Search found 549 matches

by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 18:57
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 142483

Asomath wrote:Looks fine, IMO

I must have been remember it in a more zoomed in way. :( :(

It really is that wonky. Anyway good progress is being made I see.
by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 18:55
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 26761

I guess it depends are you a pioneer or a settler? Meaning, do you want to strike off into dangerous territory for the excitement of the new, risking time and frustration, or do you want the excitement after those before you have made it safe. dontknow I'm definately a settler. I don't like bugs. A...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 17:41

On to Oceans. From what I understand by the Antagarich map, this is the position of oceans? (I also put the Island Names on there) Isn't Antagarich squiffy on your map? Shouldn't the bottom of it be flatter although Nighon is in the right place? The bottom 'boot' needs to exist but be straightened ...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 17:07

@Slayer Its not so much personal attacks. It is fact that Catherine landed in Bracada, but some of your continent positioning seems to severely clash with common geographical knowledge. ~Asomath Avonu is engaging is personal attacks. I don't want to go back to how it was before but Avonu seems dete...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 16:30

Just ignore anything what Slayer of Cliffracers posts - he lives in his own world where none fact from games are true against his theories. Oh how very polite :flame: :flame: :flame: . Shall I report you for making personal attacks or should I let it slip? It is not a crazy theory, it is a *fact fr...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 16:22
Topic: The twisted chronology of Tribes of the East (spoilers)
Replies: 9
Views: 5751

The twisted chronology of Tribes of the East (spoilers)

Yestarday I got completely mind-boggingly confused by the twisted chronology of Tribes of the East and had to spend about an hour figuring it all out. At the end of mission 4 of the Orc campaign one is given what seem to be flashbacks to a previous mission revealing more about the story, when you ha...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 14:19
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 26761

Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?

I am planning to get Heroes VI for Christmas, but is that really wise.

I'm rather getting the impression from the forum than the game is rather horribly bug-ridden and semi-complete. Have most of the worst bugs been cleared up or should I postpone it until my birthday (May) and buy something else?
by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 14:13

You still haven't played the Might and Magic games, I presume? In MM8 King Roland and Queen Catherine arrive in Jadame, on route from Antagarich to Enroth. Jadame has to be at least somewhat in between the two for that to make sense. Plus, the reason they land in Jadame is that the Pirates are bloc...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
10 Dec 2011, 22:07

Antagarich is to the north of Enroth and probably relatively close by.
by Slayer of Cliffracers
07 Dec 2011, 14:43
Topic: How is your score calculated?
Replies: 7
Views: 6649

Probably days. Heroes V isn't a Heroes III clone for nothing. :devil: :devil: :devil: :creative: :creative:
by Slayer of Cliffracers
07 Dec 2011, 14:42
Topic: Your favourite faction?
Replies: 28
Views: 14210

I prefer Fortress because I like the defensively orientated playing style they support and the way they don't all generally all die at once. But Stronghold with leadership and luck is HARD, even if I don't really find playing with them properly feels quite so natural. I'm playing them at the moment.
by Slayer of Cliffracers
07 Dec 2011, 14:35
Topic: Isabel and Sheogh (spoilers)
Replies: 41
Views: 16793

I thought that Biara just made up the Shadya character? Is there any proof in the story that the real Shadya was killed by Brianna or the demons? I mean, I recall at one point in the finale of the original Heroes 5 that Raelag attacked Biara and said "This is for Shadya", and Biara replie...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
31 Jul 2011, 18:32
Topic: Is Ashan Axeoth? Same hero or namesake?
Replies: 134
Views: 80237

They're only extremely improbable because you deemed them so... and usually for reasons that aren't very extreme... Yes I do not have a calculator of fictional world event probabilities handy so yes they are only improbable because I have deemed them so. I deem it is extremely improbable given the ...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 Jul 2011, 20:53
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes Chronicles added on Good Old Games.com!
Replies: 40
Views: 19105

Pretty sure Robin Hood did fine... and the US when it drove away the indians (hey, they had no property papers for the land)... The relavance of either case is? What I was explaining is that from my POV (everyone cheer :D) I don't see anything wrong with selling a cracked version of a program that ...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 Jul 2011, 20:43
Topic: Cosmology of the Might and Magic Universe and Ashan
Replies: 35
Views: 50543

Somehow i think a concussion (or drug) based hallucination is siply not as valid something you see while sober... But sure, why not treat all "PoV" as if they're just as legitimate... :disagree: My point is that is simply impossible for a person to say anything about something that repres...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 Jul 2011, 20:35
Topic: Nimbyism in HOMM (portal placement woes)
Replies: 57
Views: 18543

Why would they use half their army to man one single gatehouse/fort?! And why isn't the enemies being separated into 2 forces too taken into account? Because in the time the army takes to reach the enemy over land they have already built up a second army on the other side of the portal. All they ha...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 Jul 2011, 19:46

Well it's hard not to be bored when all you do is the same thing over and over... You get an idea and then try as hard as you can to set up a situation where everything fits with it, even if it's clear to everyone that it's not the only possible way things could have gone down... And then you decla...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
12 Jul 2011, 14:06
Topic: Nimbyism in HOMM (portal placement woes)
Replies: 57
Views: 18543

Oh, so the defender can't have enough resources for both, but the attacker has unlimited projectiles and missiles and troops... and any losses incurred in taking a fortification is insignificant... while the troops lost by the defender are vital... even though in the history of the world only trick...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
12 Jul 2011, 13:03
Topic: Cosmology of the Might and Magic Universe and Ashan
Replies: 35
Views: 50543

ThunderTitan wrote:Yeah, not if it malfunctions.... but that's not a PoV, that's an error.
Yes which means that what a person (or computer) writes only ever reflects their own understanding (or lack of it).
by Slayer of Cliffracers
12 Jul 2011, 13:00

Sure, i mean he couldn't have been making a point about kreegans being destructive or trying to instil in the heroes how much of a threat they are by invoking something familiar etc... Because that's what you thought of 1st that must be it... Jeez you're getting boring... at least try to come up wi...

Go to advanced search