Search found 228 matches

by Nelgirith
19 Sep 2010, 14:09
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 120070

I don't know how anyone can say Roland died during his captivity?. Have you guys not played Heroes 3 and MM7 ? Roland and Catherine died to the Reckoning (or at least noone ever heard of them after the Reckoning). After the fall of Xenofex and Lucifer Kreegan, Roland and Catherine left Enroth for An...
by Nelgirith
18 Sep 2010, 12:45
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What's The Worst Faction ?
Views: 100532

Enlighten me as to the difference between a "nod" and a "sly hint". If they wanted to make it a clear case of 'totally different world, no reference' they could have done so. Repeat after me " EASTER EGG ". It's not because there was a panzer and a crashed plane in som...
by Nelgirith
18 Sep 2010, 07:02
Topic: Real question: will you buy this with Ubisoft DRM?
Replies: 47
Views: 21817

Voted 3 :P

I do NOT buy any Ubisoft game ... except HoMM :(
by Nelgirith
17 Sep 2010, 23:12

Your post makes absolutely no sense
by Nelgirith
17 Sep 2010, 14:20

The current Inferno faction is much worse than even the weird Necro-Kreegan alliance from HoMM IV - now we have hopelessly trivial demons, trying to break free from the same old boring prison realm and do something nasty afterward. Their agenda is brainless destruction and basically that's all that...
by Nelgirith
16 Sep 2010, 14:43
Topic: HOMM VI Collector's Edition?
Replies: 60
Views: 33506

Darkström wrote:I don't like special in-game content in collector editions. Doesn't make sense to me.
Special looks or special trails are fine, but I highly doubt they'll make special units or artifacts as there would be too many issues for online games
by Nelgirith
15 Sep 2010, 13:35
Topic: Heroes VI Summary
Replies: 19
Views: 94906

Vitirr (I think it was him :D ) posted his report from the Gamescon : http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.es/portal/index.php?module=Contenidos&func=view&pid=19 There are some interesting tidbits : Gameplay : - No skill will affect the speed or the cost of town conversion - Heroes will have dis...
by Nelgirith
15 Sep 2010, 11:47
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 107788

Elvin wrote:fun units are more important than mythological accuracy.
I rather see them deforming mythology to create their own one, but it seems people are too stubborn and aren't ready for that ;| (just look at the reactions about the blue phoenix)
by Nelgirith
15 Sep 2010, 09:05
Topic: More official info (10 Sept)
Replies: 39
Views: 17082

Oh my, I totally missed that ... I should stop posting late :p I understood his question as how would it work if a Haven town had a skeleton dwelling in its area of control ? Which would have been a good question imo :p 1) would you be able to recruit skeletons in your city ? (doubtfully) 2) would y...
by Nelgirith
14 Sep 2010, 22:19

Yes, one could say that, with the new whacky continuity that Ubi have created. Well, there is NO whacky continuity because Ubi clearly stated that there is NO continuity at all ! From H5, it's a brand new universe with absolutely zero connection to previous HoMM games, be it Enroth, Erathia or Axeo...
by Nelgirith
14 Sep 2010, 22:09

Re: So here is a question that I have not seen anybody ask y

If the Towns no longer have creature dwellings "inside them" and you collect your creatures from dwellings on the map....then what if the Map dwellings are not associated with your particular castle? No idea. My own common sense would say that if a dwelling is not the same as your own cas...
by Nelgirith
14 Sep 2010, 18:00

The fact that they worship Shalassa, the Dragon of Water and deity of wisdom/peace/diplomacy should be enough to classify them as good :)
by Nelgirith
14 Sep 2010, 17:30

They can do that just by giving us a "make a sense" story of the unit as a "reason" why it join a faction and than move to another one or just by remaking unit design so that it fits the new town or any other "tricks". Think you're asking way too much from a company th...
by Nelgirith
14 Sep 2010, 07:35

I think there are 3 kind of factions people hate : - factions that don't fit their likings and that can range from Dark Elves have nothing to do in a Heroes game to Necros are ugly etc etc.... - factions that are too hard to play. Inferno has always been hated because you couldn't steamroll through ...
by Nelgirith
14 Sep 2010, 07:24
Topic: forgotten adventure spells
Replies: 20
Views: 10002

A spell like DD (probably Fly or the Boots of Levitation too) are breaking the purpose of a "bottleneck" on a map. If a stack of dragons is keeping the access to a rich area, it has a purpose, no matter what penalty you can add to DD, the player who gets DD can gain an advantage on a playe...
by Nelgirith
11 Sep 2010, 07:52

The only issue I see is that Nagas in Ashan are supposed to be peaceful and good-aligned while Medusas (Medusae ?) aren't. They could fit in as a twisted version of Nagas and as a neutral creature though.
by Nelgirith
10 Sep 2010, 19:47

Also, is there any info on what happens to creature dwellings after you convert a town? I mean, if I go from Castle to Necropolis, will say an Archer's dwelling be converted as well to whatever the level equivalent is for Necro? In one of the previews, it was said that we will be able to convert to...
by Nelgirith
10 Sep 2010, 16:01

5 campaigns of 4 maps, 1 per faction, playable in any order, with an optional tutorial map and a mandatory prologue map. Sound bit odd from story telling perspective to not have chronological campaigns, then again games like avp2 managed to make it work real good. The 5 campaigns are supposed to ha...
by Nelgirith
03 Sep 2010, 22:44
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83703

Is that sarcasm? People who just want to fight battles should be playing a different game, Heroes of Might and Magic is a 'strategy game' not a 'fighting game'. Isn't the most strategic part of this game ... the fights ? If you consider anything else in Heroes strategic, you sure are playing a diff...
by Nelgirith
03 Sep 2010, 16:51

I wouldn't be suprised if the blue water snake thing we saw in a video was lvl 7 (champion). That's a boss. Yes, but where is said that bosses aren't regular creatures? The head does look Asian... Well, the concept of a boss fight is supposed to be a 1 monster army that is strong enough to wipe you...

Go to advanced search