Search found 170 matches

by ToweringAmishPlumber
29 Apr 2006, 16:34
Forum: News
Topic: New Campaign - Dragon's Fate
Replies: 116
Views: 53046

New Campaign - Dragon's Fate

Double Bravo Jeff! For those of us who love Heroes IV, any new map (and especially a new campaign) is a cause for celebration! And anyone who puts the kind of time and effort you did into creating a campaign deserves a huge pat on the back.
by ToweringAmishPlumber
26 Apr 2006, 22:35
Topic: The Demo summary: Fans vs Critics
Replies: 30
Views: 8403

The Demo Summary: Fans vs Critics

Bravo to Ethric and dragonn! I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why "fans" can't enjoy each game on its own - I do. I still play all 4 Heroes games. Each had it's own flavor and something to offer. The only thing that really disappointed me about Heroes IV was the lack of a random m...
by ToweringAmishPlumber
21 Apr 2006, 01:56
Topic: New Map: One by one
Replies: 22
Views: 8237

New Map: One by one

Well said Corribus - I totally agree.
by ToweringAmishPlumber
17 Apr 2006, 22:41
Topic: Tips for the Demo Maps
Replies: 14
Views: 5220

Tips for the Demo Maps

I sure as hell hope the final shrink-wrap version isn't like that. I don't understand why so many map makers, including the company employees, apparently go to a great deal of trouble to make a fairly attractive/beautiful map and then put a time limit on them. This usually means it is nothing more t...
by ToweringAmishPlumber
03 Apr 2006, 22:36
Topic: Cut Scenes... and a Cranky
Replies: 9
Views: 3263

Cut Scenes... and a Cranky

Man, how adolescent can you get! "Girls..", not women, not even ladies. And of course wearing nothing but bra and g-string. And whats with their hair? - it looks like the top of their heads exploded.
by ToweringAmishPlumber
20 Mar 2006, 23:24
Topic: Heroes V Collector's Edition
Replies: 12
Views: 5244

Heroes V Collector's Edition

Congratulations to TheJet who obviously read the fine print. Before you U.S. fans rush to order the Super Collectors etc.... edition, see below: (this is quoted directly from the referenced web site) 4.000 Super Collectors Edition available: - 3.000 Super Collectors Edition are for sales and include...
by ToweringAmishPlumber
28 Feb 2006, 23:24
Forum: Articles
Topic: Discourses with Fabrice
Replies: 24
Views: 8282

Discourses with Fabrice

Cleanpea and infael: Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately, I have checked a bunch of web sites and some brick and mortar stores. The only thing that seems to be available is Heroes IV orihinal, but not either expansion (unless I want to pay outrageous prices on an auction site).
by ToweringAmishPlumber
27 Feb 2006, 23:11
Topic: Discourses with Fabrice
Replies: 24
Views: 8282

Discourses with Fabrice

I apologize for going somewhat off-topic, but has ANYONE heard anything about a reissue of Heroes IV and it's expansions. I would really like to buy it without spending a robber-baron price for a used copy. I would appreciate any news anyone might have.

Thanks.
by ToweringAmishPlumber
22 Feb 2006, 00:01
Topic: Suggested Readings
Replies: 10
Views: 3074

Suggested Readings

"Elsewhere, Gamasutra talks about the most attractive genres for game publishers." Not only is this article about console games, but it seems to have nothing to with Heros of Might and Magic.
by ToweringAmishPlumber
16 Feb 2006, 22:59
Topic: Four Sylvan Heroes
Replies: 42
Views: 14907

Sylvan Heroes

Actually I think they look like a cross between American Indians and Vikings. Their ears could double for horns on a viking helmet - they are that big.
by ToweringAmishPlumber
07 Feb 2006, 23:34
Topic: Beta Key Shortage
Replies: 30
Views: 9754

Beta Key Shortage

ThunderTitan: I don't know how much he is trying to sell the CDs' for, but depending on how much they are it might not be such a bad deal. Even on broadband (and I'm still on a dial-up modem!), downloading and copying 780+ (!) maps could be a very time consuming and tedious task. With my dial-up mod...
by ToweringAmishPlumber
31 Jan 2006, 23:33
Topic: Statistics of All Creatures
Replies: 38
Views: 13719

Creature Statistics

Rhutobello: You state "you have never been and will never be a fan of HoMM!" Oh really. I own and have played extensively (and am still playing): Heroes of Might & Magic (the original) Heroes II of Might & Magic Heroes II of Might & Magic - The Price of Loyalty Heroes II of Mig...
by ToweringAmishPlumber
30 Jan 2006, 22:24
Topic: Statistics of All Creatures
Replies: 38
Views: 13719

Creature Statistics

GACK! That is the ugliest set of creatures I've ever seen. Well, at least it finalized my feeling that I will NOT be buying Heroes V.
by ToweringAmishPlumber
15 Dec 2005, 00:15
Topic: Beta Extended, Open Beta Delayed
Views: 7727

@Furay: Oh come on - half the comments on the web site are "Way off topic". In any case, since the topic was "...the Heroes of Might and Magic V beta test..", I was responding to the negative comments about the HOMM IV release. Also, since when does April have 31 days!?
by ToweringAmishPlumber
14 Dec 2005, 00:02
Topic: Beta Extended, Open Beta Delayed
Views: 7727

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love and play all Heroes and expansions - they are all great in their own way. And on balance, Heroes IV changes improved the game. I LIKE HEROES IV - frankly it's awesome to build a hero through a long scenario or campaign to a very high level and watch ...
by ToweringAmishPlumber
22 Nov 2005, 23:52
Topic: Map Testing Update
Replies: 2
Views: 1965

When I click "here" I get a screen with The Desert and Dragon Slaughter, but not Order vs Chaos. Also, in the sentence "Both Order vs. Chaos (XL/WoW/MP)...", I assume WoW stands for Winds of War. However, when I click on the Order vs Chaos mini map on the main page it takes me to...
by ToweringAmishPlumber
16 Nov 2005, 00:05
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Bugs
Replies: 31
Views: 12556

Mitzah, the games may have been developed by NWC, but the caption says: "Vepeli's collection of Might and Magic titles..." and the

games I mentioned are definitely not Might and Magic titles.
by ToweringAmishPlumber
13 Nov 2005, 23:32
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Bugs
Replies: 31
Views: 12556

An impressive collection, but since when were "Planets Edge", "Anvil of Doom", "Inherit the Earth", "Nuclear War"!!!, and "Wetlands" "Might and Magic titles..."?
by ToweringAmishPlumber
08 Nov 2005, 00:55
Topic: New Map: Tales of Destiny
Replies: 3
Views: 2311

We playtested Tales of Destiny and really enjoyed it. We would definitely recommend it.

Don and Linda Bryant
by ToweringAmishPlumber
26 Oct 2005, 22:07
Topic: Heroes IV Complete Shots
Replies: 8
Views: 3004

So big deal. When (if?) will it be available in the U.S.?

Go to advanced search