Search found 228 matches

by Nelgirith
20 Oct 2007, 12:22
Forum: News
Topic: GameSpot Gives Tribes a 5.5
Replies: 126
Views: 36441

GameSpot Gives Tribes a 5.5

As an add-on, I think ToE deserves a better mark than HoF, but not too high either. Besides Arantir's campaign, the storyline is quite dull and the final map is way too difficult compared to the rest of the game. If the reviewer played that map, I agree with his view upon the game. Return, return, r...
by Nelgirith
19 Oct 2007, 12:38
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: I'm completely at a loss here with TotE - Please help!
Replies: 6
Views: 3476

You can currently place mixed neutral stacks but it's imo quite tedious and boring. 1. Place a stack of the 1st group of creatures you want to have. Specify Amount (total number of creatures of this kind) and Amount 2 (number of stacks of this kind). 2. Right-click on AdditionalStacks in the item me...
by Nelgirith
19 Oct 2007, 11:05
Topic: A bug (here we go again)...
Replies: 21
Views: 6920

Cinematic camera doesn't cause any lag to me, I'm talking about the in-game cinematics, especially the ones that will point to your next objective on the map. These cinematics rotate the camera, point to the area, then scroll back to your main hero ... these are memory consuming and the game becomes...
by Nelgirith
19 Oct 2007, 06:41
Topic: A bug (here we go again)...
Replies: 21
Views: 6920

My only problem with lag in ToE is after cinematics that rotates the camera.

This issue had already been raised by the french PC Gamer reviewer during the preview of the game shortly before the release. But closing and restarting the game was enough to get rid of the lag for me.
by Nelgirith
19 Oct 2007, 06:37
Topic: ToE C1M1 sidequest - what do you get exactly?
Replies: 4
Views: 1800

You can use the new upgrades for your units. Just go to the tower north from your first city and you'll be able to upgrade your units.
by Nelgirith
17 Oct 2007, 23:26
Topic: Heroes Complete Edition Details
Replies: 74
Views: 18532

Heroes Complete Edition Details

Heroes complete is announced in France at EUR 79,99, so that would make 112,26$
by Nelgirith
17 Oct 2007, 21:29
Topic: Tribe of the East campaign 1 - skill pick
Replies: 10
Views: 3365

maltz wrote:Oh wow. So the stronghold campaign is actualy a necro campaign?
The first campaign is Necropolis, the second is Stronghold and the last is Academy
by Nelgirith
17 Oct 2007, 21:10

p.s. I heard the campaign boss has some nasty warmachine. Any strategy? Yup he does. Simply go for the necro ultimate skill, so Learning / Dark Magic / Summoning. Add some levels of War Machines + Triple Catapult + Tremors . War Machines isn't mandatory, but the ultimate skill is highly recommended.
by Nelgirith
17 Oct 2007, 14:15

Re: Tribe of the East campaign 1 - skill pick

maltz wrote:Hello:

I just got my ToE copy and is going to start playing the SP campaigns within the coming week or so. I've been studying the skill trees and is thinking of what to give Quorq (or whatever)
You're only playing Quroq (spelling?) in the prologue, so his build doesn't matter really.
by Nelgirith
16 Oct 2007, 08:09
Topic: Names Chart
Replies: 3
Views: 3569

You have to get the scriptname of the heroes on the Settings tab (in the hero menu) Garuna = Hero3 Gorshak = Hero4 Haggash = Hero7 Kilghan = Hero9 Kragh = Hero1 Shak'Karukat = Hero6 Telsek = Hero8 Urghat = Hero2 But I don't see why you'd need to cheat with those heroes .... they're totally useless a...
by Nelgirith
16 Oct 2007, 08:01
Topic: Will of Asha - Heart of Darkness
Replies: 16
Views: 8722

Well, it's pretty obvious imo. The ghost tells you what to do ... You have to send 4 minions at the obelisks at the same time and they'll "probably" die of exhaustion. So you recruit 3 heroes, place them each on one pentagram and send Ornella to the 4th and you're done. And yes, you'll los...
by Nelgirith
15 Oct 2007, 21:01
Topic: Names Chart
Replies: 3
Views: 3569

You can open the map editor and put the campaign heroes on a map. In their properties, you'll see their scriptnames.

Ornella (undead) = OrnellaNecro
Gotai = Gottai

The other heroes have the same scriptname as their name : Arantir, Kujin.
by Nelgirith
14 Oct 2007, 07:54
Topic: Carryover heroes in TotE 2nd Campaign question
Replies: 2
Views: 1560

Arantir and Ornella are the only heroes that carry over in the whole campaign. So for map 3, it would be Arantir :)

Trust me, you'll need both of them for the last map of the campaign ;|
by Nelgirith
14 Oct 2007, 07:48
Topic: Skip move during blood rage
Replies: 13
Views: 4151

The aim of the Orcs is to hit before being hit, the way bloodrage works is fine with the race's gameplay. I fail to see where there's a problem. If you don't like micro-managing, then just rush or hit defend and lose more troops than you would if you don't micro-manage your troops. All this game is ...
by Nelgirith
12 Oct 2007, 20:54
Topic: Skip move during blood rage
Replies: 13
Views: 4151

If you wait (press the skip button which actually exists now), you lose 100 rage, if you defend you lose 30 rage. Orcs are made to attack, not to wait in a corner ;)
by Nelgirith
12 Dec 2006, 21:38
Topic: Your opinion on the Fortress
Replies: 22
Views: 6245

Most of the poll options are quite negative so I picked the first one. From what I've seen, the Dwarves are an interesting faction, so much better than the other extra town we had in the past... I agree ... 8 choices, 1 is positive and 7 are totally negative as in I won't play them ... weird choice...
by Nelgirith
05 Dec 2006, 20:10
Topic: Skill Wheel Update
Replies: 12
Views: 4136

Excellent job on that one ! Thanks Aurelain :-D
The skillwheel was already a great addition to the game, it's now a must-have !
by Nelgirith
03 Dec 2006, 22:30
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Color of the Orcs
Replies: 35
Views: 11114

Darkstroem wrote:Ashan orcs are created by the fusion of human and demon blood, aren't they? So red/orange orcs are perfectly fine.
That depends on ... well ... what color is demon blood ? ;|
by Nelgirith
02 Dec 2006, 19:33
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Hammers of Fate Main Menu
Replies: 25
Views: 8932

Re: The Hammers of Fate Main Menu

Cleanpea wrote:Who is the green guy at their feet?
An ex-dark elf assassin ^^
by Nelgirith
01 Dec 2006, 09:36
Topic: HoF Queries...
Replies: 2
Views: 1013

You can zoom in and out of the dwarven town by using the up and down arrows

Go to advanced search