Search found 57 matches

by Mace the Councillor
29 Mar 2006, 16:40
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your Favorite 7th lvl creature
Replies: 59
Views: 31423

I am fairly sure the Archangel only takes one square.
by Mace the Councillor
28 Mar 2006, 10:26
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your Favorite 7th lvl creature
Replies: 59
Views: 31423

The Archangel is clearly the overall best by far. High speed means you will almost always attack first, and it is just enough to carry you across the battlefield. It's HP is not as great as that of the Titan or the Black dragon, but its superior offensive power more than makes up for it. And they ar...
by Mace the Councillor
28 Mar 2006, 10:02
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Limitations of the Map Editor
Replies: 12
Views: 7862

Re: Limitations of the Map Editor

Ururam Tururam wrote:

Code: Select all

x=number of creatures to get
if x> 1024, give 1024 creatures, x=x-1024
if x> 512, give 512 creatures, x=x-512
etc...
Good code, except, I think it needs to say >= (greater than or equals) instead of just > (greater than). Otherwise, you would always get one creature too few, I think.
by Mace the Councillor
27 Mar 2006, 18:45
Topic: Hopes for the Heroes V editor!
Replies: 47
Views: 19958

In a tight RPG like MBK, such scripts would not fit at all. You made the mistake of dismissing those free creatures? Or starting on the path you are supposed to take only later? Then you shouldn't be able to pass. But if you adapt difficulty to hero level only and not to amount of creatures, that m...
by Mace the Councillor
27 Mar 2006, 16:06

Still, the point is that it can be done. I'd rather have a variable as well though ;) Then we agree. If done carelessly, yes, but not if done in an appropriate manner, I think. And any editor function that is used carelessly will ruin the game. Sure. But I doubt that there is a way to use appropria...
by Mace the Councillor
27 Mar 2006, 13:10

You can adjust scripted combat any way you want to. Tedious work since each possible enemy setup needs to be scripted seperately. That is just it, though. Tedious work. I know it can be done, but it takes way too long if you want 20 different possible setups. Better to have a variable. But with a f...
by Mace the Councillor
24 Mar 2006, 13:18
Topic: Cloak of Distraction help...
Replies: 2
Views: 3961

Cloak of Distraction help...

Hi! I have just recently started to make a new RPG type map. The initial stage has gone smoother than I expected, but that may be because I am more familiar with the editor now than I was when I made my first map. However, I have encountered one problem. The Cloak of Distraction. It is supposed to m...
by Mace the Councillor
24 Mar 2006, 13:09

I think it can be done with H4 editor. Just make a creature stack with a standard -> encountered event and sacript there. I don't think this can be done for monthly generated creatures and those of other players, but perhaps I am wrong. Well, no it can't be done. I mean no offense, but I think you ...
by Mace the Councillor
23 Mar 2006, 10:14

I think the ability to use variables when determining the number of creatures in scripted would be a great improvement, too. I mean, if you are making a kind of map when you want to adapt the difficulty of a battle to how powerful the hero is and/or the chosen difficulty, then you could have the scr...
by Mace the Councillor
21 Mar 2006, 17:02
Topic: Questions without squares?
Replies: 3
Views: 3311

Thanks for the help, folks!

EDIT: I tried it out and it worked for me, too.
by Mace the Councillor
20 Mar 2006, 14:51
Topic: Questions without squares?
Replies: 3
Views: 3311

Questions without squares?

I know this can be done but I can't remember how. Does anyone know how to make an Ask Question script with new lines in it that does not have those annoying square symbols?
by Mace the Councillor
20 Mar 2006, 12:26

Veldrynus wrote:No. It would be too complicated to learn. :rofl:
I can't believe that, coming from you. You are, like, one of the most ambitious and well-known mapmakers on this site.

But maybe :rofl: meant you were joking.
by Mace the Councillor
20 Mar 2006, 12:22

Maybe you shouldn't compare the H4 editor to the WC3 editor, cuz' WC3 has the best damned editor I've ever seen. Somethings I hope for in H5's editor would be: Maybe you are right. Hoping for an editor like the one from WarCraft III may be too much, but it does not change the fact that I think the ...
by Mace the Councillor
18 Mar 2006, 11:29

Good replies, folks! I am sure the unofficial mods have a bit to offer that the standard games don't. Maybe that is something to look at, but I have never really gotten into it. I guess concern for the stability of my computer makes me careful with unofficial software. But really, why should there b...
by Mace the Councillor
17 Mar 2006, 16:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Are you going to buy Heroes V?
Replies: 164
Views: 54845

Yes, I will definitely buy it sooner or later.
by Mace the Councillor
17 Mar 2006, 16:31

Hopes for the Heroes V editor!

Hi folks! I haven't been posting here for quite some time, and I haven't been mapmaking in nearly two years. I have a grand total of one Heroes III and one Heroes IV map that I am the author of posted on this site. This is partly due to the enormous amounts of time mapmaking takes and partly due to ...
by Mace the Councillor
05 Nov 2005, 00:06
Forum: News
Topic: New Map by Rakne Fne
Replies: 1
Views: 1427

A well made map with nice graphical design and ingenious use of portals to alleviate travel times, which might otherwise have become quite daunting since one had to backtrack to retake an enemy occupied town. The town names were also interesting, and there was a nicely scripted quest hut where one c...

Go to advanced search