Search found 562 matches

by maltz
16 Dec 2011, 15:35
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: very frustrating mission
Replies: 13
Views: 6493

My impression is that each step the hero makes costs different amount of movement points. For example, on a paved road, if the hero carries no army, each step may cost 0.5 movement points. If the hero is loaded with army, each step may cost 1.0 movement points. (I don't know the exact numbers). So t...
by maltz
16 Dec 2011, 15:00
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Winding Star
Replies: 15
Views: 9411

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Winding Star

Honestly, I haven't figured out how to open a campaign scenario with the editor, so I don't have the set artifacts' location readily available and can't confirm whether any particular artifact will always spawn. Good news for Haven and Sanctuary is that we can easily buy the most powerful artifact f...
by maltz
15 Dec 2011, 21:23
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.2 on December 20th
Replies: 41
Views: 20723

Patch 1.2 on December 20th

It is good to have a date on the patch.

But I only care about which bugs will be fixed. (I want to see Puppet Master crashing bug fixed!)
Edited on Thu, Dec 15 2011, 17:03 by maltz
by maltz
15 Dec 2011, 18:19

Yep. The difference is actually quite large. Heroes6 did not start this. I remember back in Heroes5 there was a formula showing how movement points is affected by the "number of stacks". I haven't noticed in Heroes6 whether a 1-stack army slows down a hero less than a 7-stack army.
by maltz
15 Dec 2011, 17:06

Those AI invasion armies are chickens, they will run away from Anton. In my game I used the empty Fort beside the underground entrance (in the walkthrough, Fort B) as a bait (as they tend to go after it if Anton is not nearby). When I see a Red hero appear from the portal exit, I town portal Anton b...
by maltz
15 Dec 2011, 17:00
Topic: Help! Necro campaign 3 oddness
Replies: 7
Views: 3609

Actually I have heard similar things in other forums, but I always thought people were talking about the town structure during the actual siege battle. There is also a "firestorm" adventure building to visit, but the effect of that is only limited in battles, not on the adventure map. Mayb...
by maltz
14 Dec 2011, 20:32
Topic: "Hard" difficulty does not work
Replies: 1
Views: 1490

"Hard" difficulty does not work

Well, technically speaking, the hard difficulty does work. It gives us less army and resources to start a mission, with more powerful and enemies to fight. All of the above are proven good ways to make the mission harder. But many of us feel this is not enough. ;| In my walkthrough, I assign a diffi...
by maltz
14 Dec 2011, 20:08
Topic: Haven Campaign-final mission
Replies: 2
Views: 1646

Yes, another player has commented that he witness the Orange inferno invasion. I guess in most missions, the AIs will eventually come to you if you do not go after them. I have changed the wording of the walkthrough to be a little vague on the Orange Invasion.
by maltz
13 Dec 2011, 20:16
Topic: Chronological order of missions? (spoilers)
Replies: 39
Views: 33386

I am a little confused with Mother Namtaru's plot in the posted order on page 1. Inferno - defeated in Mission 2 by Inferno invasion (Kiril), but spared with Anastasya's arrival Necropolis - alive and well in Mission 4, but warns about Inferno invasion It seems to me that Inferno 2 happens just befo...
by maltz
12 Dec 2011, 02:20
Topic: H6 Patching Policy
Replies: 40
Views: 16237

H6 Patching Policy

Actually there is a faster way to farm EXP for Dynasty weapons - simply use the editor to make a scenario where you can get a ton of free units, and use that to beat a ton of free untis in a quick combat. You will earn millions of EXP that instantly max out any Dynasty weapon in seconds. And even be...
by maltz
08 Dec 2011, 20:32
Topic: Play With the Devs
Replies: 10
Views: 4683

Play With the Devs

I thought they are supposed to work on Patch 1.2... Or does that mean the patch will be released before 15th? :)
by maltz
08 Dec 2011, 20:17
Topic: 2D vs. 3D
Replies: 38
Views: 15921

I think "better" graphics can never harm a game. It is half of the reason to play the game anyway. I like horror movies, and frequently search for good horror movies from those "top 50" list. A lot of list are "all-time" lists, so they include classics like "The Ex...
by maltz
07 Dec 2011, 18:59
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - Death-In-Life and Lif
Replies: 25
Views: 20922

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - Death-In-Life and Lif

Sanctuary and Haven do not have access to Dark Magic.
by maltz
06 Dec 2011, 23:22
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Fury and the Mire
Replies: 12
Views: 14764

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Fury and the Mire

Ice bolt (fixes a melee stack at exactly where it is) does look very sexy especially for the optional battles in mission 4. I just hope that we can teleport a hostile stack around, too. :D And thanks for other information.
Edited on Tue, Dec 06 2011, 18:23 by maltz
by maltz
06 Dec 2011, 23:20
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - Death-In-Life and Lif
Replies: 25
Views: 20922

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - Death-In-Life and Lif

Thanks for the information on the Anniversary Achievement. I wonder why would one keep waiting if no enemy remains on the map - looks more like a bug than a feature.
by maltz
06 Dec 2011, 03:15
Topic: The best artifacts in the game
Replies: 6
Views: 7343

Besides, the Comb can be worn by a low level hero. Same thing for artifacts that grants other spells. :-D
by maltz
05 Dec 2011, 21:48
Topic: Tactics Skill Very Poorly Done
Replies: 14
Views: 8753

I heard that patch 1.2 will be able to memorize the previous battle layout.
by maltz
05 Dec 2011, 14:57
Topic: The best artifacts in the game
Replies: 6
Views: 7343

Shadow Comb - 1 Puppet Master per battle, useful for heroes who can't cast dark magic. Against the toughest optional battles this is the best shot - but PM frequently crashes the game. ;|

Scroll of Mass Life Drain - again, useful for heroes who can't cast dark magic
by maltz
03 Dec 2011, 20:04
Topic: Spending Dynasty Seals in the Altar of Wishes
Replies: 3
Views: 4761

You need level 11, not level 10. It is a bug.
by maltz
02 Dec 2011, 17:26
Topic: Simple Questions Simple Answers thread
Replies: 310
Views: 154602

What would happen if Ubisoft pays these (greatest ever) fans to make its official manual? Or people only do extraordinary work when they are not forced to. :D

Go to advanced search