Search found 1525 matches

by mr.hackcrag
04 Aug 2006, 23:17
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Guys, give UBI a breath...
Replies: 214
Views: 51325

Sadly, that's just how the world works. Which is exactly why that the public has to struggle to make the world a better place. This applies to everything, not just homm. If you want you want to make a differance in this world, you have to make your voice heard and you also have to be willing to tak...
by mr.hackcrag
04 Aug 2006, 22:47

The fans usually care more about a game than the developers do anyways. We don't have to worry about how much it will cost to make, deadlines, salaries, unforeseen problems, and the like. Cynically looking at it, it's prefectly logical for a game company not to really care about their product (as m...
by mr.hackcrag
04 Aug 2006, 20:52

In my opinion Nival does a hell of a good job with this game. BECAUSE they do what THEY want and not what the so-called fans want. If they did THAT, the game was already dead right now. If fans' ideas are so horrible, why is it that everything they have done for the homm series so far has excelled?...
by mr.hackcrag
04 Aug 2006, 16:53

Well for the last few hrs that i hav been posting here, i have also been playing H5 on my other PC. I have found the game annoying but thats a good thing. When i start yelling out "Oh come on. how could they get there" or "Damn, i shoulda used "slow" on them", then the...
by mr.hackcrag
04 Aug 2006, 16:46

To get back on topic, a lot of us look at Heroes 5 in black and white terms only. It's either a great game or a bugged game. It would be nice to think in terms of grey, but often it just isn't realistic. I can understand those who feel disappointed by lack of balancing and features. Perhaps in a wa...
by mr.hackcrag
04 Aug 2006, 14:21

I've often wondered why the human faction haven has always been considered "good" alignment in all the series. I think they should be at least "neutral" alignment or maybe even "evil." And why would angels join with humans. According to what I just read in the haven inf...
by mr.hackcrag
03 Aug 2006, 19:07

Yet there was a petition to postpone the game until its finished,so no paradox,just "We want perfection,no matter how long it takes!" The asnwer would be: "Forever". No matter how well you want to do something. You can always add more factions. You can always better balance the ...
by mr.hackcrag
03 Aug 2006, 17:23

Indeed. Yet I can't help giggling at the paradox of the fans' screaming at the top of their lungs: "I want perfection and I want it now!!" Yet there was a petition to postpone the game until its finished,so no paradox,just "We want perfection,no matter how long it takes!" And on...
by mr.hackcrag
03 Aug 2006, 04:37

And although I agree with the complaint that a game should have a certain degree of replayability and - in this case - contain a decent roster of scenarios, I think that Heroes fans have gotten a wee bit spoiled. Kalah, I think you used a poor choice of words when you mentioned "spoiled."...
by mr.hackcrag
02 Aug 2006, 20:58

Sure, but the arguments for availability of an editor at release are so... well, lame. People are pulling out all sorts of analogies.. "would you buy a car if the brakes were to be installed later?" - come on - it's a game, not a bloody SUV! And the map editor is a program designed to ena...
by mr.hackcrag
02 Aug 2006, 18:31
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The heroes V mini game
Replies: 2
Views: 1898

I tried this game and it was almost as bad has homm5. At least there were no bugs though. ;| Seriously though, it's hard for me to be entertained with heroes mini when all you're really doing is reading text about an imaginary battle. Before h5 was released, it was nice to see what the creature icon...
by mr.hackcrag
02 Aug 2006, 15:45

EDIT: DL, the succubi is just a modification of the magog. It's not really a new creature. So that makes zero truly "new creatures." Although, I'd have to check to be sure of that, I could be wrong. But succubus is so hot!I jump like a horny...err,I mean horned demon whenever there are su...
by mr.hackcrag
02 Aug 2006, 15:11

Absolutely true! :D This is by far the most mature and friendly forum I've ever seen. I'm happy to be part of the community.
by mr.hackcrag
02 Aug 2006, 14:55

So yeah, I agree with the need to be more positive. Especially since it's not like we havn't heard the negatives a million times already. Bringing them up yet again is not going to fix them any faster. People have consistantly praised the game, even those who don't like it. The reason you're not se...
by mr.hackcrag
02 Aug 2006, 14:39

Nicely put Ethric. :) Thankfully, I never bought H5. I played it at my friends house, and we both think it's an abomination mostly because it's very obvious that the developers didn't bother to finish making the game. And now, from what I hear around this forum, they're incapable of making the game ...
by mr.hackcrag
01 Aug 2006, 23:54
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Minotaur Evolution
Replies: 59
Views: 57511

I'm pretty sure the myth had him with a bulls head, and man's body. And your head is more then 10% of you body. Except the H2 one all the rest are anthropomorfic animals. I know the myth, I just meant that all the others appear to have mostly a man's body, it's just harder to tell because it's cove...
by mr.hackcrag
01 Aug 2006, 23:46
Topic: Halfling Evolution
Replies: 26
Views: 15234

You must have very perceptive eyes to notice it's hairy feet. No doubt you have eagle eye at expert ability? Either that or i have my eyes opened. ;| I guess I must be blind. B-) Could somebody please cast dispel or cure on me? I'd do it myself, but I forgot to buy a spell book. ;| :disagree:
by mr.hackcrag
01 Aug 2006, 21:14
Topic: Halfling Evolution
Replies: 26
Views: 15234

ThunderTitan wrote:
St0rmB0lt wrote:4 is cloest to general perception of a halfling.
Who's general perception?

The H2's hairy feet and simple dress scream Hobbit to me. H4 only comes second.
You must have very perceptive eyes to notice it's hairy feet. No doubt you have eagle eye at expert ability?
by mr.hackcrag
01 Aug 2006, 21:11
Topic: Minotaur Evolution
Replies: 59
Views: 57511

exo6desmo wrote:H2 minotaurs by faar, and the only one that is correct to the myth..."Half man and Half bull"
Actually, H2 minotaurs are about 90% man, and 10% bull. Most of the other minotaurs are more or less the same way, but they just haven't benefitted from the H2 minotaurs full body shaving/waxing.
by mr.hackcrag
31 Jul 2006, 23:15
Topic: Crossbowman evolution
Replies: 32
Views: 18364

Did the nobles also provide armor for the angels, or was that God's handi-work?

Go to advanced search