment that the strategy is powerful, but not that easy to accomplish, so its quite fair imo. That said, this strategy is what got me by C2M5 in HoF. Lazzlo charged me around the fifth week, and i had a bunch of magma dragons. I had the pheonix feather cape and was doing 1200 a sho...
by loran16
07 Mar 2007, 19:47
Topic: Rune of Charge.....bit too swingy?
Replies: 9
Views: 5000

I dont really agree that these are the same circumstances...., sure the warlock lost his best spell, but its in a high level structure that is known to be random. A 1st level rune you can acquire on one of the first few days robs all hope out of the dwarven player, wheras that warlock isnt going to ...
by loran16
07 Mar 2007, 16:12
Topic: Rune of Charge.....bit too swingy?
Replies: 9
Views: 5000

Rune of Charge.....bit too swingy?

I've noticed that the power of dwarven forces in the early game (and a little in late game) is ridiculously enhanced by a hero with the rune of charge. Now, you have a 50% chance of getting the rune, and if you don't get it in a multiplayer game, you seem to be extremely disadvantaged compared to ot...
by loran16
06 Mar 2007, 17:33
Topic: Patch 2.1 - Rune magic bugged?
Replies: 20
Views: 6932

I dont seem to have this problem in 2.1..... Some of the other non charge/magic immunity/dracoform runes require some conditions to be met though (dispel, berzerk, resurrection).....so maybe thats the issue? Mind you, if you have rune of charge you're fine (If you didn't well thats a severe depoweri...
by loran16
08 Sep 2006, 14:18
Topic: Probability skills and Soldier's Luck
Replies: 11
Views: 3853

SOldiers luck also affects incoporality, making ghosts much more annoying to face.
by loran16
08 Sep 2006, 13:54
Topic: Inferno - mission 3
Replies: 32
Views: 9814

I just beat this mission on heroic 1.2. Couple points: I had a less than optimal agrael build (dark magic still hadnt appeared to me), so no mass slow. I rushed the north west town. After i took it, with help from the treants from the miliatry post, i noticed a few things: 1. If you wait too long, G...
by loran16
12 Aug 2006, 06:28
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 91
Views: 74529

The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

(Continued from above-posted by accident)-

WIthout the skellie archers from the first time you fight nicolai, its no difficulty to defeat nicolai despite his 6-7 weeks of Necro armies in a castle. Had i had to take Vlad, i wouldve died, but nicolai was abreeze.
by loran16
12 Aug 2006, 06:26
Topic: The Ranger - The Vampire Lord
Replies: 91
Views: 74529

The Ranger - The Vampire Lord

I just finished this mission (Version 1.0..was afraid to update till ranger campaign was over due to hearing about certain bugs), and found a little interesting things. First i took on raven not so early, since i didnt get res until this level (Mission 3 got word of light TWICE!). In fact i had to b...

Go to advanced search