Search found 236 matches

by Bonzer
15 Jul 2006, 21:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Using more than one hero
Replies: 24
Views: 5425

I almost always hire a second hero asap, pass on their troops to my main and that way lose less when clearing nearby area. The second then becomes by main town defender with slow troops in case of sneaky attack. I also hire any hero that will provide money, Elaine (the taxation / peasant one), and S...
by Bonzer
13 Jul 2006, 22:37
Topic: Casting vs Incorporeal
Replies: 8
Views: 3018

Some Physical Damage spells may not work on Incorporeals, so I try to use Lightning or Ice Bolt or some Fire Spell. So are you saying Ice / Fire / Lightning bolt always work? BTW I also read somewhere that while centering an area effect spell on incorporeals may not work, if you catch them in the a...
by Bonzer
13 Jul 2006, 22:33
Topic: Viewing of Combat Bonus / Penalty
Replies: 0
Views: 821

Viewing of Combat Bonus / Penalty

Again, for those who didn't know... If you right click once on a stack you will see it's usual stats, but if you then right click a second time you get to see bonuses and penalties realting to that stack. So for example you can see which ones are hasted, or poisioned, and for how long. Just off to P...
by Bonzer
13 Jul 2006, 22:08
Topic: Puppet Master on Familiars
Views: 931

Puppet Master on Familiars

HAHAHA Just cast Puppet Master on the enemy's familiars. He lost spell points, I gained them. This even took me above usual max, and they were retained even after the combat.

Good ol' Heroes, always something new!
by Bonzer
13 Jul 2006, 22:04
Topic: Casting vs Incorporeal
Replies: 8
Views: 3018

Casting vs Incorporeal

For those who didn't know, if you select a damaging spell from hero or creature, and roll the cursor over an enemy, the number to be killed will be shown. In the case of an incorporeal enemy, this is sometimes shown as "none", so don't waste spell points and initiative casting it.
by Bonzer
13 Jul 2006, 21:46
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 22414

I know this topic is looking at "underpowered Lvl7 units" only, but as the discussion expands, has anyone thought that an underpowered Lvl7 is probably being supported by overpowered Lvl6 etc? That is, each Town's creature "sets" should, with similar strength Heroes, be a match f...
by Bonzer
13 Jul 2006, 21:36
Topic: Coastal Defence
Replies: 2
Views: 1511

Coastal Defence

Just discovered that if you "dig" along the shallow shoreline heroes can disembark onto the dug area. This is different from H3 where if you dug along the coastline, enemies couldn't land on a hole as it was seen as an "active" area. So one of my major defensive strategies has go...
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 13:35
Topic: Stable bonus
Replies: 6
Views: 2318

Listen chummy,
The point was to know how many more movement points, not that you get some. ;)
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 10:52
Topic: The big CTD thread. About why, what, and when
Replies: 10
Views: 3694

Kiyoko, Don't know if this will help.... I used to sometimes have similar problem on H3 maps. I found that (sometimes) reloading a savegame, and then doing something differently before ending my turn solved the problem. In those cases it would seem the AI changed it's movement, and a conflict was av...
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 10:49
Topic: Neutral stack growth rate
Replies: 3
Views: 1868

I often wait if I am near a neutral stack on day 7. Day 1 the increase means more will join, or more will die (xp).
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 10:42
Topic: The little things you miss from previous HOMM games
Replies: 104
Views: 26272

The list is very long:windmill flaging,dwelling stacking,caravans,separate creature movement,FoW,LoS,kingdom overview,post game statistics,artifact getting descriptions,etc,etc,etc. For a kingdom overview, roll the cursor over the Resource Bar at the top of the screen, it shows you how much comes i...
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 10:28
Topic: Things less known
Replies: 21
Views: 8999

I know this appears mostly for tactics, but I can include these three that may help someone.. The puzzle map shows passing bird flocks if they are in the area when you click to view it. The move bonus from a stable is 7 points (on a road). Poison damage is given at the start of a stacks turn, so you...
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 10:15
Topic: Annoying Puzzle Map
Replies: 36
Views: 11985

I can confirm that the location varies, as mine was more to the southwest than the (very good) picture supplied by Sikon at the start of this post.
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 10:10
Topic: Cash Bug?
Views: 782

Cash Bug?

Having spent so long trying to find the Tears in Dungeon2, I accumulated over 1 million gold. B-) It reminded me - Does anyone know if the bug from Heroes 3 where if you got 10 million gold your money went backwards is active in Heroes 5? I never did play much H4, but was addicted to H3. Hopefully H...
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 10:06
Topic: Stable bonus
Replies: 6
Views: 2318

Stable bonus

Me again,
While digging around for The Tears I also spent some time experimenting.

When you visit a stable you get 7 extra movement points (on a road anyway).

Just thought it might be useful to know.
by Bonzer
11 Jul 2006, 10:04
Topic: Tears Experiments
Replies: 3
Views: 1870

Tears Experiments

Hi all, I've noticed (and struggled with) finding the Tears of Asha in Dungeon 2, but can now confirn the following (unpatched version): 1)You only get clues (it's to the southwest etc) when within 6 squares of the Tears 2) Not all the landscape details are shown 3) The "Set Hero Path" plo...

Go to advanced search