Search found 562 matches

by maltz
14 Nov 2011, 21:36
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Dynasty weapon's EXP
Replies: 7
Views: 6320

Now I have more experience on the game and can confidently say that I was wrong. The game is smart enough to NOT reward any additional EXP to a Dynasty weapon if we simply load a previous save and repeat the EXP gain. Apparently, the game records the current EXP of a Dynasty Weapon on the save file....
by maltz
14 Nov 2011, 21:19
Topic: How to Play Each Faction (to supplement Maltz’s walkthroughs
Replies: 16
Views: 40069

Thanks for the great information! Based on what I have read so far, people generally prefer a magic hero more than might, since the level-3 magics (Time Stasis, Puppet Master, Blind, Frenzy) are so insanely good. I think this largely overlooks the fact that some armies heavily rely on Might power an...
by maltz
14 Nov 2011, 21:08
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons
Replies: 24
Views: 21327

Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons

I have the urge to think of an excuse such as "it must come from a new patch", since being as anal as I am on stats boosts, I normally don't miss out on any opportunity. But maybe I simply forgot about that one. Thanks for the input!
by maltz
13 Nov 2011, 02:04
Topic: necro campaign Tear
Replies: 2
Views: 2436

Here you go:

by maltz
10 Nov 2011, 14:55
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 95760

I remember reading that the developers of VI wants to make the game less luck-based (hence more skill-based?). I think they have successfully tone down the luck element. Battles also generally drag a lot longer and the importance of healing shoots way up, which means a good ability repertoire and us...
by maltz
09 Nov 2011, 19:38
Topic: Heroes VI Fan Manual
Replies: 26
Views: 35081

This is great stuff!
May I request the following sections in a future expansion, if possible:

1. How morale and luck works
2. How mission score and rank (veteran, hero, etc.) is calculated
by maltz
09 Nov 2011, 19:16
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Forth, Maulingas!
Replies: 3
Views: 2449

Forth, Maulingas!

That horse statue stole the scene. :D
by maltz
09 Nov 2011, 19:12
Topic: Does time used affect campaign score at all?
Replies: 4
Views: 2846

Does time used affect campaign score at all?

How are the factors affecting the ranks (hero, veteran, etc.)? Are "days passed" playing any role here? Thanks.
by maltz
04 Nov 2011, 14:18
Topic: Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony
Replies: 42
Views: 24129

Thanks for all the inputs. I am still in Necro campaign map 1 (hard difficulty) and already see large army clashes. There is certainly a lot of pressure to get a build to mature for serious challenge. Any recommendations for mass spells? They don't seem particularly powerful and uses way too much ma...
by maltz
04 Nov 2011, 14:15
Topic: Ubisoft, piracy, and the death of reason
Replies: 8
Views: 5535

I live in Canada. Most places where used to be long shelves of PC games (like BestBuy, Futureshop, EBgames) have replaced them with console games. Perhaps the reduction of sales is not just UBsoft. A big problem for PC game is that they are way too buggy. The constant patches are good if all they do...
by maltz
04 Nov 2011, 14:11
Topic: Siege battles need work
Replies: 13
Views: 5150

Just tried to attack a castle with a small army (threat level = deadly). Indeed the AI melee now camps inside the castle, and only come out when they want to end my misery quickly.

So I guess the key to exploit the AI's kamikaze attack is to bring more ranged units.
by maltz
03 Nov 2011, 14:44

By the way, how much EXP is required for a Dynasty weapon to progress to level 3, 4, and 5?
I only know for Level 2 it is 100,000.
by maltz
03 Nov 2011, 14:05
Topic: Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony
Replies: 42
Views: 24129

Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony

The game is still new a lot of us are still experimenting with different hero builds. How about we start a thread to share our testimonies on different spell/feat and their combos? With very limited experience I will start with a few: Life Drain + Regeneration/Heal: perfect victory all the way Back ...
by maltz
02 Nov 2011, 18:25

Wild guess: the AI will rush its melee out of the castle if it holds a disadvantage in ranged attack power. That will only make it lose faster, though. So far I've always assaulted castles with superior ranged stack (by campaign design and some basic unit conservation).
by maltz
02 Nov 2011, 15:58

Siege battles need work

We all have a good idea about a glorious siege battle: (1) Shoot-outs (2) Catapults finally make openings on the wall (3) Melee troops rushing in (4) Fierce street fights I am only in the 3rd map of the campaigns, but I already noticed that the above never happened. I doubt Black Hole really tested ...
by maltz
02 Nov 2011, 15:42

Dynasty weapon's EXP

I am still learning the new system. It seems that the total EXP is the sum of all games. This can allow very strange thing to happen. For example, if I make a save just before touching a +2500 EXP stone and repeats the actions of (touch stone - +2500 EXP - load save), I can accumulate unlimited EXP ...
by maltz
02 Nov 2011, 13:25
Topic: Mechanics of Morale & Luck (compared to V)
Replies: 10
Views: 12237

It seems to me that there are two kinds of horseshoe. Normally what you see is an "inverted U", which apparently does not increase the damage. I read that some people pointed out that the inverted U actually means "unlucky" attack, but it didn't really reduce damage, either. I fo...
by maltz
01 Nov 2011, 20:20

I kept comforting myself at seeing those disappointing lucky hits. If the expected damage is 100-200, I probably get something like 180 as the result of a lucky hit. Maybe my I would have got only 120 without it. But still I would expect occassional getting a lucky hit that goes over the expected ma...
by maltz
01 Nov 2011, 20:12

Mechanics of Morale & Luck (compared to V)

It seems that both Morale and Luck have been nerfed in VI because the developers think they are too powerful in V. I found this interview online: http://heroes.hardwired.hu/heroes6/leirasok/hunweek/8interview_eng.php 6. How will Luck and Moral work? What changed in these skills compared to the previ...
by maltz
29 Oct 2011, 11:56
Topic: Any console code?
Views: 4912

Hi shep61, Your ID looks familiar! Thanks for your help back then. At this point I have only finished the first tutorial campaign (on hard). It is still too early to comment. So far I don't like the fact that hostile units can freely walk diagnally through lines to reach our back (the lack of "...

Go to advanced search