Search found 228 matches

by Nelgirith
03 Sep 2010, 16:49
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: How hard is it to look at Heroes 3 specifics for a 3D heroes
Replies: 35
Views: 14359

I'm sure if Ubi made an exact copy of Heroes 3 just in nice 3D, you'd be the first to cry about their lack of inspiration ;|
by Nelgirith
03 Sep 2010, 13:36
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 107739

Darkström wrote:I wouldn't be suprised if the blue water snake thing we saw in a video was lvl 7 (champion).
That's a boss.
by Nelgirith
02 Sep 2010, 22:09
Topic: Your likes/dislikes in Heroes6 game design
Replies: 113
Views: 52608

As for the caravan situation, is there any real news as to why it won't be needed? I only ask because Nival didn't think caravans were needed either, but because they were morons that couldn't see the big picture they had to be convinced as to why it was. I just hope this isn't another case of not ...
by Nelgirith
02 Sep 2010, 15:38
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 143130

ecsunotos wrote:
Humakt wrote: And King's Bounty is not even a strategy game.
What's the definition of strategy game ?
Definately not KB. KB is about as strategic as a Doom-like ;|

Cast huge AE spell, use superdwagon-skill, send in the dragons, get to next fight.
by Nelgirith
02 Sep 2010, 15:30

It's not Black Hole that decides about the style. It's Ubisoft, and their main artist that sets the style for all other designs is Oliver Ledroit. You might notice that the new Necropolis designs are far closer to his work that the ones Nival did, so if there is a Naga faction in, I suppose the sty...
by Nelgirith
02 Sep 2010, 07:42

Aye, all the naga concepts were drawn by Olivier Ledroit and Adrian Smith for Nival for H5 (Remember the Naga Pavillion thingie in TotE ?). Tbh I don't see Ubisoft putting a Naga Geisha in a PEGI 12 game (without saying that it looks absolutely ugly). The arts by Adrian Smith were much better : http...
by Nelgirith
01 Sep 2010, 07:27
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 138349

Or you could simply choose whether you want to cast Fist of Wrath, Eldritch Arrow, Lightning Bolt or Ice Bolt ;|
by Nelgirith
31 Aug 2010, 09:39
Topic: Heroes VI seems to be reinventing the wheel. Good or bad?
Replies: 37
Views: 17059

Mirez wrote:For example vampiers with last stand in heroes 5. I'd gladly sacrefice ghost recruitment for more vampires
Except that you'd have to sacrifice Liches and Wraith for your vampires :)
by Nelgirith
30 Aug 2010, 13:20
Topic: 2 last towns almost official, it appears they killed titans
Replies: 96
Views: 40087

Kalah wrote:I'd still like to see sources for all new information, to avoid rumours escalating. Do we have official confirmation on the towns?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VKlITEDOV8 (at 1:20) :) Can't make it any more official !
by Nelgirith
30 Aug 2010, 11:00
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83691

I find it amazing how people say it makes the game easier, less strategic when we've not seen how the game works. Who says there's any "crystallized blood dragon" mine ? (with such a name, a mine would be unlogical). This ressource could be obtained only by killing packs of mobs or looted ...
by Nelgirith
29 Aug 2010, 13:37
Topic: New, new info (29. Aug)
Replies: 69
Views: 31125

Soronarr wrote:Because it sucks? Really, create a NEW creature, don't take one existing creature and changing it. Phoenix has connotations. It has a meaning.

This type of thinking got us sparky "vampires". Really...
No comment ... :devious:
by Nelgirith
29 Aug 2010, 13:27

Mirez wrote:it certainly took the griffin a long time to fly (way to high btw) a few tiles forward, rotate 45 degrees and attack...
they really gotta make it more smooth
I think the settings were on slow speed though :) (at least I hope so!)
by Nelgirith
29 Aug 2010, 12:20

Ha! That's true! Which makes Vampire looks even more gay. Town converting is LAME. Done by the easiest way with no development at all. BANG! And Haven town is now Necropolis. Ha-ha, very funny. 1. You didn't read anything about town conversion, did you ? 2. It's only a video footage of the Gamescon...
by Nelgirith
29 Aug 2010, 12:11

Blue Phoenixes? what are they smoking down there I wonder why are phoenixes connected to Moon now? Unless it is a dark magic spell it makes little sense for a summoned creature. If it is in a town, what town is it and if it is neutral why is its connection with the Moon so important? What is so bad...
by Nelgirith
27 Aug 2010, 17:39
Topic: some new information (27. Aug)
Replies: 34
Views: 16459

3 tiers but still 7 kind of creatures per castle. Creatures of the same tier/category have similar stats but different abilities/roles. Each tier/category will have a shared "growth" pool. Say if you can buy 100 "core" creatures this wek, a Haven player could choose any mix of 10...
by Nelgirith
26 Aug 2010, 14:53
Topic: Story
Replies: 22
Views: 10705

tress wrote:Strategy part of Might and magic series never accented it's sci-fi part that was signature in RPG's. And actually I think it works better that way.
I agree. While I always loved the M&M games, I never liked their endings I think it just killed the whole plot
by Nelgirith
26 Aug 2010, 12:04
Topic: Story
Replies: 22
Views: 10705

Elvin, so it`s highly possible that one of these siblings is demon Sovereign? :D I doubt it since the Archangel is trying to reunite all the brothers/sisters to fight against the Inferno. The knight who dies in the trailer could be the new Sovereign. That woman tried to put his soul in the sword bu...
by Nelgirith
26 Aug 2010, 09:32
Topic: Impressions from Gamescom
Replies: 82
Views: 62250

The Warhammer/Armies of Exigo engine from Black Hole has been upgraded for H6.

And since you'll most likely ask me how I know it : http://de.krautgaming.com/5133/neue-fea ... gekundigt/
Check the interview :)
by Nelgirith
26 Aug 2010, 09:31
Topic: Area of Control [forts]
Replies: 62
Views: 35991

I'm wondering if it's that much optionnal. 1. Option 1 : Only a mapmaker can decide whether it's on or off. If the mapmaker activates them, you'll have to play with them and iIf he doesn't you won't play with them. It would be stupid if 2 players playing one against the other and 1 decides to opt-ou...
by Nelgirith
26 Aug 2010, 09:24
Topic: Impressions from Gamescom
Replies: 82
Views: 62250

I like the graphic direction the game has taken so far. Darker graphics and buildings/units/heroes looks less huge and less cartoonish. So far, it looks a bit more "realistic" (I hate this word for a game) but without losing its touch of magic.

Go to advanced search