Search found 884 matches

by Qurqirish Dragon
17 May 2006, 12:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Splitting the army.
Replies: 8
Views: 3935

It is nice that you can pull your creatures back.But what is stupid is that then you cannot split them in more then 7 stacks.What if I want to put my whole army on the battlefield,but to save,lets say half of my peasants from being slaughtered?And the BF is too small.Why must you be limmited like t...
by Qurqirish Dragon
16 May 2006, 13:37
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: EXPERIENCE - HEROES THEN AND NOW
Replies: 11
Views: 5683

Re: EXPERIENCE - HEROES THEN AND NOW

:?? 1) I have played Heroes II, III & IV and to this point I have yet to discover how exactly experience is calculated during the course of (or after) a battle. Heroes III was helpful enough, showing exactly how much experience was gained after each level, with Heroes IV not showing anything of...
by Qurqirish Dragon
16 May 2006, 13:15
Topic: Register and Win a Bunny!
Replies: 59
Views: 12972

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Yaiks!!!

Luckily I'm a lady.... :D
And how does that protect you? :devil:
Bun-bun can be quite.... creative 8|
by Qurqirish Dragon
11 May 2006, 13:29
Forum: Articles
Topic: Spin the Skill Wheel
Replies: 363
Views: 120758

Re: Skill Wheel

It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I'm completely lost on how this thing works. Choose herotype, and the available skills show up. The lines\arrows show what's needed for what, and hovering your cursor over each skill displays it's description. Also, click on a skill and everything you don...
by Qurqirish Dragon
11 May 2006, 13:24
Topic: Leak
Replies: 293
Views: 59482

2- Don't realize that what matters to companies isn't the number of people who download the game, but the number of people who BUY the game. They dont care if you download it, they only care if you BUY it when it comes out. Except that they can't tell you did both. For example, let's say 100,000 pe...
by Qurqirish Dragon
11 May 2006, 12:55
Topic: Will HoMMV have a Map Editor?
Replies: 79
Views: 22074

I'll buy the game without any form of editor... while it's a nice feature it doesn't imo, make or break the game. A game with a fantastic editor that it is otherwise mediocre won't sell, while a game that itself is fantastic, with no editing potential at all (for instance any consol game that's wor...
by Qurqirish Dragon
10 May 2006, 13:04
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: What are the kind of scripts that don't work multiplayer?
Replies: 19
Views: 10226

I've been working on the script to make stoneskin defense bonus equal to spellpower, and i've achieved to give the creature the bonus defense i want, equal to the spellpower, the problem that i didn't thought because i'm dumb, is that when the spell wears off the bonus doesn't go away :P any sugest...
by Qurqirish Dragon
05 May 2006, 14:04
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V Version Clarification
Replies: 43
Views: 12888

No expansions is really lousy- particularly since there hasn't been a US release of H4 complete. Now I don't know if I want any of the special editions. I think I'll wait until itis on the shelf, and if I can't get it, too bad. The extra trinkets are nice, but it was the ability to et H4 complete th...
by Qurqirish Dragon
05 May 2006, 13:49
Topic: What are the kind of scripts that don't work multiplayer?
Replies: 19
Views: 10226

This mean that my project and chaning how spells work is a lost cause? because it would obviustly need to work around changing creature stats:S :'( You could still do this- it would work fine in hot-seat mode, as well as in player-vs-computer battles in other multiplayer modes. It's up to you to de...
by Qurqirish Dragon
03 May 2006, 14:29
Topic: hydra evolution
Replies: 85
Views: 39488

Well, would you prefer this for the hydra?:
Image :loll:
We even have full anatomy on it:

Image :D

Of course, it is a rather small creature (recall studying them in 9th grade biology under a microscope)... :devil:
by Qurqirish Dragon
02 May 2006, 13:38
Topic: Mods Wipe Demo Mod Threads
Replies: 24
Views: 8000

One reason they may not have removed the file completely is that the main program probably looks for this file and certain settings. Were they to remove the parts dealing with features no longer implemented, they would have to rewrite some of the code in the main program, which leads to more bugs. I...
by Qurqirish Dragon
02 May 2006, 13:25
Topic: Campaign problem
Replies: 12
Views: 11895

Oh I see well thanks for clearing that up. Oh one other thing I have "Heroes III Complete" and when opening the game through regular heroes III I see the WOG button show up but I cant actually use it is that a bug not beeing able to use it I mean or shouldn't the button actually be there?...
by Qurqirish Dragon
02 May 2006, 13:20
Topic: hydra evolution
Replies: 85
Views: 39488

H1 hydra.
There are many creatures that I liked better in H1:
Hydra, Dragon, Troll, Ogre, and definitely the Genie! I think the magic-carpet type was so much better than the lamp type!
by Qurqirish Dragon
30 Apr 2006, 14:36
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Multiple Stacks
Replies: 23
Views: 11399

Looks more like Photoshop to me. ... or other picture editor. Note how the only units in the initiative bar are a stack of 120 marksmen, and a stack of 70 squires. There is only one stack of each of those sizes on the map, let alone of the correct type. If this at all occurred through summons / clo...
by Qurqirish Dragon
28 Apr 2006, 14:59
Topic: Five Haven Heroes Revealed
Replies: 25
Views: 8136

Re: Eight Haven Heroes Revealed

See, this is what I liked about H4 dropping specialties -- the biographies could be interesting instead of just "This is what my special is, and this is why I get that special" :-P Although I would like both, if the choice was between: 1) cookie-cutter heroes with interesting bios and 2) ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
28 Apr 2006, 14:44
Topic: HOMM3-death gaze
Replies: 7
Views: 6996

I think you confused the two first lines. What do you mean? The number of tries should be equal to the number of gorgons. The number of successes should be the number of creatures killed. Also, the probabilities for all numbers of kills greater than gorgons/10 (rounded up) need to be added for the ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
28 Apr 2006, 14:18
Topic: Ultimate Abilities
Replies: 44
Views: 30164

I'd be willing to go for Logistics and Learning as long as the War machines gets replaced with Destructive Magic, Sorcery or SOMETHING useful. Oh yea the Ultimate also requires Luck, but that's the only ability I would take regardless (logistics would be good depending on map). I disagree. I think ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
28 Apr 2006, 13:49
Topic: Heroes V: A Gamble?
Replies: 11
Views: 5052

only if the damage range of the all the creatures are huge, like 1-10, can it be effectively considered pure luck. Well since these are stacks,the ranges do get pretty huge.Something like 100-800. If they do something stupid with stack calculations (say, random damage of 1 cerature times the stack ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
26 Apr 2006, 16:29
Topic: The Expansion
Replies: 110
Views: 26754

Troll -> Regenerator = awkward From the description of the mind-immunity ability, I think "ettin" is what he wants for the upgrade. ;) Gynosphinx (or whatever) = awkward Not awkward, just redundant. Gynosphinx = female sphinx. Similar to androsphinx = male sphinx (or rather, what would be...
by Qurqirish Dragon
26 Apr 2006, 16:19
Topic: The Expansion
Replies: 110
Views: 26754

I am only commenting on aspects that I think are wrong for some reason- if I leave something out, it probably means I do not have any input to give. Do not think that since I am only commenting this way, I do not like your ideas! Hi!! NEW TOWN --> THE STRONGHOLD LEVEL 1 GOBLIN Creature upgrade: HOBG...

Go to advanced search