Search found 38 matches

by Indral
23 Jun 2006, 20:41
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The little things you miss from previous HOMM games
Replies: 104
Views: 26326

yep. no point in listing loads of stuff. i doubt they'll listen anyhow. for me, H3 is a perfect and beautiful game, all it needed was maybe even MORE creatures.. but people constantly want more, even if you give them what they want.. they want more and more... more graphics more everything.. noone i...
by Indral
23 Jun 2006, 12:48
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: BattleLord - how some things should have been done in HoMM-V
Replies: 75
Views: 28145

DaemianLucifer wrote: Really?So it wasnt HIV that I played all this years?Interesting...HIII lost its thrill?Oh,its good to know,since I just got the urge to play it,but now I wont,because the thrill is gone.
so you do post senseless posts, after all.
by Indral
23 Jun 2006, 09:22
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: BattleLord - how some things should have been done in HoMM-V
Replies: 75
Views: 28145

i like the hexes far better than squares.. but i have a weird feeling this game is going to have modified rules, making it unplayable. it's like that in every clone. H5 has lost all Heroes flavour, but regained much of what H4 had lost. The graphical evolution was something i disliked, but was neces...
by Indral
21 Jun 2006, 18:45
Topic: come on release a map pack already
Replies: 13
Views: 3770

Ethric wrote:Telling him to stop whining and do something else instead, however, is quite beside the point and rather rude.
Telling us that telling him to stop whining and do something else instead is quite beside the point and rather rude is quite beside the point and rather rude.
by Indral
21 Jun 2006, 13:15
Topic: [Universe] What do you think of Ashan ?
Replies: 116
Views: 34450

There's lots of awkward phrasings in the story, but "Griffin eternal" and "Griffin undying" are not two fo those. They're very fitting warcries or battlecries. Unless they are being cried almost every 5 seconds,in lame voices,followed by even lamer effects. couldn't agree more. ...
by Indral
21 Jun 2006, 13:07

theres tons of other things to do than wait for maps. e.g. you can do some research.. combat has not yet been clearly described. or you can experiment with skills and abilities, see what pays off most, so you get a running start ahead of your future opponents in online games.. maybe write a guide or...
by Indral
21 Jun 2006, 11:47
Topic: [Universe] What do you think of Ashan ?
Replies: 116
Views: 34450

i also think that the story is totally lame.

it hasnt got any flavor, any spirit in it..
but the story is irrelevant anyhow.
by Indral
21 Jun 2006, 11:44

who cares about you getting bored and sick when you come with this attitude?

why don't you go try and develop some games, see if that gets you bored and sick...
by Indral
20 Jun 2006, 19:29
Topic: Too heavy ?
Replies: 14
Views: 6516

I have a P4-3.2GHz, 1Gb DDRAM, Radeon 9800se and the game plays like a charm at max, without AA and AF. And the lower camera view isn't meant to be played in, it's for screenshots. 5il that "it's for screenshots" thing does my head in, thats just an excuse because their engine sucks. roge...
by Indral
20 Jun 2006, 16:03
Topic: Combat order
Views: 5010

i'm not convinced that the system Qurqirish Dragon described is really used in H5.

personally, i don't like the randomness in the combat system, so i really hope it's not used.
by Indral
20 Jun 2006, 12:38
Topic: Anyone knows when the very large army bug is fixed.
Replies: 12
Views: 3553

Gus wrote:would be nice if people would look around and try things before screaming "bug" everytime too =/
not only that, but asking WHEN the bug would be fixed.. :-D
by Indral
20 Jun 2006, 12:29
Topic: Too heavy ?
Views: 6516

i have a machine that runs H5 with no problems, but still i'm not satisfied with the engine at all.

when viewing from a lower angle (to see more terrain), the game gets slow, and that's annoying. the game engine could use a lot of optimization, and i hope it will.
by Indral
20 Jun 2006, 09:43
Topic: question about difficulty level
Replies: 3
Views: 1086

ok thanks.. i was lazy to look around, sorry. ;|
by Indral
20 Jun 2006, 07:45
Topic: question about difficulty level
Replies: 3
Views: 1086

question about difficulty level

in the CH manual, it says that at Heroic difficulty, the AI still gets half creatures and income, is that true?

i so truly hope not. because, that would be so lame.
by Indral
19 Jun 2006, 20:20

never occured to me. :|
well, it's all a thing of the past now. gotta get used to the new system.
by Indral
19 Jun 2006, 19:55

the LUCK to play first? well, that's exactly my point - it was NOT luck, it was circumstance. if both players were smart enough to get phoenixes, the attacker went first, and that was it, no luck, no randomness.. and if the defender was very smart, he got the orb of inhibition, and went for might.. ...
by Indral
19 Jun 2006, 19:01

thx for the info, i was afraid of this.. :(( random generator kills many good tactics with the "wait" command. in H3 combat was really like chess - as a master you WOULD win. now this random factor gives chance to poor players.. very "gay", i say. (no offense to homosexual people).
by Indral
19 Jun 2006, 16:35

Combat order

Did anyone figure out just how combat order is determined? There are many situations of same initiative, and I'm interested in how those situations are handled by the game. God, I hope there's no randomness. And when do the heroes take turn? What about identical stacks? Attacking/defending hero? If ...

Go to advanced search