Search found 1060 matches

by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 22:34
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Stylish Combat Interface
Replies: 24
Views: 32727

It linked to version 1.3, but I noticed there is a 1.4 in the directory.

Just checking.

Edit:

ahh, i get it. didn't check out the screenies close enough.

yeah, just add a link to your modified 1.4 version (which is the one i decided to use, btw).

cheers
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 22:30
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: mods for 1.2????
Replies: 25
Views: 9081

hmm, if you use Winrar, make sure you change it to manage files with .zip extensions (it doesn't do this if it recognizes another proggy as managing them). otherwise, yeah it's a problem with IE specifically, but like I said, you can just change the extension before you save it to disk. no descripti...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 22:12
Forum: Articles
Topic: Mods
Replies: 241
Views: 71208

Mods

Has anyone messed around with the spells yet and know which files to edit? I notice at least one: confusion, has a serious bug in it - the percentages to disable are exactly the opposite of what is stated. example: with advanced dark magic, it should disable 90% of ranged and retaliations, but it ac...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 22:08

Mods

Gryph-

which version should the combat interface mod (the one you modified of MaximS) link to now (the one you just posted)?

currently, the link goes to version 1.3, but I notice a 1.4 version in the directoy.
Edited on Fri, Jul 28 2006, 16:09 by Sir_Toejam
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 22:02

You already put it in the mod folder?
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 21:56
Topic: Campaign maps mod.
Replies: 1
Views: 3903

now that 1.2 is out, have you updated these yet?

send me a PM and I'll put them in the mods directory.

cheers.
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 21:54
Topic: question to modders - performance
Replies: 3
Views: 3512

unfortunately, there doesn't seem much one can do to improve performance through the settings dialogs. make sure to disable "eyecandies" in the graphics options, that helps a little (requires the map to be restarted though, :( ) the main problem is that large maps require tremendous amount...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 21:48
Topic: PAK files and XP...
Views: 2737

PAK files and XP...

OK, I've noticed a couple of posts over in the general forums that lead me to think that there are users who haven't figured out that by default, XP treats .pak files as "zipped", and will automatically change the extension on dowload. So, here is a copy of the post I made there: >>> OK, h...
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 21:45

nicely done. much slicker interface.

bravo.
by Sir_Toejam
28 Jul 2006, 21:39
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: mods for 1.2????
Replies: 25
Views: 9081

OK, here's what's happening. pak files are recognized by XP as "zipped". so, it unfortunately tries to change the file extension to .zip instead of .pak when it saves them to disk. why? friggin' ask MS. solutions (multiple): 1. when using rt-click save-as in windows, save under files "...
by Sir_Toejam
27 Jul 2006, 10:31
Topic: New Combat JogDial - finalized - 1.2
Replies: 37
Views: 30986

I use Winrar and have never had any problems using it to create pak files. I suspect that the difference in success with using winrar might have something to do with the particular version; some versions might write header information into the packed file that makes it incompatible for some reason....
by Sir_Toejam
26 Jul 2006, 00:05

Mods

I added MaximS' inventory mod to the list above, along with a screenie for those curious.

cheers.
Edited on Tue, Jul 25 2006, 18:06 by Sir_Toejam
by Sir_Toejam
25 Jul 2006, 23:20
Topic: MOD: Sev. (updated) 1.2
Replies: 26
Views: 33013

always nice to have more mirrors, but just so you know, we host mod files here too:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/527

;)

If some has specific suggestions for making the mod area "more user friendly", I'm all ears. I just got the job of managing that section of the site.

cheers
by Sir_Toejam
25 Jul 2006, 23:17
Topic: Request a mod thread.
Replies: 10
Views: 6479

Can someone make a mod for this or tell me how to? I'm nudging the modders into giving me some info. which i can collate into a loose modders guide, but it might take a couple of weeks. hopefully someone will volunteer the info you need ITMT, but off the top of my head I'd say this one will be a bi...
by Sir_Toejam
25 Jul 2006, 23:14
Topic: Classic Spells, Artefacts, Skills and Descriptions MOD
Views: 7942

more info to go into the modmaking guide.

;)

cheers

S_T

ps - gryphon - do you have a link to the archival proggy (Powerarchiver) you are using?
by Sir_Toejam
24 Jul 2006, 23:14

Mods

Hey all. I just had the management of this here section foisted upon me, and will attempt to add to and update it frequently. If there is something you would like to see here, just let me know. I'll be contacting the other modders and seeing if they have had a chance to see if their mods are still f...
by Sir_Toejam
24 Jul 2006, 22:30

OK, so just to clarify - opening up and repacking the files to get a new date fixes the issue, because the game looks for the most recent data file in the data directory, correct? so... the reason some of the appearence mods (like the cleric mod) were unaffected was because those particular files we...
by Sir_Toejam
24 Jul 2006, 01:33
Topic: Classic Spells, Artefacts, Skills and Descriptions MOD
Views: 7942

could you go through that again? I'm unclear how repacking the mod files will make them work with 1.2? is it that the sev mod and other text mods now conflict with modified data files in 1.2 (yeah, the sev mod by itself doesn't seem to work either - as pak or extracted) how does repacking fix this e...
by Sir_Toejam
24 Jul 2006, 01:30
Topic: Mods not working after Patch 1.2
Views: 2393

see the reply in made in your mod thread. short answer: some work completly for me (gargoyle mod), some work partially (yours), and some not at all (sev mod). *shrug* really haven't a clue; I suspect some of the data files were changed, and that it has less to do with the exe file, but I could be wr...
by Sir_Toejam
24 Jul 2006, 01:26

i get the exact same thing as chinablue wrt to your mod (the full version). Moreover, the hotkeys no longer function. You can still use the save button, even though it is partially hidden, so it looks funky, but it's functional enough (and the save in battle function is the only thing i really neede...

Go to advanced search