Search found 1242 matches

by ByteBandit
16 Sep 2006, 14:35
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Q about map distribution
Replies: 28
Views: 13092

Thelonious wrote:
And that's why I think that a mapmaker should be contacted if her/his map is published, on some archives this happens all to often. I for one would not want my map there...
Yes, I agree with that too. On our Archives, we don't publish maps that have been reduplicated this way.
by ByteBandit
16 Sep 2006, 01:27

And to continue with how I feel about this topic, once a map is up on a site, the map is just up there, period. And once a map is downloaded, it is now in the possession of the person whose downloaded it. And so this is where the Honor system comes into play. And hopefully it will continue in the tr...
by ByteBandit
15 Sep 2006, 02:15

This is how, I feel on the subject. When I get a map and the grammar and spelling is bad, I feel that if it's in my possession, I can correct that. I cannot stand to play a truly good map with bad spelling! (I speak English and I know some of my fellow HoMM players do not. Thus the bad English. And ...
by ByteBandit
11 Sep 2006, 04:59
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: cheat codes for wog that work
Replies: 7
Views: 33820

personally I think codes are for players that doesn't know how to play and only want to win. Playing isn't fun unless there is a challenge in it. :disagree: Well, the cheat codes, for better or for worse, also make a good tool for testing your scripts or your maps before you allow others to test th...
by ByteBandit
09 Sep 2006, 13:40
Topic: Shadow of Death Campaign (how do I put it back? )
Replies: 3
Views: 5376

Ya5MieL wrote:No need to have 2 installations... simply click on h3complete.exe or h3sod.exe instead of wog one (in your heroes folder) and you will have your old heroes
And when you do this, of course, you will have to have the Heroes 3 Complete CD in your computer.
by ByteBandit
04 Sep 2006, 18:14
Forum: News
Topic: On the Power of the Priestess
Replies: 15
Views: 6507

On the Power of the Priestess

I'm sure that once it's released and more people play it and complain about the problem, they (Ubi) will come out with a patch to fix it or someone will come up with a mod to correct it.
by ByteBandit
31 Aug 2006, 02:23
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: www.gram.pl
Replies: 10
Views: 6496

For me, I think it's okay to have your maps and campaigns on CD and available to everyone. But not to profit from it with out permission. If people had my stuff on their CD's, I'm cool with that, but don't make a living at it. Just hand them out for others to play for free. That was my intent all al...
by ByteBandit
28 Aug 2006, 00:27
Topic: Pros & Cons of WoG
Replies: 30
Views: 19547

These towns will happen, there's no doubt in my mind. I can't say how it will all be done as far as replacements go. In any event, Bastion will fit in as far as a HoMM3 storyline will go. Most definitely the Drows will be HoMM3 story driven. Forge will have it's limits. It will be a fun town to be s...
by ByteBandit
27 Aug 2006, 21:54

I know a lot of work has gone into making the forge town, but I'm not a big fan of it. I would rather see the Drow town come to life than the Forge. Makes more sense to have Drows than robots.... :)
by ByteBandit
25 Aug 2006, 01:14
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Assassins Creed
Replies: 24
Views: 6985

Assassins Creed

I just checked out the screenies of this game. It's just mind blowing. The graphics of this game are truly incredible! What do you think of it?

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

Ubisoft may have something here. I hope it also comes out for PC.
by ByteBandit
15 Aug 2006, 02:51
Topic: Ghosts of the Past Continues
Replies: 25
Views: 7536

It was the pointy hat that gave it all away! :D
by ByteBandit
13 Aug 2006, 02:59
Topic: Looking Back at the Reviews
Replies: 20
Views: 7670

Looking Back at the Reviews

We took a poll over on WoG Archives I about what everyone thought of Heroes 5. Here were the results: 1.Best game of the series! 2 2.Like the game very much 3 3.It's okay 11 4.Worst game I ever played 0 5.Computer lacks specs to play it 9 25 voters only. What I gathered from the voters, the game is ...
by ByteBandit
10 Aug 2006, 01:11
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Angel evolution
Replies: 66
Views: 38305

Had to go with the H3 Angel. It's basic, simple and just has that Angel appearance to it.
by ByteBandit
09 Aug 2006, 13:51
Topic: Do You Like Expansions?
Replies: 16
Views: 6068

I voted skip them. I don't buy games when thy first come out. I usually wait for what everyone thinks of the game. And I know every game comes out with expansions anyway. So, if a game is good, I'll wait for when they come out with a "complete" version, then get it.
by ByteBandit
05 Aug 2006, 03:59
Topic: Neverwinter Nights News
Replies: 442
Views: 97762

For those who may or may not know, the Addon for NWN, CEPv2 is almost ready for release. My video card won't handle the CEP, nor will my dial up. But I thought you might like to know that it's about here. Check out the link below for more details:

http://nwn.bioware.com/players/cep.html
by ByteBandit
05 Aug 2006, 03:01
Topic: Pre-H5 Maptesting Update
Replies: 10
Views: 3481

Pre-H5 Maptesting Update

I'll follow suit here and say that I'm glad to see the Maps section back too. And Hellspawn: There are many of us here who have played HoMM since it's beginning and enjoy the classics as much as the new versions. Once you've started the series, it's a hard habit to kick. :-)
by ByteBandit
01 Aug 2006, 02:18

(Adventure Cave courtesy of Donald and Passable Terrain courtesy of Fnord.) ( Correction by ByteBandit ) :-)
by ByteBandit
01 Aug 2006, 02:13
Topic: Neverwinter Nights News
Replies: 442
Views: 97762

Unfortunately, my 32 video card takes NWN now, but not CEP, so I'll have to wait for this laptop to fizz out and get a higher end for NWN2. But I still see NWN living with all it's PW's hanging around for a while. Not to mention the great community modules out there now for NWN.
by ByteBandit
01 Aug 2006, 02:07
Topic: Download the "New" Maps
Replies: 18
Views: 5285

Thanks s.u. or was it....THUNKing...any event, who can complain about free maps?
by ByteBandit
01 Aug 2006, 01:53
Topic: Download the "New" Maps
Replies: 18
Views: 5285

Download the "New" Maps

I won't ask where they came up with the title "Last Hope." I was Thunking at the time.... ;-)

Go to advanced search