Search found 884 matches

by Qurqirish Dragon
20 Aug 2011, 12:08
Forum: News
Topic: Ubisoft Cancelled a M&M Project
Replies: 20
Views: 5744

Since it was going to be an RTS originally, I doubt it would have come anywhere near a M&M RPG. The genres are simply too far apart to translate well.
by Qurqirish Dragon
16 Aug 2011, 13:15
Topic: No DRM For H6, Conflux Explained
Replies: 22
Views: 10437

Generating your own dynasty, dynasty heroes, etc., will you be able to play your regular maps (or even the campaign) using your dynasty features? Or will it only be possible on other, downloadable maps? On which maps will we be able to play Conflux? Campaign must have its own heroes for the storyli...
by Qurqirish Dragon
09 Aug 2011, 13:42
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: How do skill-related character specialties work?
Replies: 7
Views: 4448

It depends on the artifact. Some are additive (30% + 10% = 40%) and others are multiplicative (30% "+" 10% = 33%). I believe the necromancy artifacts are all additive, with a 100% cap (you can't raise more HP/creatures then there originally are)
by Qurqirish Dragon
07 Aug 2011, 14:26
Topic: When's the best week to build a dragons cave (HOMM3 dungeon)
Views: 4474

@Pikeman, You did not answer my question from other (how many still?) thread: Imagine you start on a template with dungeon and shakti -common start for dungeon-. You get another warlock in tavern + a trog dwelling near your town (common situation on most random templates). Now Shakti has tactics, t...
by Qurqirish Dragon
06 Aug 2011, 12:11
Topic: When's the best week to build a dragons cave (HOMM3 dungeon)
Views: 4474

Most 7th level creatures should be built ASAP, to start stockpiling them, even if you don't use them immediately. Also, you can afford not to upgrade something, since the level 2 magic guild will almost certainly have some direct damage to use, and a mana vortex is also useful for Dungeon. The upgra...
by Qurqirish Dragon
02 Aug 2011, 13:55
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Diablo III
Replies: 442
Views: 129756

If online is *REQUIRED* then I won't even consider buying it. Even if I agreed with all their reasons, and supported it (which I don't), there is still the fact that if my ISP goes down (which it has an annoying habit of doing), then I will be unable to play, and if it goes down while playing, I'll ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
02 Aug 2011, 13:40
Topic: Are these good build orders?
Replies: 10
Views: 14871

why build wyverns if gorgons can do everything wyverns can do but better? If possible, I build wyverns on day 3 or 4. 6 wyverns at the start of week 2 is usually enough all by themselves to clear everything without losses (particularly if you have haste or slow, and take a dragonfly for first actio...
by Qurqirish Dragon
02 Aug 2011, 13:34
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: DRM for Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Replies: 40
Views: 28836

We're still pushing for info on whether there is any other form of copy protection. Irina just confirmed it: "there will not be any other copy protection in Heroes VI." They seem to be doing it the StarDock way - wanting to offer some kind of online bonus material as an incentive for peop...
by Qurqirish Dragon
31 Jul 2011, 13:25
Topic: [H3] Is there a way to change difficulty mid-game ?
Replies: 3
Views: 1966

Salamandre wrote:The fastest way is to add one event in editor which gives you on day one what you need.

AI will surely not appreciate the work around!
The only problem with this is if you want to play a random map (although creating the random in the editor, rather than on the fly can fix this as well)
by Qurqirish Dragon
30 Jul 2011, 13:33
Topic: [H3] Is there a way to change difficulty mid-game ?
Views: 1966

Re: [H3] Is there a way to change difficulty mid-game ?

Hello, Does anyone know a way to do this, such as editing the savegame file ? I usually play on Hard, or Normal when I'm lazy, but I now feel that Normal is too easy and I almost never lose on that difficulty. I think I would like to play against Expert or Impossible AI but starting with the same r...
by Qurqirish Dragon
27 Jul 2011, 13:08
Topic: HoMM is disappointing
Replies: 53
Views: 17956

Say hi to multiple core 3+GHz each processors... Yes, they are here. But they are not AS MUCH more powerful than previous. I can assume 10 times more. Are you ready to wait 5 minutes instead of 50? But implementation is the key factor here, of course. Processing power doubles every 6 months... isn'...
by Qurqirish Dragon
23 Jul 2011, 12:57
Topic: Pit lords's summoning ability - gimmicky or no? (HOMM3)
Replies: 9
Views: 10921

OK, I dug out myu H3 quick reference card, so I can get the correct numbers: Pit Lords have 45 HP each. Demons have 35. A stack of PLs, when raising demons will create the lesser of: a) the number of creatures in the raised stack b) the number of HP/35 of creatures in the raised stack c) the number ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
22 Jul 2011, 13:28
Topic: Pit lords's summoning ability - gimmicky or no? (HOMM3)
Views: 10921

Huh, do you always keep the demons? Somehow I thought that they disappear after the battle. I guess that would mean that it would pay to have a suicidal squad of imps equal to the amount of pit lords you have and you can upgrade them to demons easily. But then, as you said, you need Town Portal to ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
22 Jul 2011, 13:23
Topic: creature dwellings or economy buildings on week 1?
Replies: 35
Views: 13231

Anyway what Salamandre said. Evil Eyes over Medusae mainly because (iirc) they're easier to get to and they suffice, although I'll say as well that Dungeon isn't a race I have much experience with either. Actually medusa are much better, but they also have a very low growth rate (I think a base of ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
18 Jul 2011, 17:52
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: 3500 Naga Queens
Views: 3238

Because of the large obstacle in the middle, blind OR force field was enough to do this battle.
by Qurqirish Dragon
18 Jul 2011, 17:40
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: An Army of Behemoths
Replies: 18
Views: 5409

Funny...I click on the page [2] link and it says: "No posts exist for this topic" Even though it shows 2 pages, I had to click on 1 and reply from there. Now that I have posted, the second page works :/ Strange. There's a glitch in the forums, if there are *exactly* 15n posts, then someti...
by Qurqirish Dragon
18 Jul 2011, 17:27
Topic: Celebrating 25 Years of Might and Magic
Replies: 51
Views: 18400

Re: Celebrating 25 Years of Might and Magic

CloudRiderX wrote:Thank god they didn't include Quest for the Dragonbone Staff for the PS2. THAT was a terrible game.
Wasn't that just a re-named King's Bounty?
by Qurqirish Dragon
02 Jul 2011, 11:59
Topic: General Advice When Starting Out
Views: 2340

I know you'll think this isn't helpful, but: Play on easy, so you have lots of resources to start with. Play a few individual scenarios before the campaigns (but do the first campaign scenario before this, since IIRC that is a "tutorial" level), and try different strategies (explore thorou...
by Qurqirish Dragon
02 Jul 2011, 11:51
Topic: Celebrating 25 Years of Might and Magic
Replies: 51
Views: 18400

They didn't do it, but this was an excellent (and thus a wasted) chance to hint at the next M&M project. They could have put a small image on the horizon of their "fly-by" titled "Might and Magic X" or whatever is next in the works.

Nice video, though.
by Qurqirish Dragon
01 Jul 2011, 13:27
Topic: Michael Figurine Completed
Replies: 26
Views: 7150

Re: Michael Figurine Completed

A black dragon would have been great though... even if it's not in the game yet. How about a blue phoenix? Sulphur not included. It seems there are 500 of these made. Quite optimistic for a figure of unknown and not recognizable character. Especially for the price they are aiming for. 500? O_o OK, ...

Go to advanced search