Search found 884 matches

by Qurqirish Dragon
01 Feb 2006, 20:39
Forum: News
Topic: Starforce Will Sue Your Ass
Replies: 28
Views: 8461

Okay, now we have some real reasons to think that StarForce is malicious. While there may not be positive evidence that StarForce does damage systems, there seems to be an equal lack of evidence that it doesn't . I'm not taking any side here, but just how do you prove something DOESN'T do damage? B...
by Qurqirish Dragon
01 Feb 2006, 20:10
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: In regards to Ghostmode
Replies: 6
Views: 4611

Ghost mode has other uses- for example, clearing stacks near your home castle can be made very easy :-D
by Qurqirish Dragon
29 Jan 2006, 15:09
Topic: News Supression Pact
Replies: 128
Views: 36725

I don't think this is a good idea. If info is restricted, so the fans can't get anything, then interest will drop off, and it will encourage a release ASAP to get what they can before all interest is gone. Let's see what has happened in the last week: 1) open beta released in (apparantly) a very poo...
by Qurqirish Dragon
23 Jan 2006, 14:52
Topic: Beta Test Hands-On
Replies: 11
Views: 3844

Re: Beta Test Hands-On

I wonder how the "big" units in a number of 7 in an army plus the enemy army of the same size will fit in the battlfield. I think that 8x10 is too small. Enyone remember how big the battlefield was in HIII? I think it was 12x18 or 14x16, not sure ;| It was 11x15 in H3 (A speed 13, 1-hex c...
by Qurqirish Dragon
23 Jan 2006, 14:28
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 99
Views: 101473

In 3.58f... *Ghosts aren't considered undead for morale purposes (possibly other purposes too). This is deliberate, so ghosts are unaffected by the "animate dead" spell. Due to the ghost's ability (drain life to new maximum number of creatures), animate dead won't work properly. A side ef...
by Qurqirish Dragon
20 Jan 2006, 14:49
Topic: Command Help
Replies: 13
Views: 10584

OK, I see. While your way seems to be possible, I'd take another route. First, does the hero actually needs to buy dendroids, or is it enough that he visits theiur dwelling? I'm going to go with the latter, but if it's the former, you only have to add a check to see hom many dendroids there are in ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
12 Jan 2006, 14:43
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Troubleshooting Heroes III Campaigns
Replies: 8
Views: 7822

Also, check out the Custom Campaign in the Map Editor or Campaign Editor; then go to the "Map Properties". Be sure that the map has been named here because this is the name which will show up in the Scenario menu when you launch the game. Since he only has basic H3, there is no campaign e...
by Qurqirish Dragon
11 Jan 2006, 14:31
Topic: Spells
Replies: 205
Views: 54134

Yes, than 40 is more than enough. And it's not a bad system, but the things is, you'll have all spells in the beginning - and then you don't have to look for any other spell anymore. That could make campaigns duller, even with all the spells of HoMM IV mageguilds were useless after the 3rd map or s...
by Qurqirish Dragon
11 Jan 2006, 14:07
Topic: Cranky Hero
Replies: 370
Views: 103956

About the comic: Very enjoyable, and a similar one could probably be made for 90% of other games in production :-) About the masses: A "true" and "loyal" fan of the game should be, IMO, someone who enjoys the games, and respects other's opinions of all aspects of them- even if th...
by Qurqirish Dragon
10 Jan 2006, 13:54
Topic: Artifacts
Replies: 52
Views: 23033

Note that the main difference between major artifacts and relics, in my post was that relics didn't have flaws. Looking at the heroes 3 relics, the parts of the titan's thunder would be major, in my listing, while the stronger pieces of the angelic alliance would be relics. I think you would all agr...
by Qurqirish Dragon
09 Jan 2006, 14:06

I think its good as it is/will be with few, moderate amounts of artifacts total, but they should be powerful, worth getting not that several artifacts are upg and downgrades of eachother, all artifacts should have dis-advantages. I think that SOME mixed-blessing artifacts (like the heart of ice fro...
by Qurqirish Dragon
07 Jan 2006, 12:58

Re: Artifacts

* According to a post on the official forum the artifacts will be more powerful, but also more scarce In Homm3 and Homm4 minor artifacts mattered very little, so I like the idea of less but more powerful arties I, too, like fewer artifacts. However, this also encourages the super-hero strategy, as ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
06 Jan 2006, 18:17
Topic: ERM for dummies
Replies: 43
Views: 98945

I am not planning on new installments, but if there is demand, I may do so, or even break down other scripts (as I did with the cards script) :D
by Qurqirish Dragon
26 Oct 2005, 14:27
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: headline
Replies: 10
Views: 5585

I hope they have a US release. By the time I had a system to play H4, it was gone!
by Qurqirish Dragon
06 Oct 2005, 13:21
Topic: Beta Test is Ready!
Replies: 27
Views: 11180

Well, I have the beta forum on my profile, but I haven't received an e-mail yet. I guess I'm still up in the air...

[added] Of course, Dragons normally LIKE being up in the air, but... ;-)
Edited on Thu, Oct 06 2005, 13:56 by Qurqirish Dragon
by Qurqirish Dragon
28 Sep 2005, 13:27
Topic: Beta Test Delayed Again
Replies: 11
Views: 4755

If there are major problems or bugs that they can handle quickly, then it is best they do that before starting the beta- they don't need a lot of reports about bugs they already are working on. I know that if I become a beta tester, I want to be able to evaluate the gameplay, interface, balance, etc...
by Qurqirish Dragon
28 Sep 2005, 13:21
Topic: WoG 3.59 New Town Movie
Replies: 10
Views: 4549

I had to try 3 times before the free download link appeared, but it does go for free eventually.

I played the movie with Window Media Player. I didn't check the exact format, however, so I do not know which format you need the ability to play.
by Qurqirish Dragon
23 Sep 2005, 13:42
Topic: Sylvan and Academy Creature List
Replies: 33
Views: 11959

About similarities between dungeon and sylvan line-ups: Since the dungeon is an offshoot of the sylvan (the dark elves are "renegade" elves, if you will; read the full dungeon history for more info), it makes sence that they would have similar lineups. FOr example, the Sylvan elves had ven...
by Qurqirish Dragon
24 Aug 2005, 23:18
Topic: Heroes V Beta Test Registration
Replies: 34
Views: 12593

Anyone notice in the survey that under "previous Heroes games" played, they listed Wake of Gods and Equilibrus? I think that counts as *official* acknowledgement of these projects! :-)
by Qurqirish Dragon
17 Aug 2005, 14:40
Topic: Sir Mullich Interview
Replies: 5
Views: 3285

The Forge info was nothing new to me, but the personnel cuts that affected H4 so much was interesting. It explains a lot.

Go to advanced search