Search found 562 matches

by maltz
24 Jul 2006, 14:39
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Ranger → The Refugees
Replies: 59
Views: 32381

The Ranger → The Refugees

Got a bad news here. People have been reporting that one can NO LONGER swap army from the garrison post patch 1.2. Now I would really want to see how people can step on all of the stat boosts on heroic... :)
by maltz
24 Jul 2006, 14:37
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Undocumented 1.2 changes
Replies: 47
Views: 15259

Apparantly patch 1.2 removes this "feature" that one swap huge armies from the garrison.

Luke the young skywalker: NOOOOOOOOO~~~
Raelag: ISSSAAABEEELLLL~~~~~
by maltz
24 Jul 2006, 14:10
Topic: Patch 1.2 Hall of Fame
Replies: 12
Views: 4008

That's a great idea. Since we don't like the way they do it, why don't we do it ourselves? Too bad I know nothing about programming. But here are a few ideas of a score model. Any opinion is welcome: First, we want a score for EACH mission (don't know whether that's possible). Let's list all the fac...
by maltz
24 Jul 2006, 13:30
Topic: Help! Academy Level 4: The Alliance *Spoilers*
Replies: 6
Views: 3158

Re: Help! Academy Level 4: The Alliance *Spoilers*

I've used Raelag and his Empowered Spells, the Mage (I forget his name) and his Phoenix summonning, and the Ranger with his all round good stats. Still nothing. I shave off the Angels, but the Paladins lead to my downfall. I haven't heard a key word: Frenzy. :D First, empowered spell gives you most...
by maltz
24 Jul 2006, 04:08

stefan.urlus wrote:... patch 1.2 when it's a bit of a disgrace?
Yeah it is not that good. The entire hall of fame thing looks really lame. Ideally you should be shown a score, with a nice picture and some interesting stats, whenever you finish every mission. :)
by maltz
24 Jul 2006, 03:49
Topic: The Queen → The Fall of the King
Replies: 46
Views: 29049

The Queen → The Fall of the King

I just read about some guy beat the garrison with less than 300 Imperial G! The key was to have: 1. Lots of knowledge points (even better, inteliigence). Step on the 2X mana fountain to survive the initial 250 mana drain from the 1K imps. 2. Dark (frenzy / blind work wonders) 3. Summoning (duplicate...
by maltz
24 Jul 2006, 03:36
Topic: Sylvan campaign, map 3
Replies: 26
Views: 8056

The enemy just sits there in the capital with this 20 Spectral Dragons, 25 Wraiths, 33 Vampire Lords and what else he now got. Weird, in my game they loved to rush out. Perhaps I moved up my blade dancers to their striking distance...? Well, even if you only have 8 emerald, with resurrection you ca...
by maltz
24 Jul 2006, 03:26

Patch 1.2 Hall of Fame

I hope I am not the only one who is curious about how the Hall of Fame score system works... :D OK, I know this long-waited feature look rather unimaginative now, and who has the patience to replay the ENTIRE campaign just to check the score? Why don't they give score for each mission? Why everybody...
by maltz
22 Jul 2006, 20:01
Topic: Academy Walkthrough Complete
Replies: 35
Views: 20190

The Mage → The Alliance

Somehow the neutral stacks on this mission (and mission 3) are ridiculously small on heroic. They were only 1/2 as big as the neutrals on mission 2! What's going on? It is very boring to fight... 47 horned demons in mission 4, with 3 superheroes! What happened to those 470, even 1470 horned demons i...
by maltz
22 Jul 2006, 19:43
Topic: Sylvan campaign, map 3
Replies: 26
Views: 8056

Try this (works for me twice on heroic). Day 1. -- Findan takes back capital. Don't let your dragons and sprites out as they will die fast. -- Hire a new hero, swap army with Findan. -- Findan on boat with crap army, new hero stay to defend with 100% Findan's army. Day 2. -- Findan sail west, toward...
by maltz
22 Jul 2006, 14:26
Topic: Undocumented 1.2 changes
Replies: 47
Views: 15259

After patch 1.2, has anybody notice that you always re-learn all your mass spells at the beginning of a campaign mission?

I am now in Academy mission 4. Since there are 3 heroes who know light, and 2 of them know dark, I have a good 2 minutes slide show of mass-X learning... Kind of weird. :D
by maltz
22 Jul 2006, 01:21
Topic: Academy campaign 3. Mission bug...
Replies: 1
Views: 1588

Re: Academy campaign 3. Mission bug...

when i finished the Liberation map, scenario 4 loaded in without any cutscene. Than i was able to load the Triumvirate map from the main menu.( Exactly the same thing happens on me now. I get this bug as well. When I later free Godric, no objective was checked. Also, even though I lost Zehir in bat...
by maltz
22 Jul 2006, 01:18
Topic: The Triumvirate
Replies: 43
Views: 35287

The Triumvirate

> erisipelotrix I now get this problem, too. I am not sure whether this has anything to do when I finished mission 2, where I instantly jumped to mission 4. I had to quit to main menu, then manually start this mission. Edite: But I found a solution. I installed patch 1.2, and restarted this mission ...
by maltz
21 Jul 2006, 17:03
Topic: Sylvan -Nicolai fast breeders?
Views: 2715

One Stone wrote:I'm Dooooomed, now it has started to grow 666 ghost dragons every day.
Sorry I know this is a late reply. Is this problem still there after the patch? (1.1 is fine)
by maltz
21 Jul 2006, 16:54
Topic: Movement
Replies: 10
Views: 5781

In many cases you might own both "the boots of swift journey", and "the golden horseshoe". Now since the movement points are decided at the beginning of a turn, you can put on the boots of swift journey before presseing end turn, and replace it with the horseshoe at the beginning...
by maltz
21 Jul 2006, 16:51
Topic: Artificer
Views: 3670

A side note:

Since the effect of the artifact made depends on the hero's knowledge, you can equip as many knowledge enhancing artifacts as possible first, then forge your artifact. You can remove your artifacts afterwards.
by maltz
21 Jul 2006, 16:00
Topic: Need help with The Cultists!
Replies: 18
Views: 6812

Re: Need help with The Cultists!

Simira wrote: Can anyone give me a tip of a working strategy?
(1) Expert Destructive + Sorcery + Empowered Meteor Shower.
(2) Don't stay, rush them.
by maltz
21 Jul 2006, 15:21
Topic: Summoned elementals don't stack anymore- 1.2 "feature&q
Replies: 32
Views: 9815

> Summoned elementals will replace the original This is a very weird new feature, as it didn't happen in previous HoMM4 (the only other HoMM I've played.) I think this new feature is not really justified, though. The power of a summoner is to walk free on earth with only a tiny army... and this only...
by maltz
21 Jul 2006, 04:25
Topic: The Mage → The Liberation
Replies: 29
Views: 18358

The Mage → The Liberation

When I took Lorekeep it was called "Undefined". Is that true in other people's game? Is this the wizard's way to humiliate the necromancers? "Oh! Your crap town is UNDEFINED in our dictionary. We don't recognize your existence."
by maltz
20 Jul 2006, 15:19
Topic: The Ranger → The Refugees
Replies: 59
Views: 32381

The Ranger → The Refugees

Another interesting challenge here is to visit every single stat boosters on this map (there are at least 10 of them!), as well as all three witch huts, while trying to defend your garrisons, and get them all before Biara shows up. This is still doable in heroic, as you can "borrow" army f...

Go to advanced search