Search found 562 matches

by maltz
Dec 2 2011, 17:24
Forum: News
Topic: Finally a GameSpot Review: 8/10
Replies: 24
Views: 6635

Finally a GameSpot Review: 8/10

V was also a feast of bug at the beginning. But it still managed to patch up and eventually deliver two expansions. Maybe VI will walk on the same path, but maybe it is my illusion - I find the patching speed of VI a little slower than V.
by maltz
Nov 30 2011, 22:09
Topic: Heroes VI: Patch 1.2 Status
Replies: 22
Views: 6311

Heroes VI: Patch 1.2 Status

There is a bright side - patches usually change away features that we didn't find bothersome at all (because they think this is overpowered), which honestly feels extremely annoying. So as long as I can still finish the campaigns without stuck by a bug somewhere, I am happy. Edited on Wed, Nov 30 20...
by maltz
Nov 29 2011, 1:40
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Something is Rotten
Replies: 13
Views: 128243

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Something is Rotten

Thanks for your input. I have never tried Heroic Charge, but heard many good things about it. In my impression, the enemy stacks usually die by the first hit without the charge anyway. :O
by maltz
Nov 29 2011, 1:35
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Help with Sanctuary Campaign Mission 2?
Replies: 6
Views: 4239

I just finished this mission minutes ago. Spring Spirits are a no-factor in this map, and Snow Maidens' ranged power is no match of the Pearl Priestess. Kirins are too few to make any difference. I like your first approach, which IMO is how Blackhole wants us to play the game - the AIs' scripted arm...
by maltz
Nov 25 2011, 16:45
Topic: Another Dynasty Weapon Bug?
Replies: 2
Views: 2226

Yes this is a well known bug. If you keep switching between weapons (repeat: save game - load game - switch weapon), you could get lots and lots of free attributes. The worst part is people might be enjoying this bug without even knowing it. :D
by maltz
Nov 24 2011, 17:28
Topic: Haven Campaign 4 - Sveltana an Ally? [SPOILER]
Replies: 4
Views: 2720

I just beat her down and took over her town. No negative consequences. :D
by maltz
Nov 24 2011, 17:24
Topic: MMX Quest Survey
Replies: 5
Views: 2001

MMX Quest Survey

I submitted a quest called "trial and error" - the journey of become the master alchemist and performance-enhancing drug dealer.
by maltz
Nov 21 2011, 16:30
Topic: This dynasty weapon is driving me nuts
Replies: 3
Views: 3352

Got this from the official forum:

To prevent a Dynasty Weapon from disappearing, right after you get it, save the game, go back to Main Menu, go to My Dynasty, and associate that weapon with a hero.
by maltz
Nov 19 2011, 4:42
Topic: Campaign missions' scripted army
Replies: 2
Views: 1666

Campaign missions' scripted army

If you - (a) frequently find the campaign missions too hard because you run into a huge army even if you have maintained a sick streak of (almost) perfect victories, or (b) hate the AI heroes who keep coming after your towns; this might help. just read this off some other forum... combined with pers...
by maltz
Nov 19 2011, 4:24
Topic: auto-combat vs manual combat.
Replies: 8
Views: 8203

In general, players manually fight every combat where auto-combat loses units (so you won't lose any). This is 99% of the case as a might hero.
;| Even if you get a perfect victory, the calculation leaves you with very little mana.
by maltz
Nov 18 2011, 15:29
Topic: Does time used affect campaign score at all?
Replies: 4
Views: 2384

Not sure how the mission score affects ranking (for example, hero ranking is >= 500,000?), but the mission score has the following tabs: 1. "Skill". The game said this is related to the number of unit lost during the campaign. It is possible to get 300,000+ score from this category alone (...
by maltz
Nov 17 2011, 22:30
Topic: Exploit: Farming unlimited EXP for Dynasty Weapon
Replies: 11
Views: 8456

Same as any exploit in gaming history - enjoy it when it still works. :D
by maltz
Nov 17 2011, 7:27
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - The Spider's Stratag
Replies: 20
Views: 11817

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - The Spider's Stratag

I remember seeing the restriction of Puppet Master on stack sizes in some other games; is it here in Heroes6? I had no problem to PM 700+ Breed Mother with a spell power of ~70, though. (But I often had problem with the game crashing hard when I actually use them to shoot.)
by maltz
Nov 16 2011, 13:54

RollingWave, I have heard about good things of your strategy. But I had some doubt - the Teleport spell has a cool down of 4 turns. How do you prevent the spiders from being fried when the web effect expires? And they will get hit by other stacks that wasn't affected by the web. Also, the spiders ca...
by maltz
Nov 16 2011, 13:51

Hm maybe I messed up the order of 3 and 5... they all look similar anyway :p Can someone else confirm Shoaura's order? Just one more vote and I will change the numbering on the map.
by maltz
Nov 15 2011, 19:24
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn
Replies: 19
Views: 19192

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn

Interesting! Thanks for the suggestions. I think Black Hole wanted us to use secondary heroes like you did. :)
by maltz
Nov 15 2011, 19:22

Thanks for you input. Could you point out which underworld area did you enter first, second, etc? Perhaps it is all random, but I have a feeling that the developers want to assign the last entered area the one in the middle.
by maltz
Nov 15 2011, 19:18

Just a little addition: There is another, namely "master", EXP of all Dynasty weapons. You can see them in My Dynasty. This EXP is increased whenever you use that weapon to gain EXP in any game. Now if you do not unequip the Dynasty weapon before saving a game, and later load that save, yo...
by maltz
Nov 15 2011, 11:44

Exploit: Farming unlimited EXP for Dynasty Weapon

Not sure whether people have reported this. Just tested it out and it worked! What we do here is to exploit the "feature" that a Dynasty weapon's EXP is associated with a game save ONLY when it is equipped. What we need is the following: (1) Some ways to gain a lot of EXP very quickly in r...
by maltz
Nov 14 2011, 21:39
Topic: Mechanics of Morale & Luck (compared to V)
Replies: 10
Views: 9732

Has the Luck bug (?) been fixed? I remember seeing some Lucky attack on a regular attack (not counterstrike) in the past weekend. :D

Go to advanced search