Search found 884 matches

by Qurqirish Dragon
22 Sep 2011, 14:08
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic X: Character Races?
Replies: 72
Views: 29301

Deus Ex didn't have dwarves. Final Fantasy didn't have dwarves. Hellgate: London didn't have dwarves. Some Final Fantasy games do have dwarfs. Lalli-ho! :D More recent FF games don't have any of the classic fantasy races (elves, orcs, etc.) I don't know about the online versions, however (11, 14).
by Qurqirish Dragon
22 Sep 2011, 14:05
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Question on Archery penalty
Replies: 3
Views: 3150

Some units have different ranges, but I believe the "short range" line is 5 tiles.
If a unit is behind castle walls, it also takes 1/2 damage, but I do not recall if this stacks with long-range (in which case it would be 25% damage)
by Qurqirish Dragon
22 Sep 2011, 13:36
Forum: News
Topic: Hardcore Might and Magic
Replies: 7
Views: 3916

Re: Hardcore Might and Magic

Not a bad article, but I have to snort derisively at this, about MM 6: "There are also no arrows on the map to tell you where you need to go (as in the latest Elder Scrolls and Fallout games) either, making it difficult to find out exactly where you need to go." Oh noes, how did anyone ev...
by Qurqirish Dragon
20 Sep 2011, 13:58
Topic: heroes V collectors edition keyboard and mouse not respondin
Replies: 27
Views: 19945

I got lucky and figured out the administrator password, thank god I really did not feel like reinstalling windows. The problem I have now is getting the administrator option to show up when I boot my PC in regular mode right now it only shows up in safe mode. Thanks for your help so far. What OS is...
by Qurqirish Dragon
14 Sep 2011, 14:27
Topic: Heroic: town borders
Replies: 12
Views: 11474

Several of these ideas seem to be directly from Disciples. Cases in point: Terraforming area that is controlled / towns ranges of influence: this has been a staple of the disciples games. Every turn that you own a town or control point, its influence spreads. Higher level towns spread faster. If you...
by Qurqirish Dragon
14 Sep 2011, 14:17
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 94670

Just a technical quibble with the poll: You should have a "strongly disagree" choice, or NOT have "strongly agree" By having unbalanced choices, you are (hopefully unintentionally) biasing the poll, as many will see the middle two choices as "neutral" and the extremes a...
by Qurqirish Dragon
14 Sep 2011, 13:54
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 2
Views: 1999

Duplicate thread / poll locked. Please use the other, identical topic to vote/comment. --QQD
by Qurqirish Dragon
11 Sep 2011, 13:45
Topic: Heroic: heroes
Replies: 28
Views: 12124

What Pitsu says seems like a good way to go, imho. How it will look like, it's another matter. But taking from that grid from FFX, I was trying to say that every level you achieved, you would have access to a primary cell (a main Skill or a Spell Level). This cell would give means to activate other...
by Qurqirish Dragon
10 Sep 2011, 13:58
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: MMHK launches in the UK and US
Replies: 10
Views: 8488

Kalah wrote:Kingdoms goes into Chapter 3 next week - any joiners? ;)
As I've said elsewhere, I'll probably be in.

Nobody contacted me yet alliance-wise, so I am currently a free agent (although I haven't checked my account there recently, I might have an invite waiting)
by Qurqirish Dragon
10 Sep 2011, 13:47
Topic: Heroic: heroes
Replies: 28
Views: 12124

Re: Heroic: heroes

Just a little note: you weren't around when 3DO wanted to offer the Artifact Forge back in Heroes III were you? All hell broke loose. I don't think the artifact forge here is the same as the forge town. @ Panda: Do you mean a really extensive grid, with specific paths (as FFX), more free-flowing gr...
by Qurqirish Dragon
10 Sep 2011, 13:40
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: A Customer Service
Replies: 6
Views: 3296

GreatEmerald wrote:This is for the Conflux only, I assume?
Yes (or at least during the closed beta it was)- if the servers are down (or you don't have an internet connection), you cannot access your legacy stuff, but can still play the main game.
by Qurqirish Dragon
10 Sep 2011, 13:38
Topic: Heroes Kingdoms Season 3
Views: 3153

So you actually arrange an alliance outside the game first? You don't have to, but if one member of an alliance invites another into the game, they are guaranteed to start fairly close to each-other on the world map. If you just enter the game, you may not be near anyone who wants you / can accommo...
by Qurqirish Dragon
09 Sep 2011, 13:25
Topic: Heroic: spells
Replies: 22
Views: 10130

Furthermore I would make it more like the MM spell system in general. By casting spells of one school you earn proficiency and at a point you receive a new grade (basic> expert > master) With every grad new spells of the school are available and already learned spells are stronger/have additional e...
by Qurqirish Dragon
09 Sep 2011, 13:21
Topic: Heroes Kingdoms Season 3
Views: 3153

I'll likely be popping back then - I didn't feel like playing the beta servers for season 3. It's really important to get in an alliance early, though, so if you are new, you might want to go to the MMHK forums before the 15th and see if you can arrange an invite to an alliance.
by Qurqirish Dragon
08 Sep 2011, 13:33
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Replaying Might and Magic VII (Finally Beat MM7)
Replies: 42
Views: 22669

well, let me rephrase. I just think it had a major downside in that any single game of MM7 "feels" shorter due to a third of all quests (let's not forget, all promotion quests not of your alignment and 4 main quests make up a huge chunk of the game) not being available to you in that game...
by Qurqirish Dragon
07 Sep 2011, 14:10
Topic: Heroic: town creatures
Replies: 13
Views: 7279

I did once consider a building where you could, in a siege, recruit all unrecruited creatures for half their normal cost, but they'd only stick around for the one battle. Another idea I'd had (you couldn't do it now) was being able to recruit for free a stack of tier 1 creatures whose strength was ...
by Qurqirish Dragon
07 Sep 2011, 14:04
Topic: Heroic: artefacts
Views: 10122

Regarding the way to stack or show artifacts in town, imho, that could be arranged by having a Hall of Trophies - a fictional building - to arrange monuments and spoils of war. Adding to the monument idea (which is a longing of mine for rather a while :) ), there are prizes people can praise, proba...
by Qurqirish Dragon
07 Sep 2011, 14:00
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Haven Fort Converted
Replies: 5
Views: 2843

Because stone is so "medieval" and wood is more ... er ... well WE build out of more wood than stone, right?
by Qurqirish Dragon
29 Aug 2011, 01:14
Topic: Recommended Games: Suggestions?
Replies: 24
Views: 11394

Variol wrote: For RPG's, of course there's the M&M series of games, but it's hard to top Wizardry 8.
But if you can get them (and get them to run) Wiz 8 is best if you have a party you start in Wiz 6 and bring forward!

Of course, Wiz6 is in EGA, so you may not be able to stomach the graphics.
by Qurqirish Dragon
20 Aug 2011, 12:11
Topic: Why Should I Buy HoMM 6?
Views: 17348

Heroes 6 seems to be slower paced than previous games. Creatures have a lot more hit points and they no longer have the attack skill so they do a lot less damage. For example, in previous Heroes games, a level 7 creature can kill 10 to 20 level 1 creatures in one hit. Even the weakest level 7 creat...

Go to advanced search