Search found 228 matches

by Nelgirith
Oct 3 2010, 21:17
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Initiative
Replies: 21
Views: 7359

Mirez wrote:I agree how can a peasant move as many times as an archangel?

Dunno, how fast is an Archangel ? ;)
by Nelgirith
Oct 1 2010, 17:10
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: DRM for Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Replies: 40
Views: 19832

Roman wrote:I would have no problem if Ubisoft offered a Steam version for those who like it, but that would not be a game I would buy, so hopefully they will provide a completely non-online based version too.

That is not likely to happen.
by Nelgirith
Oct 1 2010, 15:50
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: DRM for Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Replies: 40
Views: 19832

(it was the reason I didn't purchase Civilization V [Steam is still online-based DRM, though nowhere near as strict as Ubisoft's online DDRM] You did a mistake then. You only need to be online to install the game and patches, but you can play in offline mode. I really hope they'll go the Steam way ...
by Nelgirith
Oct 1 2010, 15:10
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: DRM for Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Replies: 40
Views: 19832

We don't know and the dev team doesn't know either. It will be Ubisoft's marketing team's decision, not the dev team.
Ubisoft has started working with Steam though, so this might replace the DRM (like it does for Civilization 5)
by Nelgirith
Oct 1 2010, 9:28
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 78972

tress wrote:And Have faction is shown as "order rather than good", and TOE avenging angel units, and fallen knight perks makes faction much less one sided.

Not really. The renegade units were just more extreme in the Order scheme, kinda like the Spanish Inquisition.
by Nelgirith
Sep 27 2010, 14:16
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 87759

ThunderTitan wrote:And the story of how the devs got to make the game is mind blowing.


You mean about how hellish it is to work for Games Workshop ? :devil:
by Nelgirith
Sep 27 2010, 10:59
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 87759

Well, if that is so, then you cannot claim it's "dullness" as a state of fact, now can you? Neither can you claim it's a cool faction then :P You don't want them to be heavily armored, I don't want them to look as dull as they are in previous Heroes. So we can only agree that we disagree ;)
by Nelgirith
Sep 27 2010, 10:07
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 87759

Soronarr wrote:And no, Haven is not dull. Quite the opposite.

Tastes and opinions ...
by Nelgirith
Sep 25 2010, 21:33
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Archangel Castle's Q&A session
Replies: 16
Views: 9583

Secret_Holder wrote:I've not been up to date with the HoMM VI news, but what is city conversion?

You can convert at a ressource and time cost a city you captured to your own faction.
by Nelgirith
Sep 24 2010, 22:32
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 87759

The Haven units fit in the theme of Fighters of the Light God and Protectors of Ashan. I doubt Angels would ally themselves with crappy units like peasants (as in H5) If you read the way the Haven is described on the Facebook preview : The Haven nobles are excited when they hear that a Demon invasio...
by Nelgirith
Sep 24 2010, 19:59
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 87759

The art direction remains somewhat childish with these ridiculous weapons and armors - especially regarding the Haven troops, where even the most basic infantry is equipped with ornameted plate mails and sophisticated looking offensive armament. At least for the time being however, the concept art ...
by Nelgirith
Sep 24 2010, 9:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Archangel Castle's Q&A session
Replies: 16
Views: 9583

Archangel Castle's Q&A session

Archangel Castle had its Q&A session with Ubisoft : http://www.archangelcastle.com/h6_presentation_QAAC Keep in mind that the questions were gathered 3 weeks ago, so some infos that got unveiled lately weren't known at the time we asked them :P MAP EDITOR : Will it be possible to customize the ...
by Nelgirith
Sep 23 2010, 23:01
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 67189

Let me put it this way. When Ubisoft decided to have Heroes of might and magic V in a diffrent universe than the other HOMM games fans of the series were furious, because Ubisoft was being unauthentic with their game series. Just as the changes Ubisoft made in HOMMV angred you and others, it angers...
by Nelgirith
Sep 23 2010, 16:24
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 81091

tolich wrote:
Nikolai Ironfist wrote:I can only assume that the devils took the capital city.

Just an assumption, not an assertion.

That's what we've been trying to make him understand for several pages (and several topics) ;|
by Nelgirith
Sep 23 2010, 16:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Lets talk about War Machines
Replies: 58
Views: 12279

Soronarr wrote:Healing Tents are USELESS. As is healing in general. The only time when it's has it's use is early game.

Seeing that Haven is going to heavily rely on healing, I bet that aspect is going to get some love ;)
by Nelgirith
Sep 22 2010, 18:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 87759

Just to be complete, here's what Xhane said on facebook as I wrote in the general comments, It does not really replace any previous creatures. You'll have lot of surprises towards the Inferno creatures. :) What I can tell you is that in the tier system we talked about already (core, elite, champion ...
by Nelgirith
Sep 22 2010, 18:18
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Real question: will you buy this with Ubisoft DRM?
Replies: 47
Views: 12661

I'm thinking Ubi will do what 2K Games has done with Civilization 5, and they'll make Steam mandatory to play Heroes 6.
by Nelgirith
Sep 20 2010, 7:21
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 81091

It could be Escaton is not concerned about the primitive 'demon-kreegans' they became, only about the advanced 'alien-kreegans' that they were originally. He simply doesn't consider those kreegans sufficiently advanced (which they aren't) for the local inhabitants not to take care of. His definitio...
by Nelgirith
Sep 19 2010, 16:03
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 81091

Roland was killed by the Kreegans already. Hence why it says KING Nicolai and not PRINCE Nicolai. Please, stop making up your version of the story. Nicolai was left in charge of Enroth (thus made King) when Roland and Catherine left for Jadame. Roland was alive in MM8. The Kreegans obviously did su...
by Nelgirith
Sep 19 2010, 14:53
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 81091

GreatEmerald wrote:Although I don't agree that there were really no Kreegan left in the word of Enroth during MM8 - after all, where did they come from in Axeoth?

Aye true, but most of them were eradicated after the H3 Armaggeddon's Blade. It was just bad phrasing :)

Go to advanced search