Search found 1060 matches

by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 21:50
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Starting resources in HOMM V
Replies: 28
Views: 8069

JJ, my, and the author's point was: Does anyone know how to do this or if Ubisoft is planning on offering this in a patch? and even reiterrated here: I simply wish for someone to tell me how to adjust the resources, create a mod to adjust them, or if there is any talk of a future patch creating a mu...
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 21:02

:disagree:
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 20:56
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: From Dragons to Drakes
Replies: 18
Views: 9129

when you find out all the places it is missing (I hadn't noticed myself), then put a list together and I'll see if I can fix it.
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 20:51
Topic: mergefile for DefaultStats.xdb
Replies: 11
Views: 8313

I thought there were one humungous file that controlled all abilities with prereqs and stuff as well, despite tehre being separate files in addition to it are you referring to skills.xdb? yeah, and Nival realized in the HOF version that there were overlapping files (the "separate" files y...
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 20:44
Topic: High Elven Town
Replies: 21
Views: 6075

haloswift wrote:I see where this is going, something like the rampart race in homm 3
still I don't think it's a good idea
actually, it's almost a direct rip of the elven faction in Age of Wonders (except the leprechauns, which come from the halfling faction).
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 20:38
Topic: Crystal Dragon
Replies: 15
Views: 3295

...that's actually an excellent idea! the ability to move a particular stack OFF the field of combat after you have started would be invaluable. Would you like to start a topic over in the Modding forum to talk about these? I kinda did, but it was specific to creating new spells. why don't you start...
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 20:30

I'll have to figure out if someone has modded this or if online play allows some kind of cheat that will remove the resources. both. starting resource values can be modded in the defaultstats.xdb file, AND you can use the following code in the console to control your resources: @SetPlayerResource(p...
by Sir_Toejam
10 Dec 2006, 21:16
Topic: MODS in HOF
Replies: 3
Views: 3417

it's because they changed the lines in the underlying file the mod controls, defaultstats.xdb. so the author will have to redo the mod using the new defaultstats.xdb file from the dataa1.pak file. also, once that is done, you will need to make sure no other mods you are using also utilize the defaul...
by Sir_Toejam
10 Dec 2006, 21:11
Topic: mergefile for DefaultStats.xdb
Replies: 11
Views: 8313

no - you missed the point.

for every other ability, there is a single file controlling it; defaultstats.xdb IS slop, because they just threw everything in there they didn't feel like creating separate control files for.

sloppy/lazy, take your pick.
by Sir_Toejam
10 Dec 2006, 21:09
Topic: reference ID's?
Replies: 2
Views: 2774

thanks.

actually i realized later that it wasn't necessary to add an ID number, as I found some spells that didn't have IDs and still worked.

*shrug*
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 23:34
Topic: Luck rolls - not so "lucky"?
Replies: 16
Views: 3943

At least,not with turn retal,you mean
er, assuming you mean "not without simultaneous retaliations", correct, and I was deliberately leaving that out just so you could add that.

:-D
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 23:27

You are weak.... I certainly bow to you and DL's unparalleled enthusiasm for posting on this site, that's for sure. :hoo: I cant do all your work.Go searhc one of the first few FoH threads and youll find all of these spells listed. nice try, but it was directed at you. see if you can find exactly w...
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 23:25
Topic: Luck rolls - not so "lucky"?
Replies: 16
Views: 3943

yeah, being able to hugely shift the first round initiatives by altering the initial army makeup is a bit annoying, but I don't see a way around it given the way the initiative system works, all things being equal (IOW, you aren't using an artifact or skill that massively boosts your init to begin w...
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 23:20
Topic: Fabrice's Report on the Heroes V Bugs
Replies: 23
Views: 10242

Whats bugzilla?
It's a commonly used reporting method for bugs that keeps an ongong database of reports and resolutions.

lots of game cos use it.
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 23:19
Topic: Fabrice's Report on the Heroes V Bugs
Replies: 23
Views: 10242

some minor quibbles here: Skill : (Erudit in french) A hero with this specific skill can teach to other heroes the spells he knows BUT he cannot learn spells from other heroes. QAR: This is a skill description content related issue. From the English description of the skill one may understand that b...
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 20:10
Topic: The Three Rules of Nival
Replies: 118
Views: 28332

well, Jeff did the writing for HOF, too, IIRC, so I'd say there's been at least some improvement.

whether that had anything to do with the realization of how bad the original was, I haven't a clue.
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 20:08

yes, but go figure, i don't read every thread on this site. as to whether those will appear in the next expansion or not... i don't think simply because you find traces of them in the current data files that you can conclude that. there are other spells also hidden in the files that DO work if you a...
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 20:04

Additionally voice acting is managed and done by the ubi localizations. For example, the German voiceover is completely under the responsibility of Ubi.de: they hire the actors, they make the rehearsals and they decide who is speaking what and whether a voice is appropriate or not. Ok, so the blame...
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 19:49

As for the rest you mentioned,youre right,they dont show that nival is incompetent,
I'd stop well short of incompetent, but there are some rather troubling signs that shouldn't be completely ignored, either.
by Sir_Toejam
09 Dec 2006, 19:41

They have nothing to do with either the story nor the voice acting. 8| so, are you saying that Ubi contracted the story writers and voice actors, and made final approval of their inclusion in game, instead of Nival? I could find that believable, if you have evidence for it. most game developers con...

Go to advanced search