Search found 549 matches

by Slayer of Cliffracers
20 May 2012, 20:23
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Map of World of Enroth (or C.O.L.O.N.Y.)
Replies: 218
Views: 142930

GreatEmerald wrote:Uh huh. Because saying "Planet of Enroth" instead of "Enroth" is sooo difficult.
Writing three words instead of one is more difficult indeed. ;) ;)
by Slayer of Cliffracers
20 May 2012, 20:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Blackhole is probably going bankrupt
Replies: 38
Views: 23407

But what's the point of Heroes VI. It's just Heroes V simplified, an expansion pack to Heroes V would equal all the additional features. Less resources, less factions, every word on less . Nope, better graphics! :D (Not that graphics matter in a TBS game much.) Indeed. One could go further and say ...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
16 May 2012, 13:53
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.4 Released
Replies: 15
Views: 8387

Good thing I shut the game down and came here. Patch is downloading as a write this. Seems relatively minor except for the graphics related (I assume) fix. * Unified Object Behavior: Implemented unified behavior for all affected objects (e.g.: object selection, scaling, rotation handling, etc.).
by Slayer of Cliffracers
16 May 2012, 13:31

True, "Enroth" is more widely used as the name of the planet's largest continent located in northern hemisphere. But all people are aware what their world is called. As for Colony being used out-of-universe, I don't see any need for this term. "Enroth" is convenient enough, for ...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 May 2012, 17:35

It isn't. If you disagree, then find a single instance of "Colony" (with a capital "c") being used as a name of the planet. You won't be able to. Moreso, even just "colony" isn't ever used by natives as name for the world they live on. And to the planet. It has been re...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 May 2012, 17:30
Topic: Essay: An analysis of Light/Darkness or Good/Evil in MM7
Replies: 42
Views: 20165

The notion that Ancients would be "worn out" is baseless. They are a supercivilization for crying out loud :) The matter is just that they are distracted by the continuing fighting against the Kreegan. But if they came into direct contact with Enroth, they would surely reclaim it. I was u...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 May 2012, 16:19

It's Enroth - it was never named Colony in any games or NWC texts/interviews. Enroth as planet name was first used in MM8, earlier it was just nameless world. Maybe if MMIX has happened on Enroth and showed us conclusion of Ancients-Kreegan story (as MM8 ending hinted), planet name would be differe...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 May 2012, 16:00
Topic: Blackhole is probably going bankrupt
Replies: 38
Views: 23407

Well they made a game dominated by an internet functionality with simply doesn't work in my case. Not that I should care; damn those stupid dynasty bonuses to hell I find all the net tyranny pretty annoying anyway. Down with big brother! As for the game itself, not bad otherwise. The story's okay th...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
02 Jan 2012, 19:39
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 26824

Before 1.2 it was a rather risky purchase - in that certain very annoying bugs could appear or not. 1.1 had returned a number of bugs that had been fixed and the picture didn't look all that appealing. Now there are still enough bugs for the devs to squash but frankly? It is so much better now, I'd...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
01 Jan 2012, 12:38

This is taken from the "climate" part of Wikipedia's entry on New Caledonia: The climate is tropical, with hot and humid period from November to March with temperatures between 27°C and 30°C,[35] and a cooler, dry period from June to August with temperatures between 20°C and 23°C,[35] lin...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
23 Dec 2011, 18:39

This is not true, because reptiles are cold-blooded and would be terribly adapted to a cold, snowy climate. What I'm saying is that given that Tatalia is swamp and inhabited by so many reptilian creatures (lizardmen, serpant flies, hydra, basilisks, gorgon) one would generally assume that the place...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
23 Dec 2011, 18:16
Topic: The twisted chronology of Tribes of the East (spoilers)
Replies: 9
Views: 5757

I don't see why Markal still has to fight the Wizards after Mission #5. Consider for a moment the following. -All the Academy towns in the area (other than Hiken) have been turned into Necropolises, which give Markal zero opposition. But that area is not the Silver Cities in their entirety is it? M...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 Dec 2011, 14:10

Even then, it would be pretty wacky, since it would imply that Antagarich is all in the temperate climate zone, so it should be pretty small indeed. That said, I don't recall ever seeing any jungles on Antagarich, either. The desert goes right to grasslands. And yes, Slayer, cold currents do indeed...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
15 Dec 2011, 13:55

Link to the interview. http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=655 Will answer you about the rest of the stuff later, as I'm at work right now and don't have the time to watch the videos or make a long post. Ah yes Jeff Spock. A clear example of why authors aren't always the best source for...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
13 Dec 2011, 14:44

Did they? If so, Enroth the planet must have a real wacky sun to have Vori, the part of Antagarich that is closest to the equator, covered in snow, and the Bracada desert, closest to the south pole, a desert! I guess it all comes down to Ocean currents. Great Britain is far hotter than it should be...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
13 Dec 2011, 14:40

Not so, what we see in stage 1 of the Dungeon campaign is just an expanded version of that scene. In Haven Mission #4 the scene ends with Thralsai telling a servant to bring him a fresh slave to kill, in the Dungeon campaign we see that right after that request Ylaya gets discovered and runs away. ...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
13 Dec 2011, 12:10

If such a map existed I was unaware of it. Here is a WIP of todays work. I got all of the rivers and lakes etched in. I also fixed islands and cleaned up shore lines. Im going to do a parchment version first, and then if I have time, ill go back and do a full color, bump map version as well. Ill be...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
13 Dec 2011, 12:08
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 26824

The decision is made. I'm postponing buying this game to save money for other things I would like and waiting until May when a whole host of patches will have brought the game to a reasonable state.
by Slayer of Cliffracers
12 Dec 2011, 13:36

The story is somewhat confusing with multiple campaigns happening at the same time. HOF was quite confusing to when you think about it, since all 3 campaigns were happening at the same time there. Really? That's not something I noticed. The Dungeon campaign started at the same time as Mission #4 in...
by Slayer of Cliffracers
11 Dec 2011, 19:05

Asomath wrote:Haha alright, no worries, thanks!
Also judging from the picture of the globe from Might and Magic VI, doesn't Enroth go all the way to the polar regions so there is no top of Enroth? It goes off the northern edge of the map.

Go to advanced search