Search found 1060 matches

by Sir_Toejam
20 Dec 2006, 05:01
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: going retro
Replies: 19
Views: 7884

going retro

I recently found I was getting a bit burned out on games with flashy graphics and poor storylines, so I dug up some old rpgs... naww, still too much graphic intensity... went farther back... ahh the original kings quest games... played a couple... nope, must go further. all of a sudden i find myself...
by Sir_Toejam
18 Dec 2006, 04:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How often your ultimate helped you ?
Replies: 13
Views: 4176

I'm the only one that voted for ultimates always being useful.

hmmm, I wonder why that is...
by Sir_Toejam
17 Dec 2006, 00:08
Topic: Pissed off laptop owner!
Replies: 6
Views: 2259

actually, I would be happy if they would simply add a button that disables animation of map objects both in the editor and in the game.

that, in and of itself, would improve the performance dramatically on lower end machines.
by Sir_Toejam
17 Dec 2006, 00:04
Topic: Question about AI Quality
Replies: 234
Views: 40664

As for dig the tear VC,you could simply put in a failsafe that AI has to visit 90%/75%/55%/30% of all the obilisks on the map(depending on difficulty level)before it can start digging. bit of clarification: that is already programmed into the difficulty levels for the AI. It has to find far less ob...
by Sir_Toejam
15 Dec 2006, 23:18
Topic: Pissed off laptop owner!
Replies: 6
Views: 2259

don't know what kind of graphics card is in your laptop, but typically I find 3rd party video drivers to be far better for most laptop cards.

example: the omega drivers.

check and see if your card is covered:

http://www.omegadrivers.net/
by Sir_Toejam
15 Dec 2006, 00:18
Topic: I hate this game (long rant)
Replies: 69
Views: 16136

cue JJ in 5..4...3..2...
by Sir_Toejam
13 Dec 2006, 23:33
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: changes to skill requirements for ultimate skills
Replies: 73
Views: 64023

well, it just made sense that an ultimate special that involved luck would have the luck tree as a prerequisite.
by Sir_Toejam
13 Dec 2006, 23:31
Topic: Skill Modding
Replies: 8
Views: 6100

yes the probabilites for attributes and skills are contained in the heroclass file, but I haven't yet tested whether changing the values in HOF does what one would expect.
by Sir_Toejam
13 Dec 2006, 07:44
Topic: Starting resources in HOMM V
Replies: 28
Views: 8003

At least try to grasp the concept of reading, will you? more projection on your part. Again, where in ANY part of the author's intitial post does he ask for an opinion on the subject? nowhere. I just don't know what to say. not only did the original author NOT ask for your opinion on the subject, b...
by Sir_Toejam
12 Dec 2006, 22:16

That's a quote of a post that involved a lot more than that. actually, it didn't at all, until you projected your own opinions on the matter into it. funny, i didn't see anywhere in the original post where the author was asking for your, or anyone's, opinion on whether zero resources was a good ide...
by Sir_Toejam
12 Dec 2006, 22:10
Topic: Dark Ritual
Replies: 26
Views: 5643

gaidal is right; JJ's phrasing of that made me think he was referring to towns, not as simile, but as actual towns. but then, he should have been able to figure out that his statement was misintrepreted based on my response. *shrug* as to: And what do you mean with "have some spells in your ars...
by Sir_Toejam
12 Dec 2006, 21:51
Topic: Dark Ritual Mod
Replies: 2
Views: 2945

OK, i checked it out today, and unfortunately Nival did not leave any part of it moddable. here is the definition for it: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Spell ObjectRecordID="1000042"> <NameFileRef href="/Text/Game/Spells/Hero_Special_Abilities/DarkRitual/...
by Sir_Toejam
12 Dec 2006, 21:31
Topic: Spells?
Replies: 11
Views: 5681

Ravache has it right, all the way.
by Sir_Toejam
12 Dec 2006, 06:39

in your HOF install directory: dataa1\a1-data.pak (use winzip or winrar to view) in that file: \GameMechanics\RPGStats\defaultstats.xdb you will have to extract the file from the a1-data.pak file to edit it. use a text editor and search the file for the data to change. use winrar or zip to recompres...
by Sir_Toejam
12 Dec 2006, 06:32
Topic: mergefile for DefaultStats.xdb
Views: 8270

yes, that sounds familiar. I think there was a bit of discussion on the issue a couple of months back. can't recall what the consesus was off the top of my head though. you might try searching the archives. I can forsee at some point that someone is going to go in and mod all the names back to what ...
by Sir_Toejam
12 Dec 2006, 03:40

it seems a lot of spell and skill effects that are not damage related can't be modded at all yup. It seems pretty random as to which aspects of any given skill or ability are moddable, too. spells are more consistent, in that so far the only thing that I haven't figured out how to do is change the ...
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 22:28

well, think about it and then post whatever you decide in the modcrafting guild area, and I'll take a gander and see if it's feasible. the only question in my mind is that since it's a skill, instead of a spell, it might not be as easy to mod. some skills and abilities have moddable parts, and some ...
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 22:08

what would you suggest?

I assume, like summon creatures, that the costs to mobility can be just as easily modded.
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 22:02

well, it can be done manually with the program i listed in second post on this thread, but I think ideally merging should be, uh, "merged" into the elrath mod manager. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to suspect there isn't even enough interest to update the mod manager to be compatible with H...
by Sir_Toejam
11 Dec 2006, 21:55

Dark Ritual means you actually have a town with mage guild where you are.
huh?

In fact, the only times it is really useful is when you DON'T have a town to go back to, but have some spells in your arsenal anyways.

hence the entire first two maps of the last campaign in HOF.

Go to advanced search