Search found 884 matches

by Qurqirish Dragon
25 Jun 2011, 13:15
Forum: Campfire
Topic: In Memoriam...
Replies: 367
Views: 198129

Peter Falk - aka. Lieutenant Columbo - died at the age of 83. I never really considered myself a fan of that detective show, but somehow I always found myself watching it whenever it came on the telly ... If you've never seen it, try watching "The In-Laws" (the original one, not the recen...
by Qurqirish Dragon
24 Jun 2011, 13:45
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes Chronicles added on Good Old Games.com!
Replies: 40
Views: 19143

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Meh. The H3C campaigns can be downloaded for free from a chinese website anyway.
Congratulations, you've discovered that pirating software is cheaper than paying for it! :rolleyes:
It's also illegal. :slap:
by Qurqirish Dragon
22 Jun 2011, 13:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Beta stuff
Replies: 4
Views: 2514

Re: Beta stuff

Neidhaart wrote:Some beta stuff posted on official site: Klick me!

Stupid preorder deal... =P
You just should have gotten into the closed beta... :devil:
by Qurqirish Dragon
22 Jun 2011, 13:14
Forum: News
Topic: Week of Might Abilities
Replies: 21
Views: 5919

GreatEmerald wrote:It's exactly the same as in HoMM3...
In HoMM3, you couldn't see the hero stats, only the army composition.
by Qurqirish Dragon
18 Jun 2011, 11:39
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Phoenix
Replies: 23
Views: 8096

I actually like the blue phoenix. It's different and familiar at the same time.
by Qurqirish Dragon
14 Jun 2011, 15:20
Topic: Ubi Art Contest
Replies: 13
Views: 5688

Re: Ubi Art Contest

Wait, M&M "mouse pointers" as a prize? Doesn't sound too generous, Ubi. I guess the only step down from there is offering M&M pixels. I already got one of those-. see? It's hard to tell, but that is not a period, it's actually an official M&M black pixel, as seen in outlines t...
by Qurqirish Dragon
14 Jun 2011, 15:10
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MnM noob :)
Replies: 7
Views: 3057

The most important thing for you is to have a balance of character abilities. You want at least one fighter, and one character who can use either type of magic (I forget what they are called in MM3, but there are 2 main types- one with more healing spells and one with more offensive) IIRC, you can h...
by Qurqirish Dragon
13 Jun 2011, 14:00
Topic: Week of Neutrals
Replies: 17
Views: 5294

Re: Week of Neutrals

The interesting thing is in their description, an earth elemental takes attributes from the rock it is formed from. I wonder if the stats of an E.elemental will vary based on the terrain you fight them on? (e.g. in grassland, they are more mud/dirt, meaning less sturdy, but can take a lot of physica...
by Qurqirish Dragon
12 Jun 2011, 14:32
Topic: Fireball
Replies: 13
Views: 4200

Nothing beats the fireball spell from the board game Dungeon Lords.
To quote the card text:
"Fireball
This popular spell actually has no effect at all. To keep it from losing popularity, monsters should be instructed to shriek and writhe as though in agony."
by Qurqirish Dragon
12 Jun 2011, 14:28
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Anybody played other 90's New World Computing games?
Replies: 17
Views: 6984

Re: Anybody played other 90's New World Computing games?

I've been playing MM3-5 and Swords for years now, but I'm finally getting an itch to explore some other games, particularly from the same time period. I'm looking at some of the New World Computing releases and Heroes 1 and 2 are obvious choices, but Anvil of Dawn and Hammer of the Gods also look p...
by Qurqirish Dragon
10 Jun 2011, 13:58
Topic: Fire Spells Icons
Replies: 12
Views: 3770

According to the mouseover text on their facebook wall post, the hand is Fire Shield. A rank 1 ability which increases magic defense by 4, and inflicts 1 point of damage per creature in the protected stack to anyone attacking it.
by Qurqirish Dragon
08 Jun 2011, 13:24
Topic: Sunburst
Replies: 25
Views: 8129

IIRC the M&M spell "sunray" (light magic, master level) damaged everything, but did extra damage to undead
by Qurqirish Dragon
07 Jun 2011, 13:56
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Can anyone make Bad Luck work in HOMM3?
Replies: 7
Views: 7224

In Heroes 2 you can get -2 luck if you visit a Pyramid that's already been cleaned out. Bad Luck manifests itself as a rain cloud (as opposed to a rainbow) and causes the affected stack to do 1/2 damage. Since it's pretty easy to get some level of Good Luck in H2, it's actually kinda hard to make b...
by Qurqirish Dragon
07 Jun 2011, 13:53
Topic: Fire Spells Revealed
Replies: 27
Views: 7698

Next two spells: View mines and Visions :devil:
by Qurqirish Dragon
29 May 2011, 13:52
Topic: Sanctuary Siege
Replies: 8
Views: 3674

OK. the earliest reference to a dragon turtle I could locate goes to the ancient Chinese animal spirit (one of four, along with a blue dragon, red bird, and white tiger) Once I read that, I recalled several uses of these four creatures in numerous anime titles (with the turtle being Genbu; the other...
by Qurqirish Dragon
28 May 2011, 13:22
Topic: Sanctuary Siege
Replies: 8
Views: 3674

Re: Sanctuary Siege

agni77 wrote:catapult's really nice... half dragon half turtle...
Aren't dragon turtles from Avatar (the airbending one)?
by Qurqirish Dragon
26 May 2011, 13:34
Topic: naming of sanctuary units
Replies: 11
Views: 7166

Arzang wrote: What's up with "Sveltana" as a name? Svetlana is a real name, why just juxtapose two consonants?
You'd have to ask Raelag about anagramming names. :devil:
by Qurqirish Dragon
25 May 2011, 15:07
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 56659

H3, being the awesomeness it was, has/had a myriad of gameplay problems that seem to be addressed in H6. The resource system was bad. Playing a bit of Devil's advocate here: How was it bad? you may not like it, but that doesn't make it bad. The skill system was bland and random. The game was basica...
by Qurqirish Dragon
24 May 2011, 13:29
Topic: Cosmology of the Might and Magic Universe and Ashan
Replies: 35
Views: 50603

All of you (and I do mean all), please remain on topic. Take your personal fights elsewhere.
by Qurqirish Dragon
22 May 2011, 13:04
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: HOMM2 fans will be very happy with this :)
Replies: 6
Views: 7974

Question: do the warlock dragons have 2 upgrades? WoG-wise, a triple upgrade can be done, but I am curious how this project does it. If WOG can support 3 golem upgrades, then it certainly can support two dragon upgrades. It says that this is "compatible with WOG" not that it is a WoG mod....

Go to advanced search