Search found 1242 matches

by ByteBandit
11 Feb 2006, 03:59
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: What type of map(story-wise) do you prefer?
Replies: 51
Views: 23077

This unnamed mapmaker voted for the 3rd choice. I do like to have some sort of story, but I concentrate heavily on the strategic part of the game. keeping in mind the story at hand. But some of you may be like me and play maps from all over the world where story sometimes just cannot be interpreted.
by ByteBandit
10 Feb 2006, 13:04
Topic: How much time to make a map
Replies: 75
Views: 24923

Yes, everyone has their opinion on how much text should be in a map. So, I'll give mine. I like a map with text to read every other day or so. But not every day. And not continually pushing the "Okay" button. And for me, the story about the map should only be within a two or three week tim...
by ByteBandit
10 Feb 2006, 03:11

I find that once I have the story pretty well intact, now comes the actual making of the map. And within this frame, I, like many will use the paintbrush. But I find that when I use it, it does'nt seem to always fit the land I'm trying to make. So, I find most of my time, after using the paintbrush,...
by ByteBandit
06 Feb 2006, 03:17
Topic: Evergreen maps
Replies: 16
Views: 9673

For me in H3, I like Ad Hominen (A French map) and Fallen Star the most. I always play those a lot. And also Eight Player Cutthroat for H3 as well. Whenever I have to reboot for any reason and have to start over, I make sure these maps are always in my map folder.
by ByteBandit
04 Feb 2006, 04:58

Why didn't you ever release it? I put it up on the WoG Archive and then started getting involved with the Asian Community, getting the East and the West together for trade information pertaining to HoMM3/WoG. This seems more important to me right now than releasing it. But it's there to play and if...
by ByteBandit
04 Feb 2006, 03:45

?? My H3 maps take between 6 months to a year to make. The maps I made for H3/WoG took almost the same time to make as you stated also. Deception Pass, which I never released publicly, took almost 1 full year to perfect. I would say it IS possible, surely, to make a H3 map in 2 days or so, but I wo...
by ByteBandit
03 Feb 2006, 14:47

How much time to make a map

I was curious to hear from the mapmakers out there how long it takes for you to make a map. And how long it should take to build a map from scratch to the testing phase. Let's break it down to size first and then decorations and then storyline.
by ByteBandit
30 Jan 2006, 05:07
Forum: News
Topic: News Supression Pact
Replies: 128
Views: 37236

News Supression Pact

The HoMM3 Map Archives Web site is just getting off the ground, but you have our support on this in anyway Pol and I can help.
by ByteBandit
30 Jan 2006, 05:02
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: WoG d/l sites!
Replies: 4
Views: 6870

This may be good to post as a sticky, for the new WoG players that may be having problems. The sites listed by Pol. Just a thought. :-)
by ByteBandit
30 Jan 2006, 04:58
Topic: The right looks
Replies: 25
Views: 22797

I am an unfortunate unowner of anything Heroes 4. I'm still waiting here in North America for the Heroes 4 Complete to come out. Now, I do have a lot of other heroes games such as I, II and III and WoG of course. I really want to get H4 complete so I can experience Equilibrus and what it does. H5 fo...
by ByteBandit
21 Jan 2006, 04:55
Topic: Making Maps under WoG
Replies: 6
Views: 6548

It seems that the WoG Map Editor is on Wake of Gods Map Archive I to be precise. I've asked Grayface to put it up also on WoG Archive II. Which is probably why it's good to be on both sites as there are a lot of utilities on both, and it seems that all utilities are updated constantly.
by ByteBandit
14 Jan 2006, 16:53
Topic: It feels good to be back
Replies: 5
Views: 6241

Hello Kitty....er....Cheshire..... :D
by ByteBandit
14 Jan 2006, 16:48

I guess what I meant by replayability, is playing the map again a long time from the first time I played it. Like six months from the original time I played it. Because there is always a map that you play that sticks in your mind and you enjoyed it. I design maps that you want to go back and play ag...
by ByteBandit
14 Jan 2006, 15:33

Also, for me, the map does'nt necessarily have to be hard to win to be enjoyable. If the story and the decorations hold my interest, then the map is truly worth playing again. So I guess I judge a map on it's replayabilty quality. (Is it worth playing again?)
by ByteBandit
14 Jan 2006, 03:51

I have to agree with Kalah here. A map should have plenty of decrorative elements to it, especially if you play it over and over again. It may take more time to create the great map, but like anything else, it'll pay off in the end. Almost all the highly rated maps are also a pleasure to look at as ...
by ByteBandit
14 Dec 2005, 04:14
Topic: The Future of MapHaven
Replies: 2
Views: 3024

Hopefully The HoMm3 Map Archives, which is still in the works, will hold people over for an H3 fix. I have'nt discussed it with Pol yet, but I am considering making something for HoMM2, possibly HoMM1 as well, in the HoMM3 Map Archives. So far this is just speculation on my part, but the need is the...
by ByteBandit
21 Nov 2005, 14:00
Topic: Free Hosting for your Heroes Site!
Replies: 11
Views: 3749

I suppose I could let a few things out what the site will be all about. Of course we will have maps and campaigns for H3, but we also plan to be the source for H3 map testing, as well as script, graphics and utilities testing. We won't say we will incorporate many other H3 sites into this one, (i.e....
by ByteBandit
20 Nov 2005, 08:55

It will not be the ByteBandit Map Archives. It will be the Heroes 3 Map Archives, since I am not the soul owner of this group. Pol, who many are familiar with on the Forums and I, will run the site, much like we did with the group Archives, but this time, there will be some prominent members of the ...
by ByteBandit
19 Nov 2005, 18:51

I just sent you one back AS with the necessary changes. Hope this is more of an improvement.
by ByteBandit
19 Nov 2005, 17:39

We have always wanted to work with CH and now we feel we can. The ByteBandit Map Archives would like to move here and become "Heroes III Map Archive Unleashed." We would like to post everything we have on all 10 group sites into one Web site. Thanks for the opportunity. Edited on Sat, Nov ...

Go to advanced search